Let's Take The Chase Back and Solve This Thing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's Take The Chase Back and Solve This Thing

The chest is found. The solution is not.
    So why are we giving all of this power to the finder.? This is our chase. Let's take it back and solve the poem before he can capitalize any further. He is already rich.

Let work together and defend Forrests honor by proving this was as simple as he said it was. He obviously cannot tell us the answer or I'm sure he would. We should be able to agree on the solution if we heard it.

Many of you have spoke about us working together so could we try that?

So I offer a solid starting point. A very literal solution curated from definitions and common sense. No stretching of anything. All clues easily married together on a map. I am not the finder but I have gone BOTG and might just be the solver.

I believe the chest was in Lory State Park in Fort Collins, Colorado. It was beside a Shadowy Figure you can clearly see on Google Earth.

40°34'46"N 105°12'00"W

I have posted my full solve on Insta and tried to make it easily understood. I would hope our community and all of our 1000's of hours of research could add many more clues to this already solid solve . So again let's work together. We got this.

www.instagram.com/letsfinishthechase

Let's share this and bring it home. I, like you all, just want this to end.

I think some of us have tried to solve this but the problem is that no one is paying any attention to anyone else's solve.

Comment

This post started really well. I think now would be a perfect time for smart searchers to get together and work out this dumb poem..! But to do that properly we need to abandon our preconceived ideas and the solves we really like because we believe in them. Or at the very least we need to openly critique each others solves and be prepared to accept it when others say they don't think we have the answer. (I don't think you have the answer, sorry!)

Lots of people think it's impossible to work together now. They might be right. But I think there may be ways to do this by grouping together the people who share the same general ideas about how the poem's solution was constructed.

So, maybe the groups would be:
      1. Mostly the poem, the clues used mostly poem text to describe places on a map.
      2. Pictures are the answer, a fair bit of google maps and satellite imagery are useful to the solution.
      3. Ciphers and codes, the words of the poem shouldn't be taken at face value, they need rearranging and say more than we think.
      4. We need anagrams, the letters can be usefully rearranged.
      5. The hints really matter, the stories in the books and scrapbooks hold key information that must be analysed closely.

Maybe there are more groups? I'd discount 2-5 based on my own prejudice, but I'd be keen to work with people in the #1 camp. But I'm willing to accept I might be wrong too! What if anagrams really are the answer? It would be great if the best anagram people shared all their knowledge and gained new insights, To me that would be a useful project, and a whole lot better than waiting for a solve that might never show up.

Comment

That's not really working together if your confirmation bias tells you the chest is in Lory State Park. You're just one more person to add to the list of I know where it is. How's this collaborating?
        Last edited by Goldilocks; 06-28-2020, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tootingjo View Post
          This post started really well. I think now would be a perfect time for smart searchers to get together and work out this dumb poem..! But to do that properly we need to abandon our preconceived ideas and the solves we really like because we believe in them. Or at the very least we need to openly critique each others solves and be prepared to accept it when others say they don't think we have the answer. (I don't think you have the answer, sorry!)

Lots of people think it's impossible to work together now. They might be right. But I think there may be ways to do this by grouping together the people who share the same general ideas about how the poem's solution was constructed.

So, maybe the groups would be:
          1. Mostly the poem, the clues used mostly poem text to describe places on a map.
          2. Pictures are the answer, a fair bit of google maps and satellite imagery are useful to the solution.
          3. Ciphers and codes, the words of the poem shouldn't be taken at face value, they need rearranging and say more than we think.
          4. We need anagrams, the letters can be usefully rearranged.
          5. The hints really matter, the stories in the books and scrapbooks hold key information that must be analysed closely.

Maybe there are more groups? I'd discount 2-5 based on my own prejudice, but I'd be keen to work with people in the #1 camp. But I'm willing to accept I might be wrong too! What if anagrams really are the answer? It would be great if the best anagram people shared all their knowledge and gained new insights, To me that would be a useful project, and a whole lot better than waiting for a solve that might never show up.
          If Group 1 could be dubbed "Poem first" where that means the solve can be wholly tied back to the poem and not depend on the book or other information; and the book has definite hints or confirmation to bolster the poem; and by specific places on a map, you mean points, not necessarily named, then that sounds like my group.

Comment

As I have gone alone in there and with my treasures bold - Oh in here lies tub, three ways to solve anagram add nine.
            I can keep my secret where and hint of riches new and old - Wheeler peak, find chest hidden sweet Cimarron Canyon
            So here me all and listen good your effort will be worth the cold (add ix) - Longitude thirty six, follow ash colored tree mallow beforehand
            If you are brave and in the wood I give you title to the gold - Latitude one o five eight, behold doorway intuit voyager.

The methodology, the starting location and the coordinates. The solution has been posted. Whether you choose to open your mind is up to you.
            All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
            --Arthur Schopenhauer--

Comment

Originally posted by Anna Graham View Post
              As I have gone alone in there and with my treasures bold - Oh in here lies tub, three ways to solve anagram add nine.
              I can keep my secret where and hint of riches new and old - Wheeler peak, find chest hidden sweet Cimarron Canyon
              So here me all and listen good your effort will be worth the cold (add ix) - Longitude thirty six, follow ash colored tree mallow beforehand
              If you are brave and in the wood I give you title to the gold - Latitude one o five eight, behold doorway intuit voyager.

The methodology, the starting location and the coordinates. The solution has been posted. Whether you choose to open your mind is up to you.
              A S I H A V E G O N E A L O N E I N T H E R E
              G O A L I S T O H A V E N I N E N E A R; H E E

Peace,

Orion

Comment

How do you know your solve is correct? How about I play the referee since I have nothing worth anything for anyone. I'll be neutral and tell you all how wrong you are lol. I'll be Devil's advocate. Every good team needs one.

Comment

Originally posted by ORION View Post
                  A S I H A V E G O N E A L O N E I N T H E R E
                  G O A L I S T O H A V E N I N E N E A R; H E E

Peace,

Orion

Hee? The correct anagram is "Area he have to go nine lines."
                  All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
                  --Arthur Schopenhauer--

Comment

Originally posted by Goldilocks View Post

How do you know your solve is correct? How about I play the referee since I have nothing worth anything for anyone. I'll be neutral and tell you all how wrong you are lol. I'll be Devil's advocate. Every good team needs one.
                    All you need is the poem. It is 4 poems in one, and it gives instructions that will take you to a 12 inch by 12 inch spot. You can read it at the Random Thoughts thread by Rolltide.
                    --Arthur Schopenhauer--

Comment

Hee? The correct anagram is "Area he have to go nine lines."
                      Hee...as in Hee Hee...Forrest chuckling. 9 clues nearby is pretty funny given the large expanse of area in which to search.
                      A N D W I T H M Y T R E A S U R E S B O L D
                      T R U S T M Y W O R D S, B L I N E A H E A D
                      I C A N K E E P M Y S E C R E T W H E R E
                      P I, W E E C R E E K, N E A R M Y C H E S T
                      A N D H I N T O F R I C H E S N E W A N D O L D
                      T O F I N D, S E A R C H O N H I D D E N L A W N

Comment

Hee...as in Hee Hee...Forrest chuckling. 9 clues nearby is pretty funny given the large expanse of area in which to search.
                        A N D W I T H M Y T R E A S U R E S B O L D
                        T R U S T M Y W O R D S, B L I N E A H E A D
                        I C A N K E E P M Y S E C R E T W H E R E
                        P I, W E E C R E E K, N E A R M Y C H E S T
                        A N D H I N T O F R I C H E S N E W A N D O L D
                        T O F I N D, S E A R C H O N H I D D E N L A W N
                        The correct anagrams are actually in english, we can do this for the entire poem, I've read your thread, and you weren't the lead searcher.

And with my treasures bold - Odd muses, water labyrinth
                        I can keep my secret where - My scenic tree peak, where
                        And hint of riches new and old - Hindrance to fish laden down
                        --Arthur Schopenhauer--

Comment

The correct anagrams are actually in english, we can do this for the entire poem, I've read your thread, and you weren't the lead searcher.

And with my treasures bold - Odd muses, water labyrinth
                          I can keep my secret where - My scenic tree peak, where
                          And hint of riches new and old - Hindrance to fish laden down
                          Both yours and mine work for my location. The location.

Peace,

Orion

Comment

Both yours and mine work for my location. The location.

Peace,

Orion
                            Yes but do these work for your location

--Arthur Schopenhauer--

Comment

Yes but do these work for your location

Yes
                              No
                              No
                              No

The last three do not work for the location.

Comment

Working...
                              X