Blackbeard is the Finder - Message to the Community

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackbeard is the Finder - Message to the Community

I'm posting this as a searcher looking for answers. I found this tonight on Youtube. I'm posting to share with the community. I will go drown my sorrows now.

Transcript from Youtube. Divided between two photo still videos.

Video 1: https://youtu.be/HBu2DhlzpkA

Video 2: https://youtu.be/tBIQvLEFdFE

Blackbeard Youtube User:

Was talking with the significant other and she's right, without providing the proof then it's just another tall tale in the ff treasure hunt saga, but alas this is truly the end my friends. When I first saw the iron key all rusty and corroded like it was I was afraid that it just might crumble apart when I grabbed it, and it wasn't even really stuck to the gold coin below it. It did flake a little when I picked it up, as was to be expected, but was otherwise in fairly decent shape overall. I quick looked the key over, then set it down on the ziplock baggie and took the next picture that you've all seen, and I truly hope that this now satisfies you all that this was not a hoax, that the chase is definitely over, and, most importantly, that I did not leave anything whatsoever at the location for the next searcher to find. If Forrest does in fact decide not to release the solve to the poem clues and the final location of the chest and contents, then there is simply nothing that I can do about that as he owns the rights to everything pertaining to it. So once more I must bid you all farewell, and that is my absolute final word on the subject. Good luck, and goodbye!

After watching what has gone down within the search community overall over the past several weeks, and after much soul searching, I've decided to let Forrest reveal the clues to the solve of his treasure poem as it isn't fair for a wise man to just go and let it linger for all eternity unanswered like that. There was never really an agreement per se to keep it private, just my wish to avoid all the hassles that would inevitably go along with it. All the way from the first clue to the final clue, along with the location of the treasure chest and gold can now be revealed. It really must be so as to avoid any idea of this being a hoax, as well as to keep anymore unnecessary tragedies from occurring out in the harsh and unforgiving wilderness and wilds of the Rocky Mountains. Forrest has already repurchased the bronze chest and its contents, and what he does with it is completely up to him and is not any of my business, but it is my wish that he now reveal the solve to his puzzle. Thank you one and all who participated in this adventure with me, as both friend and foe, and a few of you know who you are, and remember everyone it's not who you are, it's who they think you are, and that's a hint. Just for the record, Forrest laying it on the ground and walking away isn't exactly correct, at least I don't see how that could have been possible, but perhaps that's how he interprets his own clues in that unique way that only he knows how, because that wasn't exactly how I found it, although generally, but I'll let him do the explaining on that one if he so pleases. I'm also not quite sure what the canopy of stars means either, but perhaps that is something special to Forrest and him alone. I was also not present at the law offices in Santa Fe when the photos now released were taken so please don't ask. I'm really not one to complain, I'm grateful to have solved it, if you can call it that, but this did not end the way I would have chosen if it were my treasure hunt, and which it wasn't, and I'm not in a position to question any of the reasons why either. I did not read Forrest's tiny autobiography sealed within the olive jar, although I had originally planned to with a glass of chilled wine by a warm juniper fire, but in the end that turned out to not be a part of the deal, and I'm mostly okay with that now. You see, I didn't really walk away with any of the big questions answered either, so we're all in the same boat on all of that. Before closing this out for good and getting on with life, this video is more of a nod to Forrest and his famous use of the double entendre, and which is a noun that means a word or phrase open to two interpretations, one of which is usually risqué or indecent. I do realize that probably only Forrest and myself will understand the meaning behind it, but there it is nonetheless for all to enjoy. With that said, I must now bow out and get on with life as it were. I have nothing more to add, and nothing more to say. Goodbye, and good luck to all! Happy Hunting!

AWESOME! Finder admits to having NO solve that he will release! Doesn't like the way he came about the win?
    Stresses that Forrest owns all the rights to the solve, but gives Forrest permission to release them ... yada yada uh... yup...
    *blows the secrecy of Forrest buying it back... okay

Comment

Love that first video, no denying that.... key on the coin.

except... Photoshop, I could do the same probably better, I notice the vibrance and contrast has been adjusted could be total bullshit, may have messed with the image to conceal the fact that it had been edited.

ya after looking at it and the end of the key over the gold coins... I'm skeptical. I say whoever did this needs to fix that part of the image and re-upload that video because right now it's looking pretty fake.
      Last edited by 1keyword; 06-22-2020, 09:37 PM.

Comment

since the photo doesnt show the plastic bag when it easily could it could very well be photoshopped. On the other hand. I cant imagine who has the time and motivation to do all this stuff just for a prank.

Comment

This guy stumbled upon the chest.... My chest! I was so damn close! I had it all figured out and I blew it. I thought for sure mother nature would have hid it for me.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4532.JPG
Views:	539
Size:	6.01 MB
ID:	168580
          Here's how I left the hole Labor Day Weekend 2019 so I could head up to my truck and fetch my gear. While I was waiting on the heat of the day to pass, a nasty thunderstorm rolled in and I had to make a decision. I was short on food and water and if I got stuck on the hill on the walk out, I would be facing a torrent of water coming down the trail and boulders along with it. I had to abandon my dig and hope it would be OK. Biggest regret of my life now! I tried to negotiate with my employer for unpaid leave but HR wasn't going to hear it. (Note to self: go work for a company that has a Leave Share program).

Name:	IMG_4528.JPG
Views:	603
Size:	6.97 MB
ID:	168577
          This is how I found it when I returned Memorial Day week 2020. The Marvel Gaze Rock was pushed back into position and all the rocks from the fire pit were pushed into the hole and covered with dirt. The dirt didn't even have time to compact yet so the finder must have beat me by just a couple of weeks.

Name:	IMG_4531.JPG
Views:	537
Size:	5.86 MB
ID:	168581
          This was the tarry scant I pulled out of the ground. I thought it pulled out too easy. Nothing beneath it but dirt. I should have grabbed it when I could have. I'd like to have that now and the Marvel Gaze rock as a second place token. I'd have the poem engraved on that scant rock. Use it for my headstone. Title it: Biggest Dumb Idiot Loser lies here! He could have had the gold but he was not wise!
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by littlegirlfromindia View Post
            since the photo doesnt show the plastic bag when it easily could it could very well be photoshopped. On the other hand. I cant imagine who has the time and motivation to do all this stuff just for a prank.
            I could do that in 10 minutes... thats all it took for this. easy peasy use the pen tool to outline it, turn the path to a selection CTRL J move the key to the new location, adjust contrast color or whatever else it takes to make it convincing maybe even resample the image and wala.. ten minutes no fuss no muss not the best but I wanted it to look phony because I was poking fun at the conspiracy folks..

Click image for larger version  Name:	finder3.png Views:	0 Size:	3.32 MB ID:	168588
            Last edited by 1keyword; 06-22-2020, 10:26 PM.

Comment

Shadows not right under the key in the video.... look at the coins. total bullshit. fricken hate people.

doing the same thing in Photoshop right now and this dudes game is weak..

Comment

Ok.. it's done here's my version ala photoshop.. am i the finder now? per the video but I fixed the baggy.. just like in the video image the perspective and the scale is off a bit, it just dont look quite right.. and I didnt adjust the crap out of the saturation and contrast to try to get it all to blend together like in the video... I call Bullshit and nice try but no... NEXT.

and this is without resampling, I could increase the DPI to 300 and then drop it back down to 200 or whatever, basically taking a picture of the picture and hide even more and make it hard to tell if it was tampered with.. add some bs exif data that would lie about what camera it was taken with, exposure shutter speed and even embed BS GPS data in the file and on and on and on.. whatever Mr Blackbeard.

Click image for larger version  Name:	am i the finder now.png Views:	0 Size:	3.74 MB ID:	168639
                Last edited by 1keyword; 06-22-2020, 11:24 PM.

Comment

Seems like none of these 'finders' took many photos. In fact they didn't take ANY other ones than what we have already seen!
                  I bet a really clever photoshop could be made, but it would take someone a lot of work to get all the items to move in 3d with scale and lighting just right.
                  These jokers are just copy pasting pixels. A child can do that.

Comment

Originally posted by 1keyword View Post
                    Ok.. it's done here's my version ala photoshop.. am i the finder now? per the video but I fixed the baggy.. just like in the video image the perspective and the scale is off a bit, it just dont look quite right.. and I didnt adjust the crap out of the saturation and contrast to try to get it all to blend together like in the video... I call Bullshit and nice try but no... NEXT.

and this is without resampling, I could increase the DPI to 300 and then drop it back down to 200 or whatever, basically taking a picture of the picture and hide even more and make it hard to tell if it was tampered with.. add some bs exif data that would lie about what camera it was taken with, exposure shutter speed and even embed BS GPS data in the file and on and on and on.. whatever Mr Blackbeard.

Click image for larger version Name:	am i the finder now.png Views:	0 Size:	3.74 MB ID:	168639
                    Still no substantial special item on top

Comment

Name:	am i the finder now2.png
Views:	527
Size:	3.74 MB
ID:	168656
                      Originally posted by Quest View Post

Still no substantial special item on top
                      my point was I could do same as photo in the video in a short amount of time.. i could still adjust light and skew and scale and put whatever you want to have as a special item in the photo but why.. points proven the video means nothing.. its as poorly done as my version.
                      Last edited by 1keyword; 06-22-2020, 11:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1keyword View Post

my point was I could do same as photo in the video in a short amount of time.. i could still adjust light and skew and scale and put whatever you want to have as a special item in the photo but why.. points proven the video means nothing.. its as poorly done as my version.
                        I think he wants you to put your own 'special' item on top.
                        What would have made the finder 'laugh'?
                        Nothing looks very funny in there.

Maybe it was a 'snake in the can' disguised as a Dr. Pepper!

Name:	images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSMCR1rlVtxBZaMyBMwJ9JRd-eQIyuTh3owK6_eBIVAco7PDaKC&usqp=CAU.jpg
Views:	443
Size:	6.6 KB
ID:	168659

Comment

“I'm also not quite sure what the canopy of stars means either“

Disqualified.
                          "I once sent a dozen of my friends a telegram saying 'flee at once - all is discovered.' They all left town immediately." ~ Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by antigroove View Post
                            “I'm also not quite sure what the canopy of stars means either“

Disqualified.
                            cover of night

Comment

Name:	am i the finder now4.png
Views:	382
Size:	3.77 MB
ID:	168699

Comment

Working...
                              X