Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here Was My Solve...

I was botg June 1st to 4th...

My hoB was a large mural on the side of National Park Mountain, at the first "put in" on Firehole Canyon Dr.

Click image for larger version  Name:	45678.jpg Views:	15 Size:	4.87 MB ID:	165973

I took the image above botg, and the image below is from Google Earth:

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200608_115945.jpg Views:	13 Size:	3.81 MB ID:	165974

Right at that "put in" there is a creek coming down from the hills:

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200602_090114.jpg Views:	13 Size:	5.07 MB ID:	165977

I found a trail marker tree 200 feet from the road:

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200604_123332.jpg Views:	13 Size:	3.52 MB ID:	165975

End pt 1.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by GoldenFrog; 12-07-2020, 02:35 PM.

Here's an image from the spot that can't do the view justice.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200602_073755.jpg Views:	1904 Size:	3.18 MB ID:	165980
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20200602_083044.jpg Views:	1879 Size:	3.11 MB ID:	165981

There is nothing I can say other then congratulations to the finder.

Signing off...

GoldenFrog
    Last edited by GoldenFrog; 12-07-2020, 04:14 PM.

Comment

You have to admit my hoB is unique and simple. I believed it was the key word, and the reason to show the poem to a child.

No one ever noticed this on Firehole Canyon Dr.

Click image for larger version

Name:	45678.jpg
Views:	2804
Size:	4.87 MB
ID:	166055

Comment

Any thoughts?

Comment

No thoughts, or feedback from anyone?

Comment

I'll comment on the stick. The finder picked up a stick and used it to clear away most of the spider webs. Can't say I wouldn't do the same. Being very excited, he didn't think to take the stick out before taking a picture.

Comment

Just a stick figure....

Comment

I was thinking more of opinions on my hoB...

Comment

No one has any comments on the huge bear on the side of the mountain on Firehole Canyon Dr.?

Comment

GoldenFrog, I like it. Simple. And I love the bear! I’ve been by there so many times and never saw that. Was the campfire up in elevation? My memory of 1st pullout is that you have to go up, and it’s on the E side of road, but my memory about that is foggy. Those tall, thin rock formations on the corner of NP Mtn are also compelling. Did any look like anything to you?

Comment

Originally posted by Lady V View Post
                      GoldenFrog, I like it. Simple. And I love the bear! I’ve been by there so many times and never saw that. Was the campfire up in elevation? My memory of 1st pullout is that you have to go up, and it’s on the E side of road, but my memory about that is foggy. Those tall, thin rock formations on the corner of NP Mtn are also compelling. Did any look like anything to you?
                      Greetings Lady V!

I indeed found things that only treasure hunters would have understood up on that hill.

Keep in mind, "waters high." Do you remember that creek flowing down from the hill right at that first "put in?"

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200602_093607.jpg Views:	1601 Size:	5.03 MB ID:	166537Click image for larger version  Name:	20200602_090114.jpg Views:	1532 Size:	5.07 MB ID:	166538

Then I found a treasures trail marker tree 200 feet from the road. Only a history buff who was familiar with treasure hunts would have created this! This is a man made treasure hunt tree, at the first "put in" on Firehole Canyon Dr.

Click image for larger version  Name:	2.jpg Views:	1599 Size:	3.52 MB ID:	166539

The first "put it" on Firehole Canyon Dr is one of the greatest trout fishing spots in all of Yellowstone! Forrest would have fished here, and would have looked up with his Father at that bear on the side of that mountain. That is the "key word some are in focus with." And this bear is the reason f told you to have a child look at the poem. A child might recognize that huge bear on the side of that mountain...

I don't know what's going on... I'm trying to figure out how I was botg here, and in contact with f June 1st to 4th, then all of a sudden it's over...

All I know for certain right this moment is, no one has a solve like this....
                      Last edited by GoldenFrog; 12-07-2020, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Here's the bear on Google Earth... Go pan around it... You'll see the legs too...

https://earth.google.com/web/@44.635...9.44112638t,0r

We found it in VR actually...
                        Last edited by GoldenFrog; 06-30-2020, 11:04 PM.

Comment

If you ever get to this spot again Lady V, go 50 feet North of the campfire, and you'll find a view that not even my photo, gives justice...

Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	2398
Size:	3.20 MB
ID:	166553

Comment

I am going in August. Can’t wait to see it! That tree is an Native American blaze tree, I believe. They have a specific name. I’ll see if I can find it later. Having trouble sleeping at the moment...

Comment

Originally posted by Lady V View Post
                              I am going in August. Can’t wait to see it! That tree is an Native American blaze tree, I believe. They have a specific name. I’ll see if I can find it later. Having trouble sleeping at the moment...
                              I searched and could only come up with trees like this being trail markers. I couldn't associate them with the word blaze. If someone could correct me, I'd appreciate it.

I'm at the stage now in my grief, I'm wondering if someone came right behind me and snatched it up... I suppose this is just part of the process.

When my young son and I saw that huge image on the side of that mountain, we were so certain. I suppose time is the great healer of all things, huh?

Comment

Working...
                              X