What if the finder . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GoldenFrog

The only thing we know for sure is, Forrest said, "the poem in my book led him to the precise spot." Anything beyond that is hearsay....
    Ok, that does not mean that person retrieved the treasure. How many people think they accomplished that and have called themselves the LS but have no treasure ?

Comment

Just to expand this theory a little further.

If the "finder" is not sure they are the finder, it achieves a number of objectives for Fenn:
      1. The "finder" is in the same situation as every other searcher, and will suffer the same effects of lack of closure. This ensures a level emotional playing field with no favoritism.
      2. It protects the "finder" from the end-of-play viciousness that seems to lurk beneath the surface among a small minority of searchers (and litigants).
      3. It creates a cliffhanger ending. All the best stories have this element, and so why should Fenn's be any different?
      4. It may allow for the opening of "Pandora's box" at a time that suits Fenn. This may be after he has passed. There may be good reason for this.
      I have no idea whether this is a likely scenario, but it fits my understanding of the chase and the rather idiosyncratic kindness of Forrest Fenn.

Comment

Originally posted by Quest View Post

Ok, that does not mean that person retrieved the treasure. How many people think they accomplished that and have called themselves the LS but have no treasure ?
        Everyone wanted to play the part of LS. I think being the LS and coming up short is worst case scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by voxpops View Post
          ... but it fits my understanding of the chase and the rather idiosyncratic kindness of Forrest Fenn.
          RE: IDIOSYNCRATIC KINDNESS

VP, you're just the straight up P in my book. Over the years you've coined some verbiage and turned some phrases that have tickled me so pink I turned purple.
          "Idiosyncratic Kindness" just may be a list topper.

Comment

What if the finder . . .

actually did earn it?

Comment

Originally posted by lowkey View Post

Everyone wanted to play the part of LS. I think being the LS and coming up short is worst case scenario.
              Musta fumbled the ball at the goal line or sumthin. Poor bastard... I hate it when that happens!

Wah-Wah-Wah-Waaaaaaaaa.

Comment

Originally posted by lowkey View Post

true story.

circa 1994 I was playing a pickup game of roundball at my local YMCA. one of the guys on the court was so short I wondered if he might qualify for the status of "midget."
                The game was 21, which is every man for himself. This little fellow had no chance and hadn't even held the ball until finally one errant shot ricocheted off the glass
                and practically landed in his hands. Eagerly he flung the ball back at the goal, but his shot fell well shy of the basket. His sweaty face turned beet red and he yelled:
                "Short! Story of my gd life!" and with that he ran off the court. Some moments you just never forget.
                Last edited by Tyke (MySon); 07-30-2020, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Star Shadow View Post
                  What if the finder . . .

actually did earn it?
                  Then f would have congradulated the finder. But, f didn't. This tells me the finder got lucky and did not have a correct solve with meaning for each sentence of the poem.

Comment

Originally posted by Trovesearcher1 View Post

Then f would have congradulated the finder. But, f didn't. This tells me the finder got lucky and did not have a correct solve with meaning for each sentence of the poem.
                    I don't think the finder got lucky. Maybe they're just the cautious type and haven't shared everything they have. Not sure what that achieves, but just a different perspective. It would take an absolute miracle for someone to pinpoint the exact spot in such a vast search area. Whoever found it must of had a good number of the lines and clues accounted for. Maybe not 100%, but definitely more than would be attributed to luck.
                    "Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Comment

Originally posted by voxpops View Post
                      . . . doesn't know they're the finder?!

"You've finally lost it, VP - just lie back and take the meds."

Hear me out. Every week a batch of searchers send FF info pertaining to their solutions. The last two or three weeks were probably no different. What if one of those was the correct one, but BOTG had not yet occurred (Covid 19, travel restrictions, domestic issues, etc.)? Do we know whether the chest has been retrieved? We don't - until FF confirms it.

But what about the photo? Going back to the original press story in the SF paper:
                      ' "The guy who found it does not want his name mentioned. He’s from back East," he said, adding that it was confirmed from a photograph the man sent him.'
                      We assume that it's a photo of the chest, but we don't know that - it could be that the confirmation only proves where the guy came from (back East). We assume that it's a recently received photo, but we don't know that.

Certainly, the message from FF on Dal's site seems somewhat cryptic and incomplete, as if there's more to the story than what appears on the surface. Perhaps a number of searchers are wondering if it could be them. It would explain why no one knows who the mystery man is or what his solution might be.

Perhaps this theory will go down in flames when we "Look for more information and photos in the coming days." Or not . . .
                      If the finder doesn't know they're the finder, they're a vegetable who stumbled onto the hidey spot. And maybe their name starts with V. Highly unlikely, but it's fun to imagine, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

If the finder doesn't know they're the finder, they're a vegetable who stumbled onto the hidey spot. And maybe their name starts with V. Highly unlikely, but it's fun to imagine, isn't it?
                        I think your right....name starts with V.....huh........ Viper?... Villain?... Vegemite? An Australian bloke? I knew it... Vill Cipher (aka Bill Cipher)
                        1f

Comment

Originally posted by 5-leaf Blaze View Post
                          Out here, people from "back East" can sometimes mean government.
                          Imagine if the guy is from,let's say "D.C". and the clues "magically" fell on his lap. Vengeance is the Lord's, I hear.

Comment

Originally posted by Cold_Well View Post

I don't think the finder got lucky. Maybe they're just the cautious type and haven't shared everything they have. Not sure what that achieves, but just a different perspective. It would take an absolute miracle for someone to pinpoint the exact spot in such a vast search area. Whoever found it must of had a good number of the lines and clues accounted for. Maybe not 100%, but definitely more than would be attributed to luck.
                            My theory Cold_Well, is, the finder had seen the lead dog somewhere off in the bushes and asked himself what the heck he was doing back there, since to him the location did not make sense. Until proven wrong, this is where I stand.

Comment

The finder needs to run the bases and make the lines cross. He also needs to show proof of his work.
                              Last edited by atticusfinch315; 08-01-2020, 09:52 AM.

Comment

I bet Kendall hasn't worked a day since 2013. Amber on the other hand seemed more motivated. It's likely she may have done something with it, continuing to work. The likelihood of the contents of the chest being completely gone a very long time ago (minus the bracelet Amber kept for herself) is very probable though. Now, since it's used up & they want to continue living the high life, and they see dollar signs again......... Classic greed.

Comment

Working...
                                X