Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parsing Forrest's Declaration

Section 15 of Declaration of Forrest Fenn

15. In early June 2020, I personally verified that the Chest was found by a searcher,
    who has requested to remain anonymous. Since the Chest was discovered, I have
    personally seen the Chest and its contents. I also met the person who found the Chest and
    confirmed that he discovered it in the location I left it about ten years ago. I also confirmed
    that he had used the clues in the poem and hints in the Memoir to locate and find the Chest.

Questions a Judge and Plaintiff Attorney might have.

1. In early June 2020, I personally verified that the Chest was found by a searcher
    a. Need clarification between a searcher vs. the finder. Is "a searcher" the same person as the finder?
    b. What date did you verify?
    c. What date was the chest recovered?
    d. How did you verify?
    e. Did you verify the chest before or after you made the chest recovery announcement?
    2. who has requested to remain anonymous.
    a. When did the finder request to remain anonymous?
    b. How did you receive the request?
    c. Where did you receive the request?
    3. Since the Chest was discovered
    a. When was the chest discovered?
    b. Where was the chest discovered?
    c. How was the chest discovered?
    4. I have personally seen the Chest and its contents.
    a. When did you see the contents?
    b. Where did you see the contents?
    c. Who presented the contents to you?
    5. I also met the person who found the Chest and
    a. Is this the same person as the searcher and finder?
    b. When did you meet this person?
    c. Where did you meet this person?
    6. confirmed that he discovered it in the location I left it about ten years ago.
    a. Clarify discovered.
    b. Was it recovered at the time of the discovery by the "Searcher", "Finder", "Person"?
    7. I also confirmed that he had used the clues in the poem and hints in the Memoir to locate and find the Chest.
    a. When did you confirm?
    b. How did you confirm?

How does this have anything to do with the Erskine case? Erskine filed suit before the find and his suit has nothing to do with the find. I'm not sure why Forrests lawyers brought it up except as an "Oh, by the way...."

Comment

Agreed. These are questions *I* might ask, but they are not relevant to this case.

Comment

Originally posted by CRM114 View Post
        How does this have anything to do with the Erskine case? Erskine filed suit before the find and his suit has nothing to do with the find. I'm not sure why Forrests lawyers brought it up except as an "Oh, by the way...."
        I agree. I honestly think Forrest offered up too much information and possibly opened the door to scrutiny from plaintiff attorney. But, now that it's out there, the attorney's can pick it apart and try to entrap Forrest in a perjury and then strike up a deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Walking Among Lions View Post

I agree. I honestly think Forrest offered up too much information and possibly opened the door to scrutiny from plaintiff attorney. But, now that it's out there, the attorney's can pick it apart and try to entrap Forrest in a perjury and then strike up a deal.
          Agreed. Between the typos, the irrelevant information, and lack of basic argument, I'm not sure Forrest has the best attorneys working on this. Their defense boils down to "forrest is a war hero and says he never went to the Erskine site, and besides, someone else found it. ". Erskine is now open to start pursuing the finder now. If that happens, and Forrest refuses to produce the finder, he might be in a pickle., because it's just Forrest's word vs. Erskine solve. I doubt a judge would get into the merits of Erskines solve.

The case boils down to what exactly was Forrest promising with the Chase?
          Last edited by CRM114; 06-29-2020, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Agreed. Between the typos, the irrelevant information, and lack of basic argument, I'm not sure Forrest has the best attorneys working on this. Their defense boils down to "forrest is a war hero and says he never went to the Erskine site, and besides, someone else found it. ". Erskine is now open to start pursuing the finder now. If that happens, and Forrest refuses to produce the finder, he might be in a pickle., because it's just Forrest's word vs. Erskine solve. I doubt a judge would get into the merits of Erskines solve.

The case boils down to what exactly was Forrest promising with the Chase?
            I can't even begin to picture ff in a pickle. now an olive, that's a different matter entirely. and remember ff's pic in line with a certain Hollywood A-lister? could this have been what he was predicting?

Comment

I wish we did get to ask Fenn all those questions. The statement is kind of clear, but also leaves a few things unsaid. 'The finder of the chest got in touch by email on x date having solved the clues and retrieved the chest a few days earlier...' would have been a clearing-things-up-properly opening line. Legal people are so careful...

I know nothing about legal matters, but it was my understanding that the judge can look at all this paperwork and dismiss the case as not fit to continue. Or am I mistaken?

Comment

Originally posted by tootingjo View Post
                I wish we did get to ask Fenn all those questions. The statement is kind of clear, but also leaves a few things unsaid. 'The finder of the chest got in touch by email on x date having solved the clues and retrieved the chest a few days earlier...' would have been a clearing-things-up-properly opening line. Legal people are so careful...

I know nothing about legal matters, but it was my understanding that the judge can look at all this paperwork and dismiss the case as not fit to continue. Or am I mistaken?
                Your guess is as good as mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyke (MySon) View Post

I can't even begin to picture ff in a pickle. now an olive, that's a different matter entirely. and remember ff's pic in line with a certain Hollywood A-lister? could this have been what he was predicting?
                  Well, that would be The Dill of the Chase for sure.

Comment

Well, that would be The Dill of the Chase for sure.
                    If those who have chased feel they've truly been "called" and their pursuit a "labor of love"
                    then perhaps their post-Chase memoir should be titled: "The Call-Amata"

Click image for larger version

Name:	Call Amata.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	171130Click image for larger version

Name:	call amata 2.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	171129
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Walking Among Lions View Post
                      Section 15 of Declaration of Forrest Fenn

15. In early June 2020, I personally verified that the Chest was found by a searcher,
                      who has requested to remain anonymous. Since the Chest was discovered, I have
                      personally seen the Chest and its contents. I also met the person who found the Chest and
                      confirmed that he discovered it in the location I left it about ten years ago. I also confirmed
                      that he had used the clues in the poem and hints in the Memoir to locate and find the Chest.

Questions a Judge and Plaintiff Attorney might have.

1. In early June 2020, I personally verified that the Chest was found by a searcher
                      a. Need clarification between a searcher vs. the finder. Is "a searcher" the same person as the finder?
                      b. What date did you verify?
                      c. What date was the chest recovered?
                      d. How did you verify?
                      e. Did you verify the chest before or after you made the chest recovery announcement?
                      2. who has requested to remain anonymous.
                      a. When did the finder request to remain anonymous?
                      b. How did you receive the request?
                      c. Where did you receive the request?
                      3. Since the Chest was discovered
                      a. When was the chest discovered?
                      b. Where was the chest discovered?
                      c. How was the chest discovered?
                      4. I have personally seen the Chest and its contents.
                      a. When did you see the contents?
                      b. Where did you see the contents?
                      c. Who presented the contents to you?
                      5. I also met the person who found the Chest and
                      a. Is this the same person as the searcher and finder?
                      b. When did you meet this person?
                      c. Where did you meet this person?
                      6. confirmed that he discovered it in the location I left it about ten years ago.
                      a. Clarify discovered.
                      b. Was it recovered at the time of the discovery by the "Searcher", "Finder", "Person"?
                      7. I also confirmed that he had used the clues in the poem and hints in the Memoir to locate and find the Chest.
                      a. When did you confirm?
                      b. How did you confirm?
                      Forrest knows he doesn't have to answer all questions people ask of him. But if Predator, Cobra, or Chuck Norris asks a question, FF may consider giving some kind of answer. Maybe a polite yawn.

Comment

Working...
                      X