Pictures of the TC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and had not communicated with since 2018

I started 2/19 that's ok, I have some big fish to fry before I croak!!!
    the best I could hope for is 2nd place, I was 1st to disclose on Toby's, got a couple nope's. Thanks for not banning me kpro. Usually I get banned and shunned. Dang....
    Last edited by khan; 06-17-2020, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenFrog

Have you ever tried to tear a Ziplock bag by hand????
      Not with 10 lbs of gold on it.

Comment

A question for the photo experts - were the original photos of the old chest before he hid it heavily edited and doctored and is that why they look so much more more enticing than the found chest ? Along with the fact that about half the stuff seems to be missing...

Comment

Originally posted by OH!! View Post
          The area on the left side of the chest. I use photoshop every day and have for the past 15 years. It holds another background image. It was overlaid but not cropped enough.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	chest 1.JPG
Views:	775
Size:	8.7 KB
ID:	166193
          That just looks like there was two photos next to each other (ie inline attachments in an email) and somebody has screenshot them and then done a sloppy crop to get rid of the left image.

Rather than a photoshop conspiracy, the screenshotting just seems like a good way to strip any exif data from the original photos.

Comment

Originally posted by RockLicker61 View Post

That just looks like there was two photos next to each other (ie inline attachments in an email) and somebody has screenshot them and then done a sloppy crop to get rid of the left image.

Rather than a photoshop conspiracy, the screenshotting just seems like a good way to strip any exif data from the original photos.
            Looks like a thin strip of grass debris.

Comment

These are a questions for Oh!!.

For what purpose do you suppose this was done? What's cause to hide or deceive us?
              Is it possible that the entire chest was cut from the original photo and then pasted onto a photo with different vegetation? In other words, it could have been found in a sandy and sagebrush area, photographed, and then the chest was cut from that photo and pasted onto a photo with pine needles and grass? Can you check for that possibility?

What I found interesting is that the top of the rim surface of the lower part of the chest has oxidized, but in the photo of Fenn counting coins, the chest lid looks unscathed. I do concede not to be knowledgeable about metallurgy.

Did the finder drive a box of gold and jewels worth a lot of money from back east to New Mexico? A registered letter with Fenn's bracelet mailed to Fenn would have been the reasonable thing to do. There is more to this story.

Another thing that bothers me is that Fenn empathically stated that no one was going to stumble upon (over?) the chest. He also said that the area the chest is located is special to him. He also had a reason to have gone to that area in the first place. This being the facts, then one must logically assume that a non-searcher could find cause to hike the area. With the chest being above ground at some point someone would come across the chest.

Furthermore, the almost total lack of information regarding the end of the chase is not normal regardless of the desires of the finder. Ok. Fenn won't answer the "who" and the "what". But how about explaining the "how" and the "when". Just how far did you walk? What time of year did you place the chest? These answers risk no exposure to the finder. A timely explanation of the delay and what his future plans are regarding the end of the chase would go far to reduce a great deal of angst.. His continued silence only deepens anger in those who see themselves as having been conned.

What does Fenn have to gain from all this silence? Why manipulate those photos? And don't tell me because he's working out the legalities and details. This is what he should say, "The treasure has been found by a person from the eastern U.S. who prefers for obvious reasons to remain anonymous. This person also wants the location to remain secret. I promised that during the chase and I intend to keep that promise. The chest was hidden under the stars in a lush forest. It remained there from when I placed it in August of 2009. I hid the chest approximately 500' from where I parked my car. Further details regarding the chase and its solution will be forthcoming. When exactly, I don't know at this time. Please be patient. I will provide undates every so often." How hard is that to have said?

The ending to this chase is not... normal behavior. One doesn't drum up fervor for the chase, go on national television, be in international and national magazines, hold question/answer meetings, go to Fennborees, and then say in shortest and vaguest terms possible "The chest been found by someone back east who wanted to remain anonymous and the chest was under stars in a lush forest and now everybody go home."

But well, he is 90 years old. There's that.

BTW Oh!!, that was a very interesting series of posts. Thanks.

Comment

Does anyone else see that the picture of the chest a little after it was found, looks like a cropped picture? View the far left border of the picture...it doesn’t match up to what should be seen. I wonder if the original picture would’ve given too many hints to the location away?

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenFrog View Post
                  So someone drove the chest to f? Why? Images would have been enough...
                  Yeah I don’t get that

Comment

I like that Susan b Anthony coin

Comment

• Originally posted by Old blue View Post
                      I like that Susan b Anthony coin
                      A SBA "experimental-rinse" first year coin can be worth 6 figures. It has a more copper look instead of a gold coating.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1keyword View Post

So.... then this picture that was posted on reddit today could be real? chest doesn't look that different as far as the patina? must have been clear coated to sit out that long and not turn green.. I could see Forrest being that thoughtful so the chest would appear to the finder as expected based on the photo's.. Man looking at Forrest there handling the treasure, what a dear kind man I bet he just has to be the kindest guy ever in person... I just see a lot of love in all of what he's done and how he stuck to his word.

After seeing the Forrest pics seems like this could be legite?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg
Views:	849
Size:	634.0 KB
ID:	166103
                        Looking at the cones in this photo I would say limber pine cones are scattered about, but in the photo of the chest on dals site you can see a pinyon cone near the chest and a two needle group from a pinyon as well. I've processed 1000s of pinyon nuts and have cut down 100s of dead pinyon trees for firewood.

Comment

• Originally posted by Presque vu View Post

Looking at the cones in this photo I would say limber pine cones are scattered about, but in the photo of the chest on dals site you can see a pinyon cone near the chest and a two needle group from a pinyon as well. I've processed 1000s of pinyon nuts and have cut down 100s of dead pinyon trees for firewood.
                          Signs of wood shreds, like mechanical debris, as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Presque vu View Post

are we cetain that there are no isolated stands of pinyon's in Wyoming? and if there were I have an idea as to why that ties into why Forrest would be interested in such a place.

Comment

• Smell the sunshine said that you can see the finders reflection in the glass jar top right corner in the photo of the chest... has anybody zoomed in and looked at it? He says it looks like he was wearing a yellow hat and had a ring on his finger.. what are you’re findings?

Comment

• Picture with Forrest at the table going through the items, looks like he’s got everything cleaned up and polished... possible it’s going back out or getting ready for auction???

Comment

Working...
                                X