"under a canopy of stars in the lush forested vegetation"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rusty Nipples
    Why the Cryptic message to tell us it has been found?
    Forrest knows we over analyze every word he says. Why the 'Canopy of Stars' and 'Lush Forested Vegitation'... who talks like that? Why talk like that in such an important message? There has to be something to it.
    Why only 'The Treasure has been Found'... 'So the search is over'? Where is the definitive 'Put away the Poem and close your Books' do not pass GO, do not collect $200. Why didn't he say that the Treasure had not only been found but also retrieved. There should be less room for interpretation because he knows what we will do with a statement that is too ambiguous. He has taught us to use our immagination.
    I understand the Finder wishing to remain anonymous, I expected nothing different. I also doubt we will ever hear the solve or the location. Forrest has said that it was up to the finder if he wished to disclose. So why the Cryptic message? If it is truely up to the finders discression, then Forrest should NOT be dropping any further Hints/Clues/Rabbit Holes. Telling us anything more is going against the finders wishes.

Forrest tried to think of everything, neither the Find nor the Lawsuits have caught him off guard. Something is not right about the way this is playing out.
    Personally, I feel the "Canopy of Stars and Lush Forested Vegetation" is merely Forrest having creative flair. Remember, Forrest is several things:

1. A war hero
    2. An adventurer
    3. A writer

I agree he wrote this many years earlier. However, I also agree that Forrest still has something else up his sleeve, (don't know what.) But he's had over 10 years to think about this.

And there's one more thought I had to consider... Maybe someone made the alligator mad before they retrieved the treasure.

W.
    Last edited by Willie Wonka; 06-12-2020, 09:00 PM.

Comment

separate the wheat from the chaff
      To be right for someone, you have to be willing to be wrong for someone else.

Comment

He might let it lay, and start the new hunt.
        Last edited by khan; 06-12-2020, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Willie Wonka
          And here's one more.

WHAT IF...

... the finder is unable to come forward.

Think about it. They've invested years to finally win this game, but at what price.

What state is their mind in right now.

Is the real reason they can't come forward, is because they're too busy scaring the cat while wearing that jade mask - and drinking soup from a straw?

Hopefully I'm wrong, but only time will tell.

W.
          Hmmm

Comment

Under A Canopy Of Stars
            Moonthrone

And all through the cold night mist,
            I trudge the twisting wooded path.
            Among the dark majestic mountains,
            my mind prepares for ceremony.
            The last hints of sunlight sink into the earth,
            a pale moon fades into twilight skies.
            Alas come the brooding clouds,
            and the pouring rains soon follow...
            The loss I felt, that fateful night,
            this evening shall wash away.
            Stones arranged into constellations,
            tears chilling my face.
            Midnight oil permeates the mist,
            and fires defy the cursing rain.
            Cries echoes off timber pillars of old,
            Suddenly, time stands still....
            ....And then a celestial miracle,
            by some unearthly guise.
            Clouds fade away, and starlight falls
            from infinite midnight skies.
            Then, her spirit, the love I lost,
            appeared from shadows of night.
            Under a canopy of stars,
            our souls kiss eternal this night.........

Comment

“Their clothing is made of spangly materials, luscious forested vegetation.”
              what’s a canopy of stars? Star spangled banner. When I think of a canopy of stars, I think of a flag.( what about Fs artwork / the two flags) Take a look at the dolls again. Do you see any luscious forested vegetation on their clothing? Chaos has been the key since last year. There has been some embroidery along the way.

Comment

Chest had been sitting under a flag, buried.

Comment

Originally posted by ORION View Post

Theory of 2 different Hunters would lend credence to Forrest's statement, "As far as I am concerned there is no lead searcher." (there were 2 hunters) ????????? O.
                  The treasure was on your belt all along, right?
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	340?cb=20131217130525.jpg
Views:	394
Size:	9.9 KB
ID:	164522

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel View Post
                    The only other time Forrest has written something similar is in Scrapbook 209 published on 10/4/2019.

In regards to two art objects named "Chaos" and "Embroidery",
                    "Look at their faces, each has an eerie diabolical grin as if is possessed by some unknown seminal moment. Their clothing is made of spangly materials, luscious forested vegetation, and woven woolen fabrics from around the world."

Because of how particular Forrest's vernacular is and his way of linking to other stories, I feel like he's trying to draw some connection to this scrapbook.

Do you think Forrest posted about these two figurines as a metaphor for the Chase and/or as a nod to certain searchers, perhaps a duo or two different hunters?

I think Forrest was shocked to see the chest found so soon which leads me to believe that the Finder did not communicate at all with Forrest. With the Finder staying anonymous for now, this seems more plausible to me. And with all the chatter last fall about Forrest hinting to searchers and/or a lead searcher through his flurry of scrapbooks, I am now more drawn to believe that he may have been doing so.

In this 2013 interview, Lorene Mills asks Forrest how he will know the chest was found and he responds "The type of guy that's gonna find that treasure chest is the type of guy that can't keep it quiet. That's my theory. And I think that theory will hold, but who knows? I mean, we're a very diverse population. Everybody has a different idea. Whoever finds that treasure chest, the IRS is gonna want their part of it."

And in this 9/1/2019 article from Wine Dine & Travel magazine, at the end of pg 171, Fenn says "I did not expect it to get so big so fast, and I think I will be a little disappointed if someone finds the chest because the mystery will be gone." But on the other hand, he says "In 13 months, I'll be 90 years old so I wish someone would hurry up and find the treasure."

So if Forrest wished someone would hurry up and find the treasure, why does his reaction to the chest being found so quickly seem more disappointed than I thought he'd be?

When asked how he felt, Fenn said, “I don’t know, I feel halfway kind of glad, halfway kind of sad because the chase is over,'" and goes on to "congratulate the thousands of people who participated in the search." Everyone but the Finder, curiously.

My rabbit-hole hypothetical is that there was indeed a lead searcher who Forrest was watching via the embroidered emails he received. And this talkative lead searcher perhaps fit the type of guy that Forrest theorized would find the chest. That would've also made his passing of the torch much easier with his legacy solidified. Now that the Chase has ended in current Chaos with a "shy" anonymous finder and hordes of searchers crying foul, I can only imagine how disenchanted Forrest must feel. He wanted it to be over but now I feel he's in a position where he is unable to rest. I think he even had some plans in place which have now halted and become complicated with the finder staying anonymous.
                    My email to forrest

As I grew to the age of maturity, I began to come to the realization of how important family is; and that I should take in every moment with them as possible. Unfortunately, I did not come to touch with these terms until after a few of my family members became old and elderly; and had passed away. With time in mind, I took it to be wise to ceize the opportunity and go out of my way; in order to make and preserve memories with my family. One Spring I decided to take my father and little brother on a trip across the country, all in the sake of new discovery. So we headed out, and drove down south to take pictures of the Saturn B1 Rocket in all its' glory. The 2 stage rocket stood 225 feet high when equiped with its Q-Ball tip on top, and 22.8 feet at its inner most diameter. During lift off, it produced up to 200,000 pounds of thrust. Can you imagine the type of impact that would have on the guy riding it? I'm sure he had to of had his head between his knees the whole time, or at least said a little word to his maker before coming off the launch pad. The RANGE SAFETY SYSTEM consisted of Firing Units, Decoders; Power Dividers; Couplings: and a 28V Power Distribution Mounting ASSY. Its heightest recorded altitude is just around 500,000 feet. At one time, the Saturn B1 was an engineering marvel aimed to achieve the high standards of the Apollo missions. From the spectators sight down on the ground, it had to have been a massive spectacle to gaze upon. In the 1960's It had been the focus of man's greatest accomplishments in NASA'S outer space expedition programs. Today it resides at Tranquility Base in Huntsville Alabama, never to leave the grasp of this green earth again.

Before we had reached the rocket, we had originally planned our route to head west; to drive through the Mississippi River area; and so we did. As our journey furthered, we passed through Arkansas and Oklahoma; then made a detour down to Houston Texas; because I had heard that everything was bigger there. I've never been put face to face with a steak that I could not over come, but I now admit; I was bested in this circumstance. When we continued north to New Mexico, we went fishing in the wonderful National Forest; and hung around in the Agua Fria Peak; and Angel Fire area; to take pictures of the snowy Taos mountainside; because my mother began to worry about the weather conditions we faced. Our fishing spot was very private, and secluded to the point where you couldn't hear the near by cars pass. We spent most of our time in the national forest locating trailheads, and identifying inedable berries; because I broke the end of my fishing rod a few minutes prior of 12pm. As darkness fell, we decided to make due of our remaining time; so we headed back east to camp in a wild old town somewhere in the desert. We cooked hotdogs over a fire, and looked at the constellations above us. Before we resumed our journey the next morning, we returned south and took the opportunity to stop in Santa Fe; at the New Mexico School for the Deaf; because my younger brother was having trouble following directions. Finally, we drove all the way north and into Yellowstone National Park; to view the wonders of earth's creation; and to take pictures of the Old Faithful geyser, as it shot into the air. We never got too close to it, because It would be too dangerous from that distance. My favorite part of Yellowstone is the wonderful geological features. You could look at the face of a shear bluff, and imagine the energy that went into creating it. Mother nature truly is remarkable when it comes to that sort of thing. Eventually exhaustion started to settle in, and our legs grew tired of the cars lumpy seats. At that point, we quickly decided to travel back home; so we could nestle in our own beds; and simmer down from all the excitement we had just endured over the past few days. We stopped back at the Alabama Rocket, because it was on the way home; and my camera would not cooperate with me durring the first stop. It was a long and tiring journey, I soon will not forget. This was an experience of a lifetime, and there's very little I would change about the whole situation. I just wish my brother had caught his first fish a bit earlier, because we spent a lot of time standing in waist high water; without protection from the freezing temperatures; for just a bit too long. He wore the most frustrated face, all day. When we finally arrived back home, we made sure to tell my mother of all the silly things we had done along the way. At the end of the night, and just before bed; I reached into the pocket of my backpack; to pull out a tiny wooden box I had found laid on a rock in the middle of the creek. As I opened it, my mothers eyes lifted with excitement at the wonders it contained. It was full of hand made flies for fly fishing. The box was lined on the top, and bottom with pins to hold the flies in place. The colors were beautiful, and it was obvious someone had spent a fare share of time putting them together; one by one. It was true craftsmanship of a dying art. To this day I keep the wooden box full of flies on a shelf in my closet, and I only take it out when I need a reminder of how important the simple things in life are. Memories only die if you do not relive them, and who's to say the next generations to come won't look back at us; and think to take the opportunities presented to us; that we are yet to be aware of?

Comment

The only other time Forrest has written something similar is in Scrapbook 209 published on 10/4/2019.

"Look at their faces, each has an eerie diabolical grin as if is possessed by some unknown seminal moment. Their clothing is made of spangly materials, luscious forested vegetation, and woven woolen fabrics from around the world."

Because of how particular Forrest's vernacular is and his way of linking to other stories, I feel like he's trying to draw some connection to this scrapbook.

Do you think Forrest posted about these two figurines as a metaphor for the Chase and/or as a nod to certain searchers, perhaps a duo or two different hunters?

I think Forrest was shocked to see the chest found so soon which leads me to believe that the Finder did not communicate at all with Forrest. With the Finder staying anonymous for now, this seems more plausible to me. And with all the chatter last fall about Forrest hinting to searchers and/or a lead searcher through his flurry of scrapbooks, I am now more drawn to believe that he may have been doing so.

In this 2013 interview, Lorene Mills asks Forrest how he will know the chest was found and he responds "The type of guy that's gonna find that treasure chest is the type of guy that can't keep it quiet. That's my theory. And I think that theory will hold, but who knows? I mean, we're a very diverse population. Everybody has a different idea. Whoever finds that treasure chest, the IRS is gonna want their part of it."

And in this 9/1/2019 article from Wine Dine & Travel magazine, at the end of pg 171, Fenn says "I did not expect it to get so big so fast, and I think I will be a little disappointed if someone finds the chest because the mystery will be gone." But on the other hand, he says "In 13 months, I'll be 90 years old so I wish someone would hurry up and find the treasure."

So if Forrest wished someone would hurry up and find the treasure, why does his reaction to the chest being found so quickly seem more disappointed than I thought he'd be?

When asked how he felt, Fenn said, “I don’t know, I feel halfway kind of glad, halfway kind of sad because the chase is over,'" and goes on to "congratulate the thousands of people who participated in the search." Everyone but the Finder, curiously.

My rabbit-hole hypothetical is that there was indeed a lead searcher who Forrest was watching via the embroidered emails he received. And this talkative lead searcher perhaps fit the type of guy that Forrest theorized would find the chest. That would've also made his passing of the torch much easier with his legacy solidified. Now that the Chase has ended in current Chaos with a "shy" anonymous finder and hordes of searchers crying foul, I can only imagine how disenchanted Forrest must feel. He wanted it to be over but now I feel he's in a position where he is unable to rest. I think he even had some plans in place which have now halted and become complicated with the finder staying anonymous.
                      Well now I'm freaked out. When sb 209 came out was only a few days after I emailed FF with my solve and location. I'm disabled and my husband and I went to search, but I could only wait at the van while he tried to hike to the spot. Unfortunately, he got an extreme dizzy spell and had totueto back. We've since found out he has a heart condition. I had even sent a photo to FF that day in late September of my blaze. I was asking if the rumor that he would help someone who was disabled retrieve the chest if their solve was correct. I never heard back from him. Now I find myself falling down the rabbit hole of wondering if his email got hacked, my solve had been correct, and someone else went and got it.
                      "It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
                      And I'm most obliged to you for making it clear that
                      I'm not here" -Syd Barrett

Comment

In regards to two art objects named "Chaos" and "Embroidery"
                        There is a weird line in that scrapbook: “Have they been thrown out and are now suffering amidst the wreckage of failed marriages?“

Maybe hinting at close solves that have been thrown out because they failed to marry clues to a map. I have a feeling people have been passing the spot for years. At least back to 2014. SB107 is about Forrest’s annoyance that people pass the tangled phone cord all the time and don’t stop to untangle it.
                        Kevin @ Rival Bear Outfitters | The Nez Perce Trail Solve Page | Full Solve link

Comment

Under a canopy of stars.... the Fenn family memorial marker(s).
                          Lush forested vegetation.... placed there by Forrest.

Comment

Maybe Forrest just happened to look at my sandwich and saw something compelling that put those words, "forested vegetation", in his mind again.

https://www.hintofriches.com/forum/t...228#post160228

Peace, O.

Comment

Canopy of stars... gotta be the Once Upon A While Cover reference.... also the oil painting by Forrest...When the Bugle Calls ? My own theory is that there is a GIANT F shown on the OUAW cover which is a reference to the BLAZE

Comment

A lot of solves do that, here's a picture go find it, and here's a word go find it. Here's some ideas, how do they relate, what do they mean, how can I use my imagination to understand them. "Honesty is worth a thousand such trees"
                                Last edited by khan; 06-15-2020, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X