Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It was accidentally found and ransomed, right??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It was accidentally found and ransomed, right??

No, really. Something got to Forrest. He didn't congratulate the person...
    The jar was probably opened, pieces sold off. He luckily got to buy it. (I'm highly delusional at this point) but then he puts the chest back in play for the lead solve as a final, great gesture. "Look how that man righted the problem and even paid double."

Originally posted by 5-leaf Blaze View Post
    No, really. Something got to Forrest. He didn't congratulate the person...
    The jar was probably opened, pieces sold off. He luckily got to buy it. (I'm highly delusional at this point) but then he puts the chest back in play for the lead solve as a final, great gesture. "Look how that man righted the problem and even paid double."
    Forrest said the 9 clues in his poem led the finder to the precise spot. Once someone else knows, it cannot be used again.
    I don't think anyone would go for that. People have worried in the past about Forrest telling others - like Doug or Shiloh.
    Now we know for sure it is known to some other person.
    That single point of control to the final secret is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Tess Oreo View Post

Forrest said the 9 clues in his poem led the finder to the precise spot. Once someone else knows, it cannot be used again.
      I don't think anyone would go for that. People have worried in the past about Forrest telling others - like Doug or Shiloh.
      Now we know for sure it is known to some other person.
      That single point of control to the final secret is gone.
      Wait! Yes, it should be looked at straight ahead like that, but we have no proof or know for sure anyone really knows the solve... not by the end of this day and over 10 years. None.

Comment

Exactly... imagine FF buying it back for 5M... rehide... and then the finder’s cousin from Back West finds it a second time shortly after...
        Way to burn money, hmmmm?
        „It‘s almost impossible to carry the torch of truth through a crowd without singeing somebody‘s beard.“
        G. C. Lichtenberg

Comment

Wait! Yes, it should be looked at straight ahead like that, but we have no proof or know for sure anyone really knows the solve... not by the end of this day and over 10 years. None.
          The chase wasn't about the chest, the chest was a means to an end.
          To be right for someone, you have to be willing to be wrong for someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboyrocker View Post
            Exactly... imagine FF buying it back for 5M... rehide... and then the finder’s cousin from Back West finds it a second time shortly after...
            Way to burn money, hmmmm?
            and THAT'S why it went with him & he knew that's just too crazy to explain...

Comment

Originally posted by RahRah View Post

The chase wasn't about the chest, the chest was a means to an end.
              It looks that way.

Comment

It looks that way.
                I've said it before, the chest was a lure....the find was to expose something.

Comment

Forrest Fenn, say the word & I'll release that solve. Wouldn't it be neat?

Comment

He's going to tell me I kicked the shit outta myself, right? lol. Hey, let me be delusional.

Comment

In my opinion: Forrest knows that the poem has been solved. He doesn't want COVID to spread to searchers this summer. So he (for all practical purposes) called off the hunt, and made an effort to
                      show evidence of a "find" of the goodies. But he plans to have the goodies re-hidden. With some luck, they will be where they should have been for years, so the solver can go retrieve them.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

In my opinion: Forrest knows that the poem has been solved. He doesn't want COVID to spread to searchers this summer. So he (for all practical purposes) called off the hunt, and made an effort to
                        show evidence of a "find" of the goodies. But he plans to have the goodies re-hidden. With some luck, they will be where they should have been for years, so the solver can go retrieve them.
                        Well that sounds like incredibly good news. I like to hope.

Comment

Originally posted by RahRah View Post

I've said it before, the chest was a lure....the find was to expose something.
                          To expose what? You can probably tell us your idea without saying too much about the location or the finder . . . all in my oPInion. Hee hee!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

To expose what? You can probably tell us your idea without saying too much about the location or the finder . . . all in my oPInion. Hee hee!
                            What it is, it's throughout the book and the poem....I honestly don't feel like I should say since it's Fenn's secret - what I'm fairly certain of is that this was not the ending he imagined for his treasure.

Comment

Forrest Fenn, say the word & I'll release that solve. Wouldn't it be neat?
                              Whoever publishes your solve first gets copyright and you won't have squat. That's why I published my solve ASAP after seeing the pictures. I wanted to make sure I was first to press before the finder could claim he solved the poem.

Comment

Working...
                              X