Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What were your 9 clues and how did you interpret them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CanadaKid View Post
    All 9 clues were literal and by definition. Simple. Full solve with BOTG pics of possible exact location. Please check it out Slashy.

www.instagram.com/letsfinishthechase
    I checked it out. Thanks for sharing.

Best,
    -Slashy

Comment

Originally posted by GoSlash27 View Post
      As a companion thread to the community location map, please briefly share what you thought were the 9 clues and what you interpreted them to mean.
      I think this is the best thread of all.

If you can't briefly share what you thought were the 9 clues and what you interpreted them to mean, I don't think many people are going to look at your solve. I don't want to watch an hour long Youtube video or wade through a 10 page document in order to pull out vague references to the nine clues. I've tried to look at other people's solves, but there are so many out there that it's almost impossible.

If I find someone's 9 clues to be interesting, then I might look at their solve in more detail.

Comment

Thanks, RG. Very kind of you.

Best,
        -Slashy

Comment

I appreciate that everyone is emotionally tied to their solve, including me. It is interesting how people came to develop their own solutions.

If one really is seeking the truth and the final solution though, it has to include the blaze or a point on the Hondo nearby where you think it is. You must understand, that I swear under punishment by law, I truthfully did trick Forrest into admitting my daughter and I had found his blaze in the Arroyo Hondo canyon. Forrest or Mr. Preston could confirm that if they choose.

Therefore, I believe
          1. WWWH= Wild rivers national monument
          2. Rio Grande canyon (not sure if he counted this part of #1)
          3. John Dunn Bridge and foundation of the hotel
          4. Blaze

Each of the above requires you to move ever closer to the spot. The little girl from India couldn't get any farther than John Dunn because Forrest thought you would need to physically need to find the blaze to confirm you were on the right path.
          Here is the blaze on the day we found it

Click image for larger version

Name:	Blaze IMO (1).jpg
Views:	216
Size:	989.4 KB
ID:	173984 It is his old campfire ring where he used to camp in the winter.....
          1f
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Sherif Billy View Post
            1. WWWH= Wild rivers national monument
            2. Rio Grande canyon (not sure if he counted this part of #1)
            3. John Dunn Bridge and foundation of the hotel
            4. Blaze
            Sherif Billy,

Did you have 9 specific clues from the poem? If so, what were they and what did you interpret them to mean?

Best,
            -Slashy

Comment

Sherif Billy,

Did you have 9 specific clues from the poem? If so, what were they and what did you interpret them to mean?

Best,
              -Slashy
              Slashy- Open and read "We will never forget" #1-#4 and those posts will show you how the poem leads to that point.
              I know opening each one is a pain in the ass but I needed to include a lot of pictures and that limits how much data each post can have. Thus I had to divide it into four parts.
              1f

Comment

Originally posted by Sherif Billy View Post

Slashy- Open and read "We will never forget" #1-#4 and those posts will show you how the poem leads to that point.
                I know opening each one is a pain in the ass but I needed to include a lot of pictures and that limits how much data each post can have. Thus I had to divide it into four parts.
                1f
                You can't just briefly summarize each clue and your interpretation of it, like I did in the first post? If not, that's okay.

Best,
                -Slashy

Comment

Forrest said that there are thousands of WWWH in the rocky mountains (See he is telling you good luck trying each one it will take an eternity) or start with the second clue, here I'll help you...."Stay home and play Canasta"
                  Cmdr Dunn's plane was Canasta 404
                  His wife started the POW/MIA movement
                  Dun means Brown
                  If this is all you read, then you are missing out on a great story. It's like glancing at a few pages of the cliff notes before the exam.
                  1f

Comment

Yessir, I read all that. What I didn't see was 9 specific clues from the poem or your interpretation of them.

I saw your WWWH,canyon, hoB, and your Blaze. What were the other 5?

Best,
                    -Slashy

Comment

Area he have to go nine lines
                      Odd muses, water labyrinth
                      My scenic tree peak, where
                      Hindrance to fish laden down

Anagrams whittle where it brew
                      One candidate tiny known hat
                      float, ok a fat brown trout.
                      Brown pine behemoth flow out.

Ten mile trek, she metaphor of force.
                      The snag here winding drive
                      Double null tree, cropper head key
                      Short jug handle, vast hideaway

One eyed wizened Anubis have to bluff
                      Ok down quirky colloquy, cues to tease
                      Why start tract big, unravel maze
                      Tads teeth jut, nose package niche

Might say how it sits out
                      Many felled oak reveal vest root
                      Arrow hat key, awl sines den
                      Know one diameter divide twain

One seldom heads along trail
                      Why thee follow tub corridor left
                      Find a wiry head on above route
                      It give you light, toe led to.

(Double line anagram)

Oh in here lies tub, three ways to solve anagram add nine.
                      Wheeler Peak, find chest hidden sweet Cimarron Canyon.

Know lege my artist with bow tie drawn, hint an entrance ahead.
                      Oh plot a line from bathtub to water known route off bow.

Redford knew the chief, gain permit reveals three tone ohm sign.
                      Up closed jeep road, gate borders anthill, why hurdle aunt have key.

Eye found unique quartz clovis, lookout below beady eyes face, known thesis.
                      Johnny best Tarzan, chest diameter cues watertight package vault.

Follow trail to heavy gate take to S turn, hey dismiss move
                      Instead tread water ski, hawk weed in view, door in name only

Soldier at doorway heart of ending clue for whom the bell tolls
                      Golden ratio, double five, thirteen two iota, heavy you dig.

(Double line adding (ix) to the first two lines of each stanza)

Alexander Hamilton on ten degrees, you've Hawaii's birth
                      Place head down nine from thirteen, yes sandwich creek.

Enter tree line taxi washing machine down to tiny awkward bath
                      Tub bow be arrow point, took hunter of fallen two fathom

Six weeks to right memoir, departed chief fleeing northern haven.
                      Joseph Heller's autobiography underhandedly elevated war, tuck

Untouched novel inside box buried at foot of oak, sly yawn, ewe quickly squeeze
                      Catsup tree trunk, had tiny teeth sizeable jaw, Van Gogh scream tact

Vietnam twelve sixty eight, frames outlook holiday roasts
                      Needed to know withdrawn, aerial remote inside via Skywan

Longitude thirty six, follow ash colored tree mallow beforehand
                      Latitude one o five eight, behold doorway intuit voyager.

I dont think I can explain the clues without giving a point of reference, the 3 anagram solution:

1. Hint of riches new and old - Hindrance to fish laden down - Eagles Nest Dam

Confirmation Montana Golden Fish, "One of my most humbling dreads, and one that’s most idiosyncratic of my personality, is to be ignored by a beautiful fish. I didn’t catch any … not even one to throw at a griz if I met him on the down trail."

2. Begin it where warm waters halt - Anagrams whittle where it brew

Confirmation Well Here's Moses vignette "Moses now stands in my home on the second step that leads into my den, and his expression continues to telegraph a timeless message."

3. - And take it in the canyon down, not far but too far too walk. One candidate tiny known hat float, ok a fat brown trout.

Confirmation Scrapbook 126 Personality Galore, A dead tree and 2 tree stumps, located at 36 32 54 N, 105 7 59 W, are tied together with barbed wire, the barbed wire appears to be floating. It is hidden by brush about 115 feet from the closed jeep road that runs through the Colin Neblett Wildlife area. This is a physical clue that requires BOTG. The little girl in india cant get closer than the first two clues, because the third clue required a physical presence to identify it. That's why he said "There are several people that have deciphered the first two clues. I dont think they knew it, because they walked right on past the treasure chest." They walked right past the floating hat.

4. Not far but too far too walk. Float, ok a fat brown trout.

Forrest doesn't identify clue #4 in the scrapbooks, at least I couldnt find a reference to the #4. I think because the line is between 3 and 5, he didnt feel the need to identify it. I believe clue 4 is Gravel Pit Lake. The trail head to Maverick Creek or "Put in" is four tenths of a mile down the road from Gravel Pit Lake. I think that scrapbook 124 "Lost My Spot," It has a picture of JBB holding a rainbow trout standing in the river beside a gravel shoreline.

5. Put in below the home of brown - Brown Pine behemoth flow out

Clue 5 is identified in scrapbook 117, "ancient leftovers" There are many references to the #5. I believe clue #5 refers to Touch Me Not Mountain, it is the source of Maverick Creek. He talks about carbon 14 dating (1+4), and he sets a deadline of January 5th 2015 to send him a request for a piece of mammoth tooth. But what really drew me to this scrapbook was the very last line, If one should grasp a chunk of an ancient mammoth in one’s hand and close one’s eyes, who knows what thoughts might flow into one’s fertile mind?

6. There'll be no paddle up your creek - Double null tree, cropper head key. The cropper head key is a rock located in the meadow besides the closed jeep road. It is the only large rock in the meadow, and it appears out of place, Located at 36 32 59 N, 105 8 4.23 W. He also makes reference to it in the line "So why is it that I must go - Might say how it sits out. To come a cropper, means to have an unexpected and embarrassing failure. This rock has fallen from above. There are many boulders like it up the the closed jeep road and along the cliff that overlook the valley below. It is also Olga's bathtub. It is about 3 or 4 feet tall and 3 feet wide and 4 foot long. And on one side it has what appears to be a face.

He makes reference to clue #6 in "I never go shopping. "As I approached the check out counter, a shapely twentyish-looking woman raced past me. Her pushcart was loaded with six-packs of Corona beer. She wore tight shorts and slosh sandals, but it was her large hair – garish red and full of curlers – that struck me. The curlers were mostly white but a few were brown, and her piercings and tattoos introduced me to a world I had rarely seen before. I told myself I had to get out more." She has brown and white curlers in her hair, or a cropper head. She has six packs in her cart. Forrest has a shopping list of 5 items for the big game: pepperoni, bologna, Tabasco, salami and horseradish. But when he gets home he eats a sixth item saltine crackers.

7. For a long time I couldn't figure out clue 7, and then last fall he wrote: Scrapbook 224, Three sevens and a vacuum cleaner, it anagrams to "clue seven can have damn treasure." And at first I didnt know what he meant, and then I realized, "I give you title to the gold," anagrams to "it give you light, toe led to." Across the meadow from the cropped head/Olga's bathtub is a small trail that runs between the two valley, there are pine trees on either side but the gap in the trees brings light into the meadow. "So hear me all and listen" - anagrams to "One seldom heads along trail"

8. Clue 8 was another clue that I had difficulty identifying, I had anagrammed scrapbook #179 The Heck with those guys - Yes eighth show tuck. Until I anagrammed the lines "There'll be no paddle up your creek just heavy loads and water high, and If you've been wise and found the blaze, look quickly down your quest to cease, correctly, I didnt know the meaning of the clue. Joseph Heller's autobiography underhandedly elevated war, tuck untouched novel inside box buried at foot of oak, sly yawn, ewe quickly squeeze

9. For a long time I didn't think there was a "clue 9," I thought adding (ix) to the poem was clue nine or connecting the dots created the figure nine (see image below). But then Forrest came out with the Featured Question on May 26th. "No Martha, it does not. You are overcooking the poem." which anagrams to: Ninth, camera points to oak tree, your move, hoe good.

Click image for larger version  Name:	number nine.png Views:	0 Size:	2.25 MB ID:	174014

Last edited by Anna Graham; 07-05-2020, 12:00 PM.
                      All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
                      --Arthur Schopenhauer--

Comment

Yessir, I read all that. What I didn't see was 9 specific clues from the poem or your interpretation of them.

I saw your WWWH,canyon, hoB, and your Blaze. What were the other 5?

Best,
                        -Slashy
                        You are correct. I haven't as of yet told but a few people the rest of the clues. I'm hesitant to explain the remaining clues because I don't believe the finder knows them. I will however tell you the spot is not tooszw far to walk from the home owned by Baby Bear LLC . The address of that property is 17 Lily lane, Twining, New Mexico in the Taos Ski Valley. The place is special to Forrest because it is a sacred place to the Indians where they have three or four pits where they were digging down at the base of a cliff to get to the unweathered and unoxidized bedrock of that special stone for making arrowheads. This was a summer camping area of the ancient Indians and they would sit on the side of the hill and knap at the stone slices making all the arrowheads that they would need for the winter. You can draw a line or vector over that area on google earth pro by clicking the measuring tool, Then put one end on the 50-yard line in arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City and stretch the line to the blaze. (or about midway in the Aroyo Hondo Canyon). That is one of several that crosses over that special site.

1f

Comment

Alright, thanks

-Slashy

Comment

Anna Graham

Do you have any pictures of your clue locations?

Comment

I'm going to try to look at the posts on this thread and make intelligent comments/criticism. I hope no one takes what I say personally. We are all so attached to our own solves that it's hard to be objective, but I'll try to do my best.
                              Slashy- I'm going to start with your 9 clues and then go through the others in the order they were posted. It will probably take me a while to get through all of them all.

Comment

Originally posted by crow View Post
                                Anna Graham

Do you have any pictures of your clue locations?
                                I'm having some problem with my computer at the moment, when I click on the photo, it says, "the data is invalid," as soon I figure it out the problem I will post some photos
                                All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
                                --Arthur Schopenhauer--

Comment

Working...
                                X