Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That email was last night?
    "THE TREASURE IS STILL WHERE I HID IT MORE THAN 10 YEARS AGO."
    HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE & WHY ISN'T THIS DISCUSSION ABOUT THE TREASURE STILL BEING OUT THERE?
    I will need answers to my 3 questions because I think this is also about staging.
    Last edited by 5-leaf Blaze; 06-23-2020, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Okay, nevermind, this is an older email and pertains to the website of Toby's theory. Got it.

Comment

Originally posted by whitefeather

You trying to sabotage the show?
        IS the TREASURE still OUT there or NOT?

Comment

Originally posted by whitefeather
          The poem won't lead you to it anymore. What does it matter?
          Well HOW TF do you know? JFC

Comment

It would be pretty easy for Forrest to fully and explicitly deny that site's story at some point. It wouldn't take much. If it is false story, there is no reason not too.

5-leaf, The email to Shaun is from a few months ago.

Comment

Originally posted by littlegirlfromindia View Post
              It would be pretty easy for Forrest to fully and explicitly deny that site's story at some point. It wouldn't take much. If it is false story, there is no reason not too.

5-leaf, The email to Shaun is from a few months ago.
              Thank you.

Comment

I have no opinion about this site or any of the theories flying around... but I do think the people who have more invested in this search (and especially those who've gotten closer to FF over the years) are having a hard time being objective and saying FF's behavior since his announcement has been just strange. His short, cryptic, responses make no sense from someone who's kept this secret for a decade. He could be talking about it in some way without betraying the finder or location. It would take nothing for him to put out an informative, coherent, unambiguous message to the community he's spent the last decade engaging with. Something's just off and I'm curious why some folks just aren't admitting that....

Comment

Originally posted by WindyCityRambler View Post
                  I have no opinion about this site or any of the theories flying around... but I do think the people who have more invested in this search (and especially those who've gotten closer to FF over the years) are having a hard time being objective and saying FF's behavior since his announcement has been just strange. His short, cryptic, responses make no sense from someone who's kept this secret for a decade. He could be talking about it in some way without betraying the finder or location. It would take nothing for him to put out an informative, coherent, unambiguous message to the community he's spent the last decade engaging with. Something's just off and I'm curious why some folks just aren't admitting that....
                  It's because they think something will still jingle out of his pockets; that Santa still has Christmas coming. I don't mean that to sound mean. Forrest still may have a high-integrity plan for people finding money. But hope does eventually hit an end.
                  Last edited by 5-leaf Blaze; 06-23-2020, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LurkerMike View Post

You explain my thoughts better than I ever could.

100% agree that everything you said could be true. But without more evidence, it remains in my "could be true" category which spans the gamut from "might be true" all the way to "probably is true."

I understand the skepticism, but I have seen enough skepticism that would convince me the website is a hoax. And I was among the first to bash that site, mock and ridicule it as being as dumb as all of the other jokers, pranksters, hoaxers, scammers, and people who have falsely claimed to have found the chest.

Yes, I am greatly influenced by Toby's call-in to the show to explain "Jim's Theory." It was Jim's Theory and NOT Toby's Theory, so presumably, Toby had no real bias one way or the other when he apparently investigated Jim's Theory. Remember that Toby has some kind of an analytical background in the military which I assume came with some training on how to analyze and interpret information. To whatever degree Toby might be accomplished or expert in investigative techniques, he is no dummy. Nor would he risk his reputation in the searcher community (over 6k subscribers), on something that wasn't at least possibly correct. It's the same kind of thing as you don't have to agree that WWWH is Trout Waters, but you can't prove it isn't. In other words, just because a theory is a good one, doesn't prove it is correct. Toby has proven to me that Jim's Theory is a good one, but even he will tell you that alone does not prove it is true.

They snared me on that website by saying they left something of value at the real correct spot. Saying that, true or not, makes me WANT to believe them! So I am biased by that, and admit it openly and more importantly, to myself.

If that is true, they left something of value at the correct special place, then they could not have told the Buyer exactly where that it or how they solved the poem. So the buyer don't know, and Fenn ain't saying.

If this were all a collaborative book or movie script, I would vote for this kind of muddy ending... I love it!
                    I agree, its all speculation, it would be nice to know one day but I don't think we will. I think the one thing Jim might be wrong about is who now knows the solve. He seemed to think it would come out through the website guys selling a book or similar, but I feel like the buyer paid them to be silent and to tell him the solve. I have a soft spot for the website guys (they promoted my hunt) but see the buyer as the bad guy twirling his moustache, showing his rich mates the treasure, and being smug that he knows the answer. He's my movie villain.

If the website guys left something worth up to $1k at the special place I think they'd be fine. Their baddy millionaire buyer wouldn't care about that, and it would still be inconclusive that it was the 'real' place. Imagine someone finding a ring in the woods in six months time, and pitching his solve at everyone swearing it's true... Would anyone actually listen!?

My kids spent a couple of hours today tracking down a picture of Whitstable castle the 'finder' used on their site. (Lockdown homeschooling not going well...) It was from a flickr account and the pic had only been viewed 200 times, it was cropped to show only the castle parapets and a tree. They're convinced it's a clue... I think I'd just like all the mystery to end.

Comment

Originally posted by tootingjo View Post
                      I think I'd just like all the mystery to end.
                      This is where we differ my friend, I never want the mystery to end.

Comment

Originally posted by LurkerMike View Post

This is where we differ my friend, I never want the mystery to end.
                        I'm still reading about all this, still thinking... Maybe I'd just like to be one of those people that can let the mystery end. I'm not.

Comment

I would like to know where that owl/warrior-with-shield rock/blaze is located. It looks just like a blaze described by a searcher in 2018.

Comment

Oh hell yall. F said it in a documented email tha this site was for ****, why the hell are you still chasing shadows?
                            ‚ÄúPositivity triumphs over negativity‚ÄĚ - famous quote by the famous Cowlazars 2018

Comment

Originally posted by kpro View Post
                              Oh hell yall. F said it in a documented email tha this site was for ****, why the hell are you still chasing shadows?
                              Get THIS: he said "under a canopy of stars," which is in the Dinosaur campground's opening line & everybody is still talking sub-alpine trees. None there! OF COURSE the photos were staged!

Comment

Originally posted by kpro View Post
                                Because no one has come up with a plausible way he could know it was there? He didn't say the site was for ****, what he said was that the treasure was where he left it. That's not the same thing at all. He's answering an email in good faith because he didn't think anyone would take the chest and not tell him right away.

But... If you can explain how he knew the treasure chest was in its location hen he answered that email in 1 hour, then I'll believe this site is for ****.

Comment

Working...
                                X