Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's Take The Chase Back and Solve This Thing

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    blineaheadpiwee? My solve has been cancelled/null/void. Goal is to have nine near, im sure it is contiguous in one spot. biwwwh= lgfi imagination I think its death, mummy cave in wy seems to be a big deal, indiana jones, done the digs (it) tired and weak, maybe the nimerigar little people are involved. Then page 133 the frog is on a quarter, never to be underestimated, the gold itself meticulously placed as the map of the secrete location, hint that it's on the map, blurred because it's not in NM. Back to death, dip your toe in it, maybe a reference to toe tag. He says lucky all the time, the frog totem, represents fertility, and 7's. Then 13, unlucky, you can always count on bad luck, The titanic sinks carrying the unsinkable molly brown, perhaps caused by the unlucky mummy. F wants to take it with him, to be more than an asterisk, then there's cryogenics like walt disney under the castle. Put in below the hob. A chest belongs in a castle, not a museum!!!
    So play canasta, there's rummy, rhymes with mummy? Whats the canasta hint?
    Last edited by khan; 06-28-2020, 06:47 PM.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by khan View Post
      So play canasta, there's rummy, rhymes with mummy? Whats the canasta hint?
      As far as I know the closest person to the treasure was a man, but there may have been a woman with him. The most common mistake that I see searchers make is that they underestimate the importance of the first clue. If you don’t have that one nailed down you might as well stay home and play Canasta.f

      What is the object of Canasta?

      The principal object of play is to form melds - combinations of three or more cards of the same rank - with or without the help of wild cards. (Sequences are not valid melds).

      What's a synonym of meld.

      Synonyms: go, conflate, amalgamate, mix in, blend, blend in, immingle, unify, compound, commix, intermix, flow, merge, combine, mix, commingle, flux, desegregate, aggregate, intermingle, unite, coalesce, mingle, integrate, ruffle, melt, liquify, fuse, immix, liquefy, shuffle.

      Forrest was telling you to stay home and blend words.

      In other words, he was saying to stay home and anagram.
      All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
      --Arthur Schopenhauer--

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by CanadaKid View Post
        The chest is found. The solution is not.
        So why are we giving all of this power to the finder.? This is our chase. Let's take it back and solve the poem before he can capitalize any further. He is already rich.

        Let work together and defend Forrests honor by proving this was as simple as he said it was. He obviously cannot tell us the answer or I'm sure he would. We should be able to agree on the solution if we heard it.

        Many of you have spoke about us working together so could we try that?

        So I offer a solid starting point. A very literal solution curated from definitions and common sense. No stretching of anything. All clues easily married together on a map. I am not the finder but I have gone BOTG and might just be the solver.

        I believe the chest was in Lory State Park in Fort Collins, Colorado. It was beside a Shadowy Figure you can clearly see on Google Earth.

        40°34'46"N 105°12'00"W

        I have posted my full solve on Insta and tried to make it easily understood. I would hope our community and all of our 1000's of hours of research could add many more clues to this already solid solve . So again let's work together. We got this.

        www.instagram.com/letsfinishthechase

        Let's share this and bring it home. I, like you all, just want this to end.
        So you have a random place and you want others to finish it for you ?
        why dont you ask the person that gave you that location idea ?

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Quest View Post

          So you have a random place and you want others to finish it for you ?
          why dont you ask the person that gave you that location idea ?
          Nope. It is a full solve with research. Obviously you didnt look at it at all. Just wanted to add my solution to the mix now that the game is over.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by CanadaKid View Post

            Nope. It is a full solve with research. Obviously you didnt look at it at all. Just wanted to add my solution to the mix now that the game is over.
            Oh, ok, so you want to compile a list of failed search locations in Hope's of getting a general consensus that one of them is the correct place that chest was hidden at. Good luck with that.

            Comment


            • #21
              CanadaKid I wish you well in your quest, but I'm afraid you won't be able to get any kind of collaboration from the community. There's just too much disagreement about every single aspect of this hunt.
              I find your solve totally plausible and hope you find it.

              Best,
              -Slashy

              Comment


              • #22
                Quest why are you being so confrontational with CanadaKid?

                Comment


                • #23
                  CanadaKid,
                  My computer skills are limited so I was not able to pull up your solve. What was your WWWH? From what I could see it appears that you are taking WWWH to be the second clue. I'm pretty sure Forrest told us that WWWH was the first clue.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by GoSlash27 View Post
                    Quest why are you being so confrontational with CanadaKid?
                    I can see you imagining that as their OP is a confrontational post.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by ORION View Post

                      Both yours and mine work for my location. The location.

                      Peace,

                      Orion
                      I'm about as impressed with the anagrams as with interpretations of the "predictions" of Nostradamus, which seemed about as wise as nostrilmucus.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        What we really need is for people to share the results of their botg experiences and maybe that can help rule out some of the solves.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Macahol View Post
                          What we really need is for people to share the results of their botg experiences and maybe that can help rule out some of the solves.
                          From my perspective, whoever went BOTG and didn't find the treasure had an incorrect solve. The correct solve should put the treasure right at your feet, no searching required. Or rather "the site formerly known as the treasure".

                          If that's the case, then I'm not sure what if anything can be gleaned from it.

                          Best,
                          -Slashy

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Anna Graham View Post

                            As far as I know the closest person to the treasure was a man, but there may have been a woman with him. The most common mistake that I see searchers make is that they underestimate the importance of the first clue. If you don’t have that one nailed down you might as well stay home and play Canasta.f

                            What is the object of Canasta?

                            The principal object of play is to form melds - combinations of three or more cards of the same rank - with or without the help of wild cards. (Sequences are not valid melds).

                            What's a synonym of meld.

                            Synonyms: go, conflate, amalgamate, mix in, blend, blend in, immingle, unify, compound, commix, intermix, flow, merge, combine, mix, commingle, flux, desegregate, aggregate, intermingle, unite, coalesce, mingle, integrate, ruffle, melt, liquify, fuse, immix, liquefy, shuffle.

                            Forrest was telling you to stay home and blend words.

                            In other words, he was saying to stay home and anagram.
                            Forrest made the reference regarding the first clue... meld,to blend..maybe warm waters halt is the blending of waters.
                            Canasta literally means the basket, or canister...maybe warm waters halt where they are "held"
                            Maybe nailed down was a hint towards him feeling like an architect writing to poem.
                            Or, canasta/rummy...he was hinting at Captain Kidd
                            That's the big problem solving the poem,it can be made to fit any location we want it to.
                            When doing anagrams,how do you decide which of the hundreds if not thousands of words created to use?
                            The letters CONFIRMATIONBIAS is able to produce over 1600 english words alone, the whole poem is probably in the millions


                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by rmx63 View Post

                              Forrest made the reference regarding the first clue... meld,to blend..maybe warm waters halt is the blending of waters.
                              Canasta literally means the basket, or canister...maybe warm waters halt where they are "held"
                              Maybe nailed down was a hint towards him feeling like an architect writing to poem.
                              Or, canasta/rummy...he was hinting at Captain Kidd
                              That's the big problem solving the poem,it can be made to fit any location we want it to.
                              When doing anagrams,how do you decide which of the hundreds if not thousands of words created to use?
                              The letters CONFIRMATIONBIAS is able to produce over 1600 english words alone, the whole poem is probably in the millions

                              You can read my solution in the Random Thoughts by Rolltide thread, The aberrations were hints to the wording, alexander hamilton, redford, for whom the bell tolls. I got three of the lines wrong and it delayed me by two years. But alot of the themes that he wrote about in TTOTC and the scrapbooks are in the 3 anagram solution. You're marrying the poem to the map, so you are looking for points on the map and the poem contains instructions to follow.
                              Last edited by Anna Graham; 06-29-2020, 12:35 AM.
                              All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
                              --Arthur Schopenhauer--

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by GoSlash27 View Post

                                From my perspective, whoever went BOTG and didn't find the treasure had an incorrect solve. The correct solve should put the treasure right at your feet, no searching required. Or rather "the site formerly known as the treasure".

                                If that's the case, then I'm not sure what if anything can be gleaned from it.

                                Best,
                                -Slashy
                                I don't agree.
                                IMO, the whole chase was designed for multiple BOTG. A single BOTG trip would barely put you at the 3rd clue and this is why the girl from India couldn't go past the 2nd clue.
                                Also, why do you think Forrest said - you won't know if your solution is correct until you find the chest?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X