"under a canopy of stars in the lush forested vegetation"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "under a canopy of stars in the lush forested vegetation"

The only other time Forrest has written something similar is in Scrapbook 209 published on 10/4/2019.

In regards to two art objects named "Chaos" and "Embroidery",
    "Look at their faces, each has an eerie diabolical grin as if is possessed by some unknown seminal moment. Their clothing is made of spangly materials, luscious forested vegetation, and woven woolen fabrics from around the world."

Because of how particular Forrest's vernacular is and his way of linking to other stories, I feel like he's trying to draw some connection to this scrapbook.

Do you think Forrest posted about these two figurines as a metaphor for the Chase and/or as a nod to certain searchers, perhaps a duo or two different hunters?

I think Forrest was shocked to see the chest found so soon which leads me to believe that the Finder did not communicate at all with Forrest. With the Finder staying anonymous for now, this seems more plausible to me. And with all the chatter last fall about Forrest hinting to searchers and/or a lead searcher through his flurry of scrapbooks, I am now more drawn to believe that he may have been doing so.

In this 2013 interview, Lorene Mills asks Forrest how he will know the chest was found and he responds "The type of guy that's gonna find that treasure chest is the type of guy that can't keep it quiet. That's my theory. And I think that theory will hold, but who knows? I mean, we're a very diverse population. Everybody has a different idea. Whoever finds that treasure chest, the IRS is gonna want their part of it."

And in this 9/1/2019 article from Wine Dine & Travel magazine, at the end of pg 171, Fenn says "I did not expect it to get so big so fast, and I think I will be a little disappointed if someone finds the chest because the mystery will be gone." But on the other hand, he says "In 13 months, I'll be 90 years old so I wish someone would hurry up and find the treasure."

So if Forrest wished someone would hurry up and find the treasure, why does his reaction to the chest being found so quickly seem more disappointed than I thought he'd be?

When asked how he felt, Fenn said, “I don’t know, I feel halfway kind of glad, halfway kind of sad because the chase is over,'" and goes on to "congratulate the thousands of people who participated in the search." Everyone but the Finder, curiously.

My rabbit-hole hypothetical is that there was indeed a lead searcher who Forrest was watching via the embroidered emails he received. And this talkative lead searcher perhaps fit the type of guy that Forrest theorized would find the chest. That would've also made his passing of the torch much easier with his legacy solidified. Now that the Chase has ended in current Chaos with a "shy" anonymous finder and hordes of searchers crying foul, I can only imagine how disenchanted Forrest must feel. He wanted it to be over but now I feel he's in a position where he is unable to rest. I think he even had some plans in place which have now halted and become complicated with the finder staying anonymous.

Also stars + spangly = Star-spangled banner?

Comment

"under a canopy of stars in the lush forested vegetation"

I know we've been through my little coincidences too much on here, but... man, am I being tortured. This is crazy because...
      the first 5 words are too close to a released song of mine, and a leaf is forest vegetation. This all really sucks, because I am BROKE. STILL.

Comment

Chaos figure looks pretty well organized to me

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel View Post
          The only other time Forrest has written something similar is in Scrapbook 209 published on 10/4/2019.

"Look at their faces, each has an eerie diabolical grin as if is possessed by some unknown seminal moment. Their clothing is made of spangly materials, luscious forested vegetation, and woven woolen fabrics from around the world."

Because of how particular Forrest's vernacular is and his way of linking to other stories, I feel like he's trying to draw some connection to this scrapbook.

Do you think Forrest posted about these two figurines as a metaphor for the Chase and/or as a nod to certain searchers, perhaps a duo or two different hunters?

I think Forrest was shocked to see the chest found so soon which leads me to believe that the Finder did not communicate at all with Forrest. With the Finder staying anonymous for now, this seems more plausible to me. And with all the chatter last fall about Forrest hinting to searchers and/or a lead searcher through his flurry of scrapbooks, I am now more drawn to believe that he may have been doing so.

In this 2013 interview, Lorene Mills asks Forrest how he will know the chest was found and he responds "The type of guy that's gonna find that treasure chest is the type of guy that can't keep it quiet. That's my theory. And I think that theory will hold, but who knows? I mean, we're a very diverse population. Everybody has a different idea. Whoever finds that treasure chest, the IRS is gonna want their part of it."

And in this 9/1/2019 article from Wine Dine & Travel magazine, at the end of pg 171, Fenn says "I did not expect it to get so big so fast, and I think I will be a little disappointed if someone finds the chest because the mystery will be gone." But on the other hand, he says "In 13 months, I'll be 90 years old so I wish someone would hurry up and find the treasure."

So if Forrest wished someone would hurry up and find the treasure, why does his reaction to the chest being found so quickly seem more disappointed than I thought he'd be?

When asked how he felt, Fenn said, “I don’t know, I feel halfway kind of glad, halfway kind of sad because the chase is over,'" and goes on to "congratulate the thousands of people who participated in the search." Everyone but the Finder, curiously.

My rabbit-hole hypothetical is that there was indeed a lead searcher who Forrest was watching via the embroidered emails he received. And this talkative lead searcher perhaps fit the type of guy that Forrest theorized would find the chest. That would've also made his passing of the torch much easier with his legacy solidified. Now that the Chase has ended in current Chaos with a "shy" anonymous finder and hordes of searchers crying foul, I can only imagine how disenchanted Forrest must feel. He wanted it to be over but now I feel he's in a position where he is unable to rest. I think he even had some plans in place which have now halted and become complicated with the finder staying anonymous.
          "found under a canopy of stars..." canopy, or "cover"
          "found under a cover of stars..." A book cover...like Once Upon a While.

Peace,
          O.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DD_Hunter.png
Views:	1451
Size:	762.5 KB
ID:	163155

Comment

Such a beautifully organized post- thanks for sharing.
            nothing to add but wish more people posted BEFORE, lol

Comment

Theory of 2 different Hunters would lend credence to Forrest's statement, "As far as I am concerned there is no lead searcher." (there were 2 hunters) ????????? O.

Comment

Originally posted by ORION View Post

Theory of 2 different Hunters would lend credence to Forrest's statement, "As far as I am concerned there is no lead searcher." (there were 2 hunters) ????????? O.
                Then one may have been Augustus Gloop the greedy one.

https://youtu.be/FdSORiSaRW8

Comment

Regarding ff's feeling about the chest being found, over on HoD just a bit ago, someone asked about Dal's comment that he was initially unsure the chase was over. Dal replied: "I wasn’t sure the note was really from Forrest. I thought maybe someone was spoofing him and the email was a fake. That’s what I was skeptical about. So I contacted Forrest to ask him if the message really came from him. He wrote:
                  'Yes, it’s me and the chase is over. Sob. f'

Dang.

I think the finder is Chaos, and unexpected. I also think that the three (maybe more now?) lawsuits having been filed mean no one can say anything to anyone, until those cases are dismissed or resolved. Why would ff or the finder reveal a solve that one of those people who claim to have already found the solution could then use to "revise" their solution before stating it? Perhaps that's why ff appears to have changed his mind on Sunday about posting pics and revealing more info. This is going to be a long nightmare, I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Lady V View Post
                    Regarding ff's feeling about the chest being found, over on HoD just a bit ago, someone asked about Dal's comment that he was initially unsure the chase was over. Dal replied: "I wasn’t sure the note was really from Forrest. I thought maybe someone was spoofing him and the email was a fake. That’s what I was skeptical about. So I contacted Forrest to ask him if the message really came from him. He wrote:
                    'Yes, it’s me and the chase is over. Sob. f'

Dang.

I think the finder is Chaos, and unexpected. I also think that the three (maybe more now?) lawsuits having been filed mean no one can say anything to anyone, until those cases are dismissed or resolved. Why would ff or the finder reveal a solve that one of those people who claim to have already found the solution could then use to "revise" their solution before stating it? Perhaps that's why ff appears to have changed his mind on Sunday about posting pics and revealing more info. This is going to be a long nightmare, I believe.
                    I think you've hit it square on the head.

Comment

Finally someone with a clear head was able to wipe off his tears and look at the story behind this curtain of dense fog!
                      If we look back there were signs that the end was drawing nigh. For me it was Sacha who had great insight on all those Q&As and SBs and she always told us „Folks, it‘s gonna be over soon!“!
                      Chaos and Embroidery imho were the two main characters during last season‘s endgame. Chaos had his foot on a chest... so this might have been who Orion always called „The Hunter“ and I found my own term due to the superfast progress: LEADSLUG

So who was Embroidery? Sacha said this looks like a close finish between a Hunter and a Huntress (Toe to Toe?).

Orion had the theory that both puppets were one Hunter, the Ying and Yang of one person so to say...

But I thought there was more to it... look at the picture with Forrest‘s head between the horns of Embroidery‘s hat! What if Embroidery was Forrest? Forrest wrote over 40 SBs shortly after... were there hints? Embroidered with stories? And rabbit holes? I thought so...

That is why I think we are watching the story of Chaos and Embroidery... with Embroidery at the wheel following HIS plans.

Forrest somehow disappeared since the announcement was made! I can imagine a mad professor in his lab running from left to right switching buttons and levers, a wild grin on his face, out of breath, but in full-go-mode driven by adrenaline and endorphins and serotonins produced and wildly distributed into his aching body.

Our trauma and helplessness might be congruent to his Euphoria!

I love this idea, because our man deserved this moment of starting up this huge machine he‘s been building for the last 32 years! And I am paying my tribute by standing by, watching in awe and keeping my trauma, my nervous heart, my frustrations, my anxiety and all possible negativities for myself, KNOWING and TRUSTING that Forrest Fenn will not disappoint us!
                      „It‘s almost impossible to carry the torch of truth through a crowd without singeing somebody‘s beard.“
                      G. C. Lichtenberg

Comment

Of course all the real searchers have faith. He wouldn't let us down. Not after all he has given- something or someone has put a gag on Forrest. Smh to this desperate entitled lawsuit happy culture.

Comment

I think he meant the finder's hair was getting too long...under lush vegetation, no haircuts for three months.

Comment

Originally posted by atticusfinch315 View Post
                            I think he meant the finder's hair was getting too long...under lush vegetation, no haircuts for three months.
                            Hilarious but not too absurd!
                            „It‘s almost impossible to carry the torch of truth through a crowd without singeing somebody‘s beard.“
                            G. C. Lichtenberg

Comment

I'm beginning to think there were 2 lead searchers, and shy east guy wasn't one of them. Was one of them the Joker?
                              Scrapbook 219: " My favorite had dangerous looking red hair under a pull-down feather fedora. It was a rather striking ensemble. The runner up was a young-looking middle-aged woman who had really short green hair. She was soothing to look at so I just watched her. "

Comment

Working...
                              X