Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A spot with over 38 named links on a map...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A spot with over 38 named links on a map...

I've posted this up in some other threads... but haven't really had a full discussion of it. This is a relatively small part of what I have in notes. Mostly, though, this makes sense of a lot of FF's comments like:

• WWIII would destroy the treasure site
    • small college in colorado should give him an honorary degree
    • Crean / Castor
    • lots of others....

See below and let me know what you think. It is entirely possible that this is one of several such locations and together they form a solve. I'm sharing this in the spirit of trying to get a complete solve that is unambiguously correct. No metaphors, just a locked in spot.

SB107 led me to a spot in this way:

• Mr. U Puceet –> Up u cee it –> Florence, CO waypoint… a ‘wright’ way to do it.
    • Head 192.1 from Florence and you hit waypoint Double Eagle, exactly.
    • But the pen points in the reciprocal direction 12.1 –> Hits USAFA.

Mr. Fenn is eligible to be buried at the USAFA — near his hero Olds — which is a rare honor. What’s at the USAFA on a map?

• Glenna Goodacre of several SB’s made the statue of General Hap Arnold, the founder of the USAFA. “a general solve.”
    • The statue is exactly 8.25 miles south of Sante Fe — trailhead. 66k links was posted by Forrwst Fenn –> w for e. North for South.
    • It is 300 miles east of Toledo… the gold mine, not Ohio.
    • Sam Snead and Jimmy Demeret played a golf match at the Eisenhower GC at the USAFA… the only such match televised from there. It is a short walk from the cemetery. Binoculars Guy may look a lot like the cemetery roads layout.
    • Gardiner’s Island is mentioned in TTOTC. Dr. Charles Gardiner’s sanitarium was funded by the Woodmen of America. Their logo is a dove, axe, and stump. The south gate of the USAFA is on Woodman Rd. The USAFA property is Gardiner’s island.
    • The non-integer SB’s plot to be the big dipper and the north star. The big dipper (ursa major — large bear just like the SB pic) is not a constellation it is an asterism *. It points at Polaris.
    • Polaris is the ‘north star’ of the USAFA as well and features in many mentions on property.
    • A Polaris tops the Carillon Bells at the USAFA cemetery. A gift of the class of 1967. It plays a song mentioned by Dal taken from the words of Binyon “For the Fallen” (google on this site)…and named We Will Remember Them. It is literally a bell tower at ff’s home ‘a hundred years from now’. Carillon was moved in 2002 and dedicated in 2012… those are nice dates for this puzzle. On the Fall solstice it lines up perfectly east / west with the sun exactly. The bells were made by the Verdin company… also mentioned on this site.
    • Esmerelda was a gypsy who was the girlfriend of the bell tower keep. Gypsy music.
    • Pinion Road at USAFA.
    • Parade Loop Road at USAFA
    • Falcon Stadium (football) and Falcon Trail (not a human trail) at USAFA.
    • Deadman’s Creek just north of the cemetery (no paddle up your creek you are DOA).
    • Doolittle Hall at USAFA. (Doolittle SB)
    • 411 Drive at USAFA (information please SB).
    • Stanley Canyon at USAFA (Stanley SB)
    • JBB Enterprises recorded JFK’s speech at USAFA (Joe Billy Bob SB, JBB for short)
    • Crean is a hard word to find (MW Questions) –> Crean largest carillon in US.
    • SB 172 — “my bell tower invites little more than a curious glance.” Re-read that last line.
    • Form 515a is the Discharge papers of the USAFA hospital (skippy discharged fireworks, 515 words)
    • “I learned enough that a small college in colorado should have given me an honorary PhD… but they didn’t.”
    • Barry Goldwater visitor center at USAFA. SB4.

I posit that the blaze is the bell tower. This can be found in the poem by mirroring the letters –> E, 3, M, W for example. 3 mirrors in his bathroom SB. No place for Biddies — no place for b’s d’s –> b, d, p, q. Also three t’s (tea with olga). Etc.

Then read phonetically.

Now… I never completely solved the poem obviously and I’m not the finder, sadly. But I haven’t seen any other ‘solve’ with half this many matches to a map that is also a special place for Mr. Fenn, that also will hold his bones nearby.

Quite an indulgence to be serenaded forever by this wonderful monument to our men and women of the USAF. Mr. Fenn constructed a wonderful puzzle… and with patience we will learn the answer. If the USAFA is not part of the solution, I’ll eat Mildew (which, btw, is also neatly mirrored in the poem).

Also -- I think the most important post EVER on Chasechat is this odd one by Cojfox which if read with an ear to Spanish (some letters can be read via the Spanish toy factory method) is COY fox.

https://www.chasechat.com/showthread.php?tid=1346

Now... that's really an odd post. But there are a few interesting things:

1) What on earth would Kansas basketball have to do with the USAFA? Well, a lot. Dean Smith primarily...

"He was a direct coaching descendent of basketball's father, James Naismith, playing and later coaching at Kansas for the inventor of the game's most famous student, Jayhawks coach Phog Allen." Here's a link from the USAF about him: https://goairforcefalcons.com/news/2015/...At_83.aspx

2) Now there's a phrase on here that's important --> The Carillon w/ the memorial room. Wait... that's not at Kansas that's at the USAFA cemetery ....!

3) The cornerstone is also at the USAFA.

This is the *only* search result you get with Carillon + FF. And this is a big 'clue for you all' IMO.

Comment

Very nice... but where was it actually buried ... or "hidden?" And how do you find that spot ?

Comment

Originally posted by nkown View Post
        Also -- I think the most important post EVER on Chasechat is this odd one by Cojfox which if read with an ear to Spanish (some letters can be read via the Spanish toy factory method) is COY fox.

https://www.chasechat.com/showthread.php?tid=1346

Now... that's really an odd post. But there are a few interesting things:

1) What on earth would Kansas basketball have to do with the USAFA? Well, a lot. Dean Smith primarily...

"He was a direct coaching descendent of basketball's father, James Naismith, playing and later coaching at Kansas for the inventor of the game's most famous student, Jayhawks coach Phog Allen." Here's a link from the USAF about him: https://goairforcefalcons.com/news/2015/...At_83.aspx

2) Now there's a phrase on here that's important --> The Carillon w/ the memorial room. Wait... that's not at Kansas that's at the USAFA cemetery ....!

3) The cornerstone is also at the USAFA.

This is the *only* search result you get with Carillon + FF. And this is a big 'clue for you all' IMO.
        I'm liking this - wonder why?
        Just rockin along......

PS - got some ole letters of Phog's and they are interesting to say the least.
        Oh and did ya know his real name was Forrest Clare Allen.
        Last edited by wwwamericana; 06-27-2020, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wwwamericana View Post

I'm liking this - wonder why?
          Just rockin along......
          PS - got some ole letters of Phog's and they are interesting to say the least.
          Well.... let's hear it. What's in the Phog letters....?

And how do you find the spot at the USAFA? That's what the poem is for.... the SB's point you to the area, the poem to the spot. Obviously, I never solved the exact instructions or else I would have the chest.

The solves I read on most sites rely on a metaphorical or very literal interpretation of the poem -- and convoluted drawings on maps, stretches of logic, etc.

What I laid out above is:

FF mentions Doolittle in a SB --> Doolittle Hall is at USAFA
          FF mentions a bell tower and bells --> here is a bell tower moved to the USAFA cemetery capped by a Polaris that plays a song Dal mentions
          FF mentions Gardiner's Island --> The USAFA was the site of Gardiner's sanitarium with a woodman logo with a dove / axe / stump
          FF mentions Pinyon, My hit Parade on repeat, Information Please --> USAFA has roads: Parade Loop, Pinion, 411
          FF mentions you'll find it where his bones lie --> he will be buried next to all of these places
          FF mentions WWIII will wipe out the treasure site --> USAFA is a prime target in a major war

The cemetery is bordered by Deadman's Creek, Parade Loop Road, and Falcon Trail.

You get the idea. This is not one or two things that line up -- it's 38 and counting. All in one spot with a lot of bronzes and special meaning to him. That's a college in Colorado that should have given him an honorary PhD -- but they didn't. :-)

Wagers anyone?

Comment

So you're ignoring the poem entirely in favor of scrapbooks ?

Comment

If you ignore the poem how do you find wwwhalt

Comment

Originally posted by Old blue View Post
                If you ignore the poem how do you find wwwhalt
                I think halt is the most important word to start with if the poem is to be married to a map

Comment

Well.... let's hear it. What's in the Phog letters....?

Nothing regarding Fenn's Thrill of the Chase.

Comment

Originally posted by Old blue View Post

I think halt is the most important word to start with if the poem is to be married to a map
                    Maybe we should be looking at the word "halter" instead if you want a marriage.

Comment

In my solve halt equals tie

Comment

Sorry... when did he say WWIII would destroy the treasure site? I never heard that comment before.

Comment

Originally posted by GoSlash27 View Post
                          Sorry... when did he say WWIII would destroy the treasure site? I never heard that comment before.
                          http://mysteriouswritings.com/featur...ure-hunt-3018/

Forrest said: Dear Mr. Fenn,
                          If the treasure goes undiscovered for another 1000 years, do you feel the person that discovers it in 3018 would have followed the poem precisely to do so, or might they have happened upon it? ~Cricket
                          That question is too hypothetical for me to answer accurately, especially since the next few world wars might destroy the treasure site. f

taken together the info I listed above points to the USAFA unequivocally... maybe not as the treasure site, but definitely as a point of interest in the solve at a minimum. Then you add in quotes like that one -- and his involvement in the Sabre Society -- and he's reenforced the connection to the area.

In all I found 38 direct mentions by name to spots within the area (Doolittle, Glenna, Goldwater, Sneed, Falcon, etc), plus many anecdotal confirms like the one above. I'm pretty amazed that people dig through some random geyser or stream that is 'warm' and forget that this is a puzzle....

Then when you start digging through the poem you can find references, though of course I never solved it completely.

Comment

Oh... also I'll leave this here regarding Phog Allen.... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phog_Allen his name is actually: Forrest Clare Allen. There's a lot more in that post.

And yes, you then use the poem to find the exact spot...

But why does everyone assume the WWWH is a spot on earth? Maybe WWWH is where you begin 'it' within the poem? Just a possibility.

Comment

Okay, thanks for the quote and clarification. "WWIII would destroy the treasure site" would've conflicted with my solve. "The next few world wars might destroy the treasure site" doesn't.

Best,
                              -Slashy

Comment

Working...
                              X