Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redneck Girl View Post
    Hi Slashy,
    I just checked and my name is no longer on the map. My spot is marked but it's labeled with Other/No Value
    Some jackwagon put in like 30 pins and relegated others to Other/No Value category. I think it's fixed now. Please check again.
    Best,
    -Slashy

Comment

Originally posted by GoSlash27 View Post

It's supposed to be as close as you can get to the chest itself, but if WWWH is the closest you can "go with confidence", then sure We've had others here pin their blaze.

Best,
      -Slashy
      Right, but what I meant was have a whole other map just for WWWH. Only put your WWWH on that map. Could that be set up or is it too much work?

Comment

It's not any more work to set up than a chest location map, but then somebody's going to want a home of Brown map, and a blaze map, and so on and so on. A lot of maps to keep track of, and I'd really just like one.
        Apologies,
        -Slashy

Comment

Go get the steak knives.

Comment

My pin still exists on the map, however, it has changed colors and become unlisted in the side panel. Does this mean I am getting warmer?

If you need to re-pin my location, please use GPS coordinates 44.829435, -110.096772 . Thanks
            Last edited by YNP Solve; 06-27-2020, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Map link here

If I've set this up correctly, we should all be able to mark our best guess of the location on this map. Just follow the link, find your spot, click "add marker" with your user name, and save it.
              We're going on the honor system here, so please...
              -One pin per person
              -Title the location as your user name.
              -Don't disturb anyone else's pin.

Perhaps some day we can find out the real location and see who was closest. If not, it will still be interesting to see where all the pins go.
              Apparently you need to be signed into your google account to add to the map. If you want to place a marker but can't, just post the coordinates in this thread and I'll place it for you.

*edit* I had to emphasize the rules after cleaning up the map. Apologies to anyone that had a pin deleted. If a poster places more than one pin, Only the first will be kept. If a pin is placed without a valid user name, it will be deleted.
              I will make every effort to help fix errors, and of course you are free to move or replace your pin.
              Since we are likely talking about a "figurative" or "metaphorical" X, I'd like to suggest that the *spot* is better represented by a "figurative" or "metaphorical Y. And I don't mean to imply, by this, any
              association with the name of a place.

Comment

Originally posted by YNP Solve View Post
                My pin still exists on the map, however, it has changed colors and become unlisted in the side panel. Does this mean I am getting warmer?

If you need to re-pin my location, please use GPS coordinates 44.829435, -110.096772 . Thanks
                The map is filling up, losing it's ability to show all the labels in the side bar. Your solve is still there with your name, but the category makes it look different in the side bar. Unfortunately I don't know how to fix it.

Apologies,
                -Slashy

Comment

When I open the link it takes me to my house on GE? I’m attaching my location here if anyone wants to add.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Copper, I think you accidentally added a layer. I removed it and placed your pin.
                    Best,
                    -Slashy

Comment

Copper, I think you accidentally added a layer. I removed it and placed your pin.
                      Best,
                      -Slashy
                      What do you mean “added a layer?” How do you add or remove layers in GE? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Copper View Post

What do you mean “added a layer?” How do you add or remove layers in GE? Thanks in advance.
                        Copper,
                        I'm not sure how it all works (still learning as I go myself), but a "layer" is the same blank map that everyone else can see, but with different waypoints. If you add a layer, the first waypoint it expects you to add is your home, so it zooms in there.
                        FWIW your layer did not show your home, but it did show your name. I deleted it so your personal info isn't available to anyone else.

AFA adding and deleting layers, all of those options are available on the pane on the left side of the screen if you're using PC. I don't know how it works on android or iPhone.

Best,
                        -Slashy

Comment

Originally posted by khan View Post
                          Go get the steak knives.
                          Almost-perfect message. Got any more?

Comment

Copper,
                            I'm not sure how it all works (still learning as I go myself), but a "layer" is the same blank map that everyone else can see, but with different waypoints. If you add a layer, the first waypoint it expects you to add is your home, so it zooms in there.
                            FWIW your layer did not show your home, but it did show your name. I deleted it so your personal info isn't available to anyone else.

AFA adding and deleting layers, all of those options are available on the pane on the left side of the screen if you're using PC. I don't know how it works on android or iPhone.

Best,
                            -Slashy
                            Thanks!

Comment

Tried adding my marker, but for some reason it was added to "Walking Among Lions" as a new layer. Deleting my icon and trying to add a new one still appended to WAL's. Any way to fix this?

Comment

Originally posted by nmcc View Post
                                Tried adding my marker, but for some reason it was added to "Walking Among Lions" as a new layer. Deleting my icon and trying to add a new one still appended to WAL's. Any way to fix this?
                                Sorry, I'm afraid not. So long as your marker is titled "nmcc" you should be fine. It'll look weird in the side bar but should still show correctly on the map.
                                Best,
                                -Slashy

Comment

Working...
                                X