Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A spot with over 38 named links on a map...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wwwamericana View Post

Maybe we should be looking at the word "halter" instead if you want a marriage.
    What about a bridle

Comment

People want to connect the word 'halt' to a bridle or a horse... but ignore the 20+ connections by name to a map and a really special spot to FF.... where his bones will lie... and where a bell tower that was moved and whose bells were made by a company (Verdin) mentioned on HoD.... but sure, let's worry about the metaphors.

Comment

where IS oP when you need him?????

Comment

Originally posted by nkown View Post
          No metaphors, just a locked in spot.
          Curious if you found anything relating to "umbilical"? In my solve theory, listen good finds me "Fort" and "Worth" and evokes his mother and grandmother. That locked in a spot for me.

Comment

Well--

I'll have to admit it is amazing how many connections to the chase you made. I understand really how much research you put into this. A lot of it makes a lot of sense. My major concern is that I personally doubt that Forrest would leave it on Federal property. I think he is cognisant of the ways of the federal government and so you unlikely to even leave it hidden anywhere they might even think they had jurisdiction. Other than that, a lot of your solution makes good sense, has been thought through, and is well done.

1f

Comment

Originally posted by Old blue View Post

I think halt is the most important word to start with if the poem is to be married to a map
              If we're gonna talk about the 7% crowd, I think that only about 7% of searchers know what halt means.

Comment

Originally posted by Sherif Billy View Post
                Well--

I'll have to admit it is amazing how many connections to the chase you made. I understand really how much research you put into this. A lot of it makes a lot of sense. My major concern is that I personally doubt that Forrest would leave it on Federal property. I think he is cognisant of the ways of the federal government and so you unlikely to even leave it hidden anywhere they might even think they had jurisdiction. Other than that, a lot of your solution makes good sense, has been thought through, and is well done.

1f
                I agree with you about government land !! And that's what's interesting about the public area of the USAFA. Right at the cemetery there are several types of land from what I've seen... private, public, and BLM.

The other interesting thing is the military bases have their own set of rules regarding property removal. I'm definitely not a legal expert, but the fact that I could even find mention that the commandant of the base has broad power over such property tells me that setting up the removal 'rules' would be possible.

It also makes sense that he calls the whole thing 'indulgence'.

The history of the Carillon is very interesting. It was originally positioned at the chapel about a mile away, and it was never fashioned with bells... never completed. So no one knew what the hell the thing was and the cadets called it a 'roach clip' among other things.... it looked like giant tweezers devoid of any purpose. Then it was moved to its proper location and **wired** all the way back to the Chapel so it can be controlled remotely. The Verdin company -- mentioned in an interesting comment on HoD -- made the bells. A large portion of the funds to complete, move and install the monument were donated anonymously. The timing lines up with TTOTC perfectly.

It's possible that the USAFA knew this... and having been shot down twice, being a member of the Sabre Society, and also an aide de Camp to AF brass... he was indulged.

It also makes sense why he wouldn't want to disclose the final spot. Having learned about the USAFA and visited the property it is hallowed ground -- very quiet, beautiful, and appropriately reverent. The last thing FF would want are 20,000 searchers visiting the hidey spot -- which I believe was a bronze of some sort. I initially believed it would be sepulchered in the dedication to the carillon which is directly in the shadow line of the Polaris on the Fall Solstice.... but it was not, as far as I could tell.

I do believe the USAFA, with all of these directly named connections, plays a part in the solve as does the carillon -- his bell tower that no one pays heed to at his home a hundred years from now, just as the SB says.

If it was there I'll both be frustrated that I missed the spot, but happy that the connections I made were partially correct. And I do believe that the solution will be revealed....

Comment

And then to the poem....

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-09-03 at 1.07.24 PM.png
Views:	54
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	171549

Mr. Fenn mentions mirrors on the first page of TTOTC, on Sante Fe website, in several SB's including the curious one in his bathroom, another SB pointing to the Motel sign, in TFTW he says the mirror is his enemy.

And then he plays with phonetics and words: No place for biddies could be 'no place for b's and d's' -- a mirror. Bessie and Me could be B, C, and I (for me). Me in the Middle -- I was in the middle and that was important.

Can you see Milldew in the mirror of the poem above? Is it possible to encode information in poem by making b,d,p,q and M,W, E, 3 as interchangeable? How about a letter like 'a' being a d ? What if you turn over 'a log' literally to get 'gol d'.

Now simply mirroring the poem is not enough as anyone who has done so quickly finds out. You can see milldew, maybe as a confirmation, but you have to not only ride the backwards bicycle but you must also "Be Skippy".

In TTOTC FF tells us that there is a "Cody" (cod-e).... that his brother made a wonderful machine while being 'skippy' (skip-pi). That his address is 1413 Main Street (pi backwards). That during the pie (pi) caper you need to 'reverse polarity'. That there are three Teas with Olga.... 3 t's.

So I built a program to first skip by Pi (3,1,4,1 repeating) and did what the poem said -- start where warm waters halt. That could be the end of that idea or sentence. It could be at letter 32 (as in 32F), etc. So then just run them all.... skip by pi forwards and backwards and you get something like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-06-30 at 1.30.08 PM.png
Views:	45
Size:	136.5 KB
ID:	171550

That's starting in the 111 letter position and skipping by pi forward.... perhaps you can see Hand on Orb there (maybe the Hap Arnold statue?).... and "ring her"... and, well you can start to read the rest.

But our work is still not done... which is why this is so hard. Because now, the letters can be mirrored. And once you realize that they can be mirrored you start to get some sentences and coherence.

I did not find the treasure... but I'm betting this is the method.

Thoughts?

Comment

Working...
                  X