• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Back East"

"Back East" is gone from Dal's

"SUBMITTED June 6th, 2020
    by Forrest

The treasure has been found

It was under a canopy of stars in the lush, forested vegetation of the Rocky Mountains and had not moved from the spot where I hid it more than 10 years ago. I do not know the person who found it, but the poem in my book led him to the precise spot.

I congratulate the thousands of people who participated in the search and hope they will continue to be drawn by the promise of other discoveries.

So the search is over. Look for more information and photos in the coming days. f"

I don’t even know what’s happening anymore.

Comment

Maybe it went back east ? Lol

Comment

I don’t either

Comment

Originally posted by OneMoreBOTG View Post
          I don’t even know what’s happening anymore.
          I don’t either

Comment

"The man, who was from back east" is missing. Well heck. No box, no nothing. I think this is going to be horrible for people running up to 10 years on this.
            "Take out that 'back east' part." -yourGov
            Last edited by 5-leaf Blaze; 06-14-2020, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Honestly, thank GOD fenn corrected his mistake.

I wasn't going to say anything, but that phrase was one of the biggest slip up's ff has made in the Chase.

I cut him some serious slack because he prolly just got excited and didn't think about what he was saying, but jeeze,
              I mean NO WONDER our Finder got a bit shy (prolly furious is more like it) once he read a statement like that.

Poor Mr. Fenn. I bet he'd take it back if he could. And just think of all the good that man has done for us.

Let a man build bridges his entire lifetime and maybe, just 'maybe' at the end of his days he'll be known as a "Bridge Builder,"
              but let a man s ....

Well, enough I guess. You all get my point.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Guy Wiki.PNG
Views:	828
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	165024

Click image for larger version

Name:	effigy.PNG
Views:	848
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	165023

Comment

That the finder is from "back East" was never part of Forrest's original statement on Dal's site.

Forrest added that detail in several interviews with media outlets.

If you click the "media" links Dal has posted, I'm sure you'll find those words still in those stories.

Comment

i dunno, to say the Black East is a gross generalization IMO. Who really cares what race the finder is, and if he's black, all the better in these trying thymes. There's diversity in a lot of major cities and not all of them are "east" -- the Mason Dixie line doesn't really pertain to the Chase IMO except for the alleged fact that the TC is west of both it and Toleka.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyke (MySon) View Post
                    i dunno, to say the Black East is a gross generalization IMO. Who really cares what race the finder is, and if he's black, all the better in these trying thymes. There's diversity in a lot of major cities and not all of them are "east" -- the Mason Dixie line doesn't really pertain to the Chase IMO except for the alleged fact that the TC is west of both it and Toleka.
                    I think that is the mason dixon line

Comment

Last edited by Lady V; 06-15-2020, 12:02 AM.

Comment

Strange....
                        All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

I checked out that great cowlazars channel when they showed the announcement and the back east comment did not seem to be included? So is this fake news?
                          “Positivity triumphs over negativity” - famous quote by the famous Cowlazars 2018

Comment

Maybe the finder took Horace Greely's advice and went West....https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go_West,_young_man

Comment

Originally posted by Sherif Billy View Post
                              Maybe the finder took Horace Greely's advice and went West....https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Go_West,_young_man
                              I'm afraid you may be right, Sherif.
                              But which way did he go, Doc?

Comment

Working...
                              X