• Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version

Name:	A181CC0B-4519-4383-B8A6-050965D728A2.jpeg
Views:	171
Size:	7.3 KB
ID:	170048
    tracking network traffic from 2019 is a non starter
    assuming somebody hacked you for purposes of accessing your some data is crazy talk

Comment

Originally posted by Tornado View Post
      It's a high stakes and touchy subject. One could be in danger if it's not done in a diplomatic way. There is no need for dropping any bombs at the moment. Staying under the radar: then prove, track, and negotiate is my planned course of action. While setting up safety nets along the way so there are no "accidents"...
      Then your creation of this thread, and all of your comments, are extremely foolish. Pardon my judgement on that. I cannot think of a nicer way to say it.
      Disappearing into the ether is your best bet. I look forward to not seeing you give your 'enemies' your extended playbook on what you know. Because that would be really stupid.

Comment

Yeah... I woulda put it a bit more 'diplomatically' than "greetings from Crazyville"...

Dude, I seriously hope you don't wind up attacking some innocent person over this, especially over a solve that almost certainly was incorrect anyway. You might want to find some trusted friends to talk this over with before doing anything rash...

Good luck and take care,
        -Slashy

Comment

Originally posted by Tess Oreo View Post

Then your creation of this thread, and all of your comments, are extremely foolish. Pardon my judgement on that. I cannot think of a nicer way to say it.
          Disappearing into the ether is your best bet. I look forward to not seeing you give your 'enemies' your extended playbook on what you know. Because that would be really stupid.
          Tess- I never called anybody my enemy. What's wrong with diplomatically investing and partnering with someone that potentially skimmed information that led them to the treasure? Shouldn't both involved get to split any profits made? Just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by GoSlash27 View Post
            Yeah... I woulda put it a bit more 'diplomatically' than "greetings from Crazyville"...

Dude, I seriously hope you don't wind up attacking some innocent person over this, especially over a solve that almost certainly was incorrect anyway. You might want to find some trusted friends to talk this over with before doing anything rash...

Good luck and take care,
            -Slashy
            Nobody is attacking or falsely accusing anybody here. If something was stolen from me, I'd like to work it out. That's all.

Comment

I sent Forrest an email once, and computer weirdness ensued.. I went to details at the bottom of my gmail account and there was a Wyoming location and IP address showing in details... I logged out all sessions and changed my passwords. I've posted my solve numerous times online and honestly never really cared if some gained from it, I'm far from the location and limited in my ability to access my solve site so.... My opinion is Finder guy figured out his solution based on others info and maybe one little twist that he applied that maybe no one else considered or picked up on something some one mentioned in passing that meant little to the mention-er but was actually crucial... and poof dude had the answers and swooped in per common sense. None of us were entitled and any anger on our parts is poor sportsman ship whether solver figured it out or stood on the shoulders of ten years worth of community forums fact is this.. many tried and failed and he pulled the trigger on it and won.

with the hundreds of thousands of people in the chase, all the forums and post combined with the what will soon be recognized half million clues Forrest threw out there via interviews and scrapbooks, Forrest gets mail etc... Hacking? from a logistical / technical standpoint? Nah... not so much. plus you not only have to get the information you also have to apply the information as well as pull the trigger and go get it.

Hacking other computers to gain access to solutions with as many opinions as there are and different locations and opinions? stealing peoples solves would be like trying to take a drink of water from a firehose.. which hidden message, graph, secret map, anagram list, thousands of WWWH? really.. and all the effort it would take and the miles and miles of results? what a logistical nightmare and headache.

I based my solution on something I saw a searcher named Hush Whisper point out, and then found something in his resulting diagrams that matched a location. YNP was my region based on the book TTOTC and I went with tower junction and the end of 212 being WWWH. that opinion changed and evolved over time and my WWWH became something else but it lead to the same HOB and again given the number of solutions? my solve was formed in 2018 and definitely stood on the shoulders of other searchers.. so what?

the whole TOR and hacking anything? Tor uses relays, your bouncing through other systems and servers to hide your ass.. lol try doing anything fast via TOR? it's so slow.. VPN's are better but the best? Wep used to be easy to break into, you could gain access to a wireless network router in less than five minutes were WPA took days, and now takes minutes to hours given the advanced speed of processors and the ability to use CUDA drivers and graphics cards to speed things up (no one uses WEP any more it was a joke) you can now crack and walk into someones WPA encrypted (there's the pin method as well) wireless network with ease.. if you set up a can or re-purpose an old Direct TV satellite dish you can extend your range and get out far and away from your homebase when choosing a target making it harder to trace back to you... and poof your in.. no need for slow AF TOR. access some one elses network and your on your way to achieving choice in mayhem and accessing your target anonymously. <~~~ pretty important if you want to stay out of the clinka.

BUT then there are still hardware issues and traceability via mac-adress and Host name etc.. footprint and resulting hashes yada yada yada.. luckily you can write bash scripts to change your network cards address randomly on boot and same for host name.. you can keep files to a minimum and change up your system to avoid foot printing etc.. set your firewall up so everything runs in stealth mode neither accepting or denying request and become a ghost.. check out KALI Linux a pre-packaged Linux distro with a huge user base and lots of tutorials. what a hacker wants is ease of network access, the speed to git er done and as little chance of getting caught as possible. I don't hear much mention of that in reference to hacking. what I hear is a lot of being f%&ed with and maybe fished but given the logistics of actually accessing your system for god knows what ridiculous solve you may have? vs the other million and one/half other ridiculous solves? vs the number of people who told on them selves by getting pissed off when I would publish something that they thought was important to there solve? I doubt anyone hacked anybody.. you have no idea the amount of effort it takes to access a GMAIL account via brute force attacks even with google dorks or using SQL injections or exploiting PHP code.. first you have to find an exploit, and that requires a level of expertise that would be stupid to waste on the chase when you could sell that alone on the black hat market for more than the chest is worth or.. some one got lucky and a lete hacker published a zero day exploit to arm the community and a random fennarion / fennonite picked it up and knew how to use it... for what some clowns losing solve that he would then have to place next to the 10k other loser solves and sort through fand then have to assemble into a winner? lol I CALL BULLSHIT.. why not just take that talent.. and believe you me some one capable of what your requiring them to be able to do would know there worth and go after data dumps that would net them millions via personal information and credit card numbers etc.. you guys aren't that important. hacking you all for your stupid shit would be a huge waste of time..

granted with all of the file transfers that go on and flame and stuxnet being in the wild for so long and made readily available to the hacking comunity because DUH what better way to spread it,, even if there is one in the wild that some one could adapt to achieving said use.. still why? for encyclopedia brittanicas hundred volumes worth of useless and stupid bullshit that would then have to be sorted through? no thanks.. just not practical please if your smoking meth now is the time to quite.

What would be the one and only worthy target would have been Forrest himself.. and I don't think he would have put his solution on his computer because... well he's kinda old school so.

other more likely scenarios?
              1. your solve was inccorect
              2. your solve was inccorect
              3. some one had a similar solve but had the piece you missed and got to it before you
              4. cry babys are mad that there wrong and lost and now want to blame others instead of be good sports and be happy for finder
              5. your solve was inccorect
              6. it was a hoax
              7. Forrest called it off because of all the bat shit crazy bullshit surrounding the chase, the danger to his family, the corona virus all of the deaths from people to stoopid to take his hint that its not in a dangerous place.
              8. your solve is incorrect
              9. purple, pancakes, merica and... joe dirt found it and so what yay Joe Dirt.
              as all i see is stupid when i read post and given the fact that I CAN NOT BE NICE ANYMORE, I'm out last post deleting my account and I'm going to email Forrest and suggest that given the fact that the overwhelming majority of the chase community has turned into such a degenerate mass of selfish and mean self serving pricks.. that he tell no one ever except for myself and Dal (and KPRO and COWLAZORS) ever what the solution was ever and all you guys get is the location to some remote coalmine some place so you can exchange coal with each other come Christmas time.. I'm out this whole thing is STOOPID now.

BUH BYE...

want to know what hacking actually entails? start here ~~~~> https://www.kali.org/
              Last edited by 1keyword; 06-26-2020, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1keyword View Post
                I sent Forrest an email once, and computer weirdness ensued.. I went to details at the bottom of my gmail account and there was a Wyoming location and IP address showing in details... I logged out all sessions and changed my passwords. I've posted my solve numerous times online and honestly never really cared if some gained from it, I'm far from the location and limited in my ability to access my solve site so.... My opinion is Finder guy figured out his solution based on others info and maybe one little twist that he applied that maybe no one else considered or picked up on something some one mentioned in passing that meant little to the mention-er but was actually crucial... and poof dude had the answers and swooped in per common sense. None of us were entitled and any anger on our parts is poor sportsman ship whether solver figured it out or stood on the shoulders of ten years worth of community forums fact is this.. many tried and failed and he pulled the trigger on it and won.

with the hundreds of thousands of people in the chase, all the forums and post combined with the what will soon be recognized half million clues Forrest threw out there via interviews and scrapbooks, Forrest gets mail etc... Hacking? from a logistical / technical standpoint? Nah... not so much. plus you not only have to get the information you also have to apply the information as well as pull the trigger and go get it.

Hacking other computers to gain access to solutions with as many opinions as there are and different locations and opinions? stealing peoples solves would be like trying to take a drink of water from a firehose.. which hidden message, graph, secret map, anagram list, thousands of WWWH? really.. and all the effort it would take and the miles and miles of results? what a logistical nightmare and headache.

I based my solution on something I saw a searcher named Hush Whisper point out, and then found something in his resulting diagrams that matched a location. YNP was my region based on the book TTOTC and I went with tower junction and the end of 212 being WWWH. that opinion changed and evolved over time and my WWWH became something else but it lead to the same HOB and again given the number of solutions? my solve was formed in 2018 and definitely stood on the shoulders of other searchers.. so what?

the whole TOR and hacking anything? Tor uses relays, your bouncing through other systems and servers to hide your ass.. lol try doing anything fast via TOR? it's so slow.. VPN's are better but the best? Wep used to be easy to break into, you could gain access to a wireless network router in less than five minutes were WPA took days, and now takes minutes to hours given the advanced speed of processors and the ability to use CUDA drivers and graphics cards to speed things up (no one uses WEP any more it was a joke) you can now crack and walk into someones WPA encrypted (there's the pin method as well) wireless network with ease.. if you set up a can or re-purpose an old Direct TV satellite dish you can extend your range and get out far and away from your homebase when choosing a target making it harder to trace back to you... and poof your in.. no need for slow AF TOR. access some one elses network and your on your way to achieving choice in mayhem and accessing your target anonymously. <~~~ pretty important if you want to stay out of the clinka.

BUT then there are still hardware issues and traceability via mac-adress and Host name etc.. footprint and resulting hashes yada yada yada.. luckily you can write bash scripts to change your network cards address randomly on boot and same for host name.. you can keep files to a minimum and change up your system to avoid foot printing etc.. set your firewall up so everything runs in stealth mode neither accepting or denying request and become a ghost.. check out KALI Linux a pre-packaged Linux distro with a huge user base and lots of tutorials. what a hacker wants is ease of network access, the speed to git er done and as little chance of getting caught as possible. I don't hear much mention of that in reference to hacking. what I hear is a lot of being f%&ed with and maybe fished but given the logistics of actually accessing your system for god knows what ridiculous solve you may have? vs the other million and one/half other ridiculous solves? vs the number of people who told on them selves by getting pissed off when I would publish something that they thought was important to there solve? I doubt anyone hacked anybody.. you have no idea the amount of effort it takes to access a GMAIL account via brute force attacks even with google dorks or using SQL injections or exploiting PHP code.. first you have to find an exploit, and that requires a level of expertise that would be stupid to waste on the chase when you could sell that alone on the black hat market for more than the chest is worth or.. some one got lucky and a lete hacker published a zero day exploit to arm the community and a random fennarion / fennonite picked it up and knew how to use it... for what some clowns losing solve that he would then have to place next to the 10k other loser solves and sort through fand then have to assemble into a winner? lol I CALL BULLSHIT.. why not just take that talent.. and believe you me some one capable of what your requiring them to be able to do would know there worth and go after data dumps that would net them millions via personal information and credit card numbers etc.. you guys aren't that important. hacking you all for your stupid shit would be a huge waste of time..

granted with all of the file transfers that go on and flame and stuxnet being in the wild for so long and made readily available to the hacking comunity because DUH what better way to spread it,, even if there is one in the wild that some one could adapt to achieving said use.. still why? for encyclopedia brittanicas hundred volumes worth of useless and stupid bullshit that would then have to be sorted through? no thanks.. just not practical please if your smoking meth now is the time to quite.

What would be the one and only worthy target would have been Forrest himself.. and I don't think he would have put his solution on his computer because... well he's kinda old school so.

other more likely scenarios?
                1. your solve was inccorect
                2. your solve was inccorect
                3. some one had a similar solve but had the piece you missed and got to it before you
                4. cry babys are mad that there wrong and lost and now want to blame others instead of be good sports and be happy for finder
                5. your solve was inccorect
                6. it was a hoax
                7. Forrest called it off because of all the bat shit crazy bullshit surrounding the chase, the danger to his family, the corona virus all of the deaths from people to stoopid to take his hint that its not in a dangerous place.
                8. your solve is incorrect
                9. purple, pancakes, merica and... joe dirt found it and so what yay Joe Dirt.
                as all i see is stupid when i read post and given the fact that I CAN NOT BE NICE ANYMORE, I'm out last post deleting my account and I'm going to email Forrest and suggest that given the fact that the overwhelming majority of the chase community has turned into such a degenerate mass of selfish and mean self serving pricks.. that he tell no one ever except for myself and Dal (and KPRO and COWLAZORS) ever what the solution was ever and all you guys get is the location to some remote coalmine some place so you can exchange coal with each other come Christmas time.. I'm out this whole thing is STOOPID now.

BUH BYE...
                Aw, don't go 1keyword ! We're not all like that and you're fun
                -Slashy

Comment

So you want to reverse engineer the hack ? Not the solve ?

Comment

Originally posted by JakeBrakes View Post
                    So you want to reverse engineer the hack ? Not the solve ?
                    I had the solve reverse engineered to the final moments... was diverted with threats making it difficult to do a BOTG this Warm season, and realized someone hacked me and got some KEY information to finishing the solve.

Comment

Working...
                    X