X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if the finder . . .

. . . doesn't know they're the finder?!

"You've finally lost it, VP - just lie back and take the meds."

Hear me out. Every week a batch of searchers send FF info pertaining to their solutions. The last two or three weeks were probably no different. What if one of those was the correct one, but BOTG had not yet occurred (Covid 19, travel restrictions, domestic issues, etc.)? Do we know whether the chest has been retrieved? We don't - until FF confirms it.

But what about the photo? Going back to the original press story in the SF paper:
    ' "The guy who found it does not want his name mentioned. He’s from back East," he said, adding that it was confirmed from a photograph the man sent him.'
    We assume that it's a photo of the chest, but we don't know that - it could be that the confirmation only proves where the guy came from (back East). We assume that it's a recently received photo, but we don't know that.

Certainly, the message from FF on Dal's site seems somewhat cryptic and incomplete, as if there's more to the story than what appears on the surface. Perhaps a number of searchers are wondering if it could be them. It would explain why no one knows who the mystery man is or what his solution might be.

Perhaps this theory will go down in flames when we "Look for more information and photos in the coming days." Or not . . .

So my understanding was that It was a photo of the Jar containing the Biography as well as the treasure...

Comment

Originally posted by 1keyword View Post
      So my understanding was that It was a photo of the Jar containing the Biography as well as the treasure...
      That's interesting. Would you care to share where you found that info?

Comment

Out here, people from "back East" can sometimes mean government.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenFrog
          VP, this is where I am at actually...

I was botg from June 2nd to the 4th. I corresponded with Forrest during this time, and it's obvious from his answers that it had not been found yet.

I cannot reveal my solve until there's absolute proof of the chest being found. I am not going to sit here and blab my mouth about how right I am like many other. All I know is, if I reveal what I know, everyone's mouth will drop open...

I'm patient... I believe Forrest a man of honor...
          I believe Forrest is honorable, too, GoldenFrog. I also agree that it's wise not to claim anything at this stage. Anyway, whatever the final outcome, I hope you had a great BOTG experience!

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenFrog
            VP, this is where I am at actually...

I was botg from June 2nd to the 4th. I corresponded with Forrest during this time, and it's obvious from his answers that it had not been found yet.

I cannot reveal my solve until there's absolute proof of the chest being found. I am not going to sit here and blab my mouth about how right I am like many other. All I know is, if I reveal what I know, everyone's mouth will drop open...

I'm patient... I believe Forrest a man of honor...
            I agree. I don't think anyone can claim the correct solve. There are just too many variables. That said; if the man himself looked at you and said "That's correct" I'd take notice.
            1f

Comment

Originally posted by 1keyword View Post
              I thought I had found such an autobiography. But then decided I was just seeing things.
              I was inscribed in a small rock, in relief, most of it so tiny I needed a magnifying loupe to see it. And it wasn't written in words, but 'illustrations'. Thousands of them. There were so many treasures in there that it was like Indiana Jones having to pick out the grail. Impossible to figure how to get a photo since I never could get its stereographic nature to translate nicely to a 2d photo.
              It would also tarnish after a few minutes in bright light, like a mercury amalgam or.... 'quick'silver. haha. Look quickly down!

If that is the way he wrote it, then at least I have my copy!

Comment

Originally posted by Tess Oreo View Post

I thought I had found such an autobiography. But then decided I was just seeing things.
                I was inscribed in a small rock, in relief, most of it so tiny I needed a magnifying loupe to see it. And it wasn't written in words, but 'illustrations'. Thousands of them. There were so many treasures in there that it was like Indiana Jones having to pick out the grail. Impossible to figure how to get a photo since I never could get its stereographic nature to translate nicely to a 2d photo.
                It would also tarnish after a few minutes in bright light, like a mercury amalgam or.... 'quick'silver. haha. Look quickly down!

If that is the way he wrote it, then at least I have my copy!
                Nice find!

Comment

There was something placed in the chest that was just for the finder,I'm sure this,whatever it was, was one of the pics sent to Fenn.
                  Forrest has always said there was a way he'd know if it was found.He said even after his death there would be away but wouldn't elaborate.
                  If Fenn says it's found the chase is done.The chest is with the finder.
                  Why would anyone find the chest,take pics,leave the chest there and tell Fenn they found it.

Comment

Originally posted by 5-leaf Blaze View Post
                    Out here, people from "back East" can sometimes mean government.
                    man your posts are itching to say something, count me in for intrigue

Comment

Originally posted by voxpops View Post

Nice find!
                      Thanks! I followed the poem where it led. It was the story of the Crystal Ball by Grimm (that isn't the main story for the treasure, just the one at this location)
                      You trick the giants, get to the castle, fight the bull at the spring which let out a fiery bird who gets bumped by the eagle and drops a burning egg (which cannot be allowed to keep burning) and releases the answer inside.

I went to the exact spot where the fiery egg drops on the fisherman's hut before it is quenched by the whale and found:
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	20200608_131312.jpg
Views:	772
Size:	2.06 MB
ID:	161696

Comment

Originally posted by rmx63 View Post
                        There was something placed in the chest that was just for the finder,I'm sure this,whatever it was, was one of the pics sent to Fenn.
                        That sounds plausible, certainly, but what makes you sure? We have had no evidence of that.

If Fenn says it's found the chase is done.The chest is with the finder.
                        That may well be, but that's not what we've been told yet.

Why would anyone find the chest,take pics,leave the chest there and tell Fenn they found it.
                        That's my point, we don't know they did any of those things physically.

Comment

Originally posted by Tess Oreo View Post

Thanks! I followed the poem where it led. It was the story of the Crystal Ball by Grimm (that isn't the main story for the treasure, just the one at this location)
                          You trick the giants, get to the castle, fight the bull at the spring which let out a fiery bird who gets bumped by the eagle and drops a burning egg (which cannot be allowed to keep burning) and releases the answer inside.

I went to the exact spot where the fiery egg drops on the fisherman's hut before it is quenched by the whale and found:
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	20200608_131312.jpg
Views:	772
Size:	2.06 MB
ID:	161696
                          Those magical moments are what made the chase so special!

Comment

Those magical moments are what made the chase so special!
                            It was really special, especially because for most of my hike I was in 2 feet of snow. This place was like an oasis for my cold feet....and also not so slippery like the clay mud area I came through to get to it. (which is also full of trash!)
                            But to get inside the circle this 'nest' lay outside of would be to tie down a bunch of thorny reeds and bushes to make your path inside. It was also very full of snow. I do not think the treasure was here, but I think it hints at why you would not get within 12ft and not find it.

If you are within all those thorns- which are 50ft in diameter- and have dealt with them accordingly, then you KNOW where you are going! No one is stumbling into there.
                            Ouch!

Comment

That sounds plausible, certainly, but what makes you sure? We have had no evidence of that.

That may well be, but that's not what we've been told yet.

That's my point, we don't know they did any of those things physically.
                              What we do know is forrest can make people think what he wants them to think especially when he has others that will elaborate a socalled quote. We have seen much misquoting and taking out of context. I think forrest answers questions out of context using pronouns that actually refer to different people than what the questioner is asking about. Is the person that solved poem the "finder" he now references ? Or is it a retriever he sent to pick up the chest to get this thing over with ? The world may never know !

Comment

Working...
                              X