Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does f's Treasure Found Statement Point to the Chest Location?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does f's Treasure Found Statement Point to the Chest Location?

His Treasure Found Statement:

"It was under a canopy of stars in the lush, forested vegetation of the Rocky Mountains and had not moved from the spot where I hid it more than 10 years ago. I do not know the person who found it, but the poem in my book led him to the precise spot.

I congratulate the thousands of people who participated in the search and hope they will continue to be drawn by the promise of other discoveries. "

To Me:
    1. "under a canopy of stars" reminds me of his Looking for Lewis and Clark chapter
    2. "forested" makes me think he's hinting at it being in a National Forest (likely the Gallatin National Forest)
    3. "promise of other discoveries" means Lewis & Clark's Corps of Discovery
    4. He promised not to talk about something in Looking for Lewis & Clark
    Am I crazy?
    mm
    Last edited by minotaur_moreno; 06-08-2020, 03:10 PM.

Definitely a hint, if not the exact spot. Maybe if one knows the solve method they could understand it, but unless you can do codes, siphers, non-spiritual riddles,and complicated puzzles you don't have a chance
    Last edited by khan; 06-08-2020, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by minotaur_moreno View Post

"It was under a canopy of stars in the lush, forested vegetation of the Rocky Mountains and had not moved from the spot where I hid it more than 10 years ago. I do not know the person who found it, but the poem in my book led him to the precise spot.

I congratulate the thousands of people who participated in the search and hope they will continue to be drawn by the promise of other discoveries. "

To Me:
      1. "under a canopy of stars" reminds me of his Looking for Lewis and Clark chapter
      2. "forested" makes me think he's hinting at it being in a National Forest (likely the Gallatin National Forest)
      Am I crazy?
      mm
      You're not crazy, I thought that statement was calculated also.

Comment

Originally posted by Roo$ter View Post

You're not crazy, I thought that statement was calculated also.
        It was, interestingly the word "vegetation" comes from vegetare; power of growth, which comes from vegere, to be active, which gives us vegetate - a word with dual meaning - to live or spend a period of time in a dull, inactive, unchallenging way OR to spur growth and activity (as in a seed sprouting or a malignancy growing inside a body).
        To be right for someone, you have to be willing to be wrong for someone else.

Comment

Lush vegetation is what made me doubt my solve. The area I was searching (Rio Chama) is definitely not what I would call lush. In fact when you think about it there really aren't too many areas in the Rocky Mountains that you can describe as being lush. In Colorado (where I live) there are some lush areas between 8,000-9,000 feet elevation. Below that it's too dry and above that it's too cold.

Comment

Originally posted by Redneck Girl View Post
            Lush vegetation is what made me doubt my solve. The area I was searching (Rio Chama) is definitely not what I would call lush. In fact when you think about it there really aren't too many areas in the Rocky Mountains that you can describe as being lush. In Colorado (where I live) there are some lush areas between 8,000-9,000 feet elevation. Below that it's too dry and above that it's too cold.
            Lush = wasted, drunk, tipsy, heavy drinker, alcoholic...it's also (duality of meaning) overgrown, elaborate, abundant.

Comment

Originally posted by JChere
              Under a canopy of stars.. look at the first few scrapbooks.. war heroes, heads of state, famous people..
              Led me to Carson National Forest at first 36, -106 the lines crossed... adjusting to further distances.. oh and a god of thunder.. and so on..
              Started out by finding the rainbow in the poem (Tarry scant with marvel gaze) attacked it at it's weakest point to begin.
              Paddle = porter = janitor, it was also meaning ruler of the people. Napoleon was the reason we have the rocky mountains which the purchase southern border at the time was the 38th parallel - again wwwh.. so no paddle up your creek for me it was for sure south of the 38th.
              Nice, though within the 38th is where the treasure is, at least from my perspective.

Comment

Or warm waters halt at 32 degrees F where water freezes (the southern border of NM). Take the Pecos river canyon down to Brownsville, TX. From there look up (the meek look down). Take Pecos to the end (headwaters). Lush forest of Pecos Wilderness.

Comment

You're not crazy. I was searching in Red Canyon Creek, Montana a week ago and it's very lush there.
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200525_111253432_HDR.jpg Views:	0 Size:	480.0 KB ID:	161806

Comment

My location couldn't be more lush: it's a forest with a fen which is perpetually lush/wet. Great habitat for frogs and dragonflies, and with a pH that inhibits mildew.

Comment

I thought the announcement made it sound like the beautiful spot I imagined it to be. And the "Under the Canopy of stars" makes me think you can see the stars he loves so much from there... (Thinking of the picture of him in his waders with the ax and the stumps).... But what do I know, it could have been under some old log snag by where he liked to sit and think by some main busy street North of Sante Fe...

Comment

Star Valley...Cokeville

Comment

Originally posted by Redneck Girl View Post
                          ...lush, ....you forgot the comma.

Yes, Mr. Fenn plays fast and free with punctuation and gramarg, but a comma after lush is all wrong even for him...as wrong as it is he still had to use it for the centered text! Why?

There's oddity in his choice of words too..
                          they seem more cryptic then poetic..

Something's fishy...

Comment

Originally posted by minotaur_moreno View Post

To Me:
                            4. He promised not to talk about something in Looking for Lewis & Clark
                            Am I crazy?
                            mm
                            If I close my eyes my mind can go there.

Comment

Originally posted by Vestalpatience View Post
                              Star Valley...Cokeville
                              Vestalpatience, you probably already know about the Girl Scouts who died by lightning strike at the Darby Wind Cave. Just found that story a couple of days ago. Heartbreaking. Makes me want to go hike up there and see the memorial.

Comment

Working...
                              X