Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

See that island in the middle of yellowstone lake

Comment

Forrest based the search on pirates....and every pirate left their treasure on an island

Comment

Originally posted by Barnumerology View Post
        See that island in the middle of yellowstone lake
        There are many islands in the lake. Stevenson was the one that had an actual blaze and carried heavy loads and water high if you consider the E.C. Waters. But Forrest said the chest wasn't under water so it couldn't have been too near the ship. It was also named after a 13 year old runaway if you really want a deep rabbit hole.
        Forrest was always 13 in his own mind and in No Place For Biddies he talks about the biddies making fun of him and they said he would run away from home if he could only cross the street.
        Last edited by lowkey; 01-13-2021, 03:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lowkey View Post

There are many islands in the lake. Stevenson was the one that had an actual blaze and carried heavy loads and water high if you consider the E.C. Waters. But Forrest said the chest wasn't under water so it couldn't have been too near the ship. It was also named after a 13 year old runaway if you really want a deep rabbit hole.
          Forrest was always 13 in his own mind and in No Place For Biddies he talks about the biddies making fun of him and he would away from home if he could only cross the street.
          James Stevenson served as Hayden’s assistant from 1866 to 1879; supposedly (according to Whittlesey) the two met far earlier in 1853, when Hayden was touring the Dakota badlands and encountered Stevenson, then a 13-year-old runaway. Stevenson was, according to Hayden, “undoubtedly the first human that ever set foot upon it,” although (according to Merrill) the party also discovered a white flint spearhead on the western shore, indicating that Native Americans may have at least visited if not stayed there. The island can be found two miles south of Lake Village, east of Gull Point.

Not sure I remember this correctly, but I believe Forrest used to say he liked to imagine he was the first person to set foot in the place that he considered his special spot.
          Last edited by lowkey; 01-13-2021, 01:41 AM.

Comment

FWIW I don't think it's the right spot but I found all of the possible connections interesting.

Comment

Also FWIW, I don't think Forrest liked to hint often to the exact location of the chest, more like a general area near it. I might start a thread on that down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnumerology View Post
                Forrest based the search on pirates....and every pirate left their treasure on an island
                I certainly thought so, which is why my first end-to-end solution was an island formed by two bodies of water. And a later solution was an island in the Gallatin River. But my final solution was that the word "island" itself was actually Forrest's blaze.

Comment

Working...
                X