Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post your solves and theories here, post find!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(Continued)

When I read that I knew what I must do; I must go to the Myriad creek, up in the forest and look for the blaze. Either the treasure have been found, or it's still there. In whichever case; my efforts will be worth the cold.

So what´s the 9 clues? Here's my try:
    1. Warm waters halt, it's the starting point and it's by name. I don't know if the water stops being warm at that point, but the river with the "warm" name stops there and becomes something else. It's also significant for the next clue.
    2. Canyon down is of course in the same direction where the warm water comes from. And naturally, a river doesn't stream upwards, but down. So why didn't he write "Up the canyon", because it's not necesary. Maybe make it a bit harder and get you off track, but not much. But most of all, because the poem should be rhyming.
    3. Not far, but too far to walk is what it is.. be prepared to take other means but to walk to get to the end. Otherwise you'll be walking for 2 days. Not so much of a clue.. but still it is. It's more black on white.. "Get a car!"
    4. The home of Brown is a physical point. It's not a house we know, since none of the clues are asociated with a manmade construction. But yes, it's something related to an actual home, but not being a home itself.... Like the wwwh, it's related by name.
    5. No paddle up your creek. Means litterary what it says, it's a creek that you shouldn't expect to be able to paddle up in. Most likely it's just too small, but there will still be running water.
    6. Heavy loads and water high is exactly that, heavy loads of water pushed up high. So why not use "of" instead of "and"? To make it more mysterious and not too obvious. Still doesn't ruin the poem, just makes it more clever.
    7. The blaze, seems to be the location where the chest is hidden (not burried). Still haven't figured it out yet, could be a play on blast, where water gets blasted out.
    8. Look quickly down. I don't think it's considered a clue, but it is. It means that the chest is placed somewhere where you shouldn't stand around too long. Be quick... or rather, don't take all day.
    9. Tarry scant with marvel gaze. I think it's just the marvels gaze that is a clue. You'll be close to marvels and will have a good view over them to gaze upon.
    10. Worth the cold. Not actually a clue, but just a fact that if you've found the blaze you will be feeling cold afterwards, except for with all the adrenaline perhaps. Could also be irony, that the chest is warm but it will (of course) be worth it.
    11. Brave and in the woods. Well yes, you're up in the woods, not still down by the home of Brown.

---
    November 21, 2019
    So I've figured that I should try to find another solve in the waiting for the summer. This includes of course a different angle on the wwwh, and what I came up with so far is "Simplify". If my current wwwh is correct (who knows), then following the word maybe down the canyon actually means down the canyon(!), and that "Put in below the home of Brown" is a boat term since it's on a river, "put in" would mean to put your feets on the beach after taking the boat (or rafting) trip.
    So I need to figure again what HOB can be down the madison river...
    ---
    November 23, 2019
    I was thinking more about the part of the poem that sayd "No place for the meek" after someone said on the forum in hintofriches.com it could be asociated with "No place for biddies" in the book (TTotC). I think I've contemplated this before, but I think that no place for the meek refers to the smell that could lurk around in yellowstone. I haven't been there, but I've read that it could have a sulfurus "rotten egg" smell around there, so I could imagine "the meek" could have a problem with that.
    I was reading on the dalneizel site under the cheat sheet, that "There isn’t a human trail in very close proximaty to where I hid the treasure". In my solve there's a trail somewhere like 250 meters (800 feet) away from where I think the blaze is. Is that "very close proximaty", or is my solve still valid? 250 meters is pretty far and not "very close".
    ---
    November 29, 2019
    On the youtube-show The hint of riches, kpow mention that the home of Brown could be the home of something that wears brown, like rangers. That would work out with myriad creek is just by the ranger station. So perhaps it's not the geyser that is the brown, but the ranger station. In whichever case the myriad creek is the right way.
    ---
    January 12, 2020
    Read on a webpage about fishing in the Firelhole River:
    The Firehole, in spite of its late temperature tribulations, is still a magnificent trout stream, challenging and difficult as it has always been. It is beautiful and it is unique; the hot springs, geysers and other thermal features that cause its temperature problems also make it minerally rich, which benefits the creatures in it greatly. These thermal features lining its banks have caused both Ernie Schwiebert and National Geographic magazine to call it the strangest trout stream on earth. I guess that makes it official.
    ---
    February 7, 2020
    Last nights show on Cowlazar, they reminded me of a part of the poem. The poem says "put in below the home of Brown." It's not above or after, it's below. The idea of it being the castle geyser and the connection with Grafton Tyler Brown goes out the window. Not that it changes a lot, but still worth knowing.

---
    And that's the end of it.. haven't done any more "hunting" since the start of corona.. and now it's over.
    Last edited by NovaLand; 06-14-2020, 05:33 PM.

Comment

If you’ve been wise and found the blaze,
      Look quickly down your quest to cease,
      But tarry scant with marvel gaze,
      Just take the chest and go in peace.

So this is the second part of the solution.

If you've been South East North Dakota found the AZ (Omega) (ff) New Effington..... look quickly down your quest to South East (Barry) (Marvin) ( Effington) also found in another part of solve. the other omega (ff)
      A complete trip around the world is required to solve the poem. I know where it was. I JUST GOT BEAT...Loosing kinda sucks...lol
      I may release the full solve and location, not sure yet.

Google Corona South Dakota, look around you will see what I did. It is all there.

Comment

Paul Bunyans Boot is the blaze. i can go on all day and point things out in fs words that will make you marvel gaze.

Hopefully you'll see for yourself.
        If it's not been ruined.

Paul Bunyan - American/Canadian logger from folklore.

Axe marks the spot

Paul Bunyans Boot

CANT HOOK
        A cant hook or cant dog is a traditional logging tool consisting of a wooden lever handle with a movable metal hook called a dog at one end. woof!
        https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cant_hook

CANT
        Secret language of Gypsys
        Tarri s Cant
        https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cant_(language)
        https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shelta

HOOK
        (authorship) A gimmick or element of a creative work intended to be attention-grabbing for the audience; a compelling idea for a story that will be sure to attract people's attention.
        https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/hook

See Foundry & Persian rug videos for the Cant Sir in action.

Sandwich - Sound switch - Bun
        Throw my bicycle in the waters high > sigh cyc
        Quick foot, clip clop, marvel gaze - Cyclops
        lops (bunny ears - bun-y-an)

Bring a good map (random net pic)
        Look quickly down > down on your luck > holey shoes
        look quickly down to the spot

The land is forestry or park land (sorry if terminology is incorrect) and when it was bought there was a clause by The MacGregor Ranch to retain ownership, so it's still technically private land/charitable trust, hence the legal advice.
        https://www.reporterherald.com/2019/...es-park-ranch/

I don't know the other answers to the clues (or if all the clues have are same answer) but once i had aha'd 'boots' in passages from TarryScant and discovered 'warp & woof' i went right to PBB, i'd looked at it early on and it felt special, then when the connections were made in my mind, i went straight back to it and it fit perfectly.

wynwyn situation.

What does several mean?
        Severed (leg)
        Warp: a quantity of fish, usually 4 but sometimes 3 or 5 or even 2

Here's some of my homemade cantlings.

Quick footed to the blaze, if my luck improves i will lift the cover on the whole thing, but i cant get my gadjes to boot.

Either that or i'll go play golf with a 7 Iron and have a ball, see if i cant get a hole in one.

Or for a change have a tea, but time goes at warp speed, and the hounds are barking. Hardly get any peace to loaf around.

We're all on tenterhooks, but do not chuck a paddy, i'm like Dumbo at the races on Derby day and the truth is i'm beautiful and harmless.
        Just a few more miles on the map to go on this well trodden path of ours and it'll all start tumbling down. Might have a drink at Tony's Bar to celebrate when I log out.

This all fell into place 2 or 3 days before the find, i emailed f about 10 times i was so excited, but i was hacked and the hacker started acting menacing.
        Ask a certain Sherif (my friend) because i thought it was 'him' but was too afraid to ask because i didn't know where my communications were going, who was who and what the intentions were.
        When you get texts like Gangs of London - watch out & Zodiac Killer it becomes troubling.

I've got loads more on the blaze and how to interpret f words, i've been banging on about Tarri Cant for a long time, people here will vouch for that.

Hear me all and listen good, if you are brave and in the wood
        Awl - Pawl - Paw - Paul
        Brave + Indian > Bindian
        Brave > Rave > Raving > Barking
        Wood (see awl) - Woof (see paw)
        Hush puppies > shoe > boot
        + more

Holey Shoe it's Paul Bunyans Boot

Sod the hackers and the mind games and the death threats, i've worked solid for 2.5 years, whatever will be will be.

If you can read fs words you don't need the other clues - 'A stitch in time saves nine'

F started at the blaze and so did i.

No body's going to stumble over it
        Know lege will ether
        Only the phantom knows.

What was that about a miracle?

Cheers
        Scott
        Last edited by BiggishShoes; 06-13-2020, 07:29 AM.

Comment

The Logical 5olution
          Logically gold is in the ground so it must be buried. Plus one could call it a Yellowstone so I would start north.
          Google map Brown and out of the possibilities narrow down the search with knowing a tarry scant is a geological formation on a peak of the mountain.
          Look for the mountain
          Mountain art
          Do you see it?
          Christ0pher B.
          6-1 .244274,-
          Helicopter there was a shooting 2 dead.Boom
          4x.188292,-11x.771608
          Last edited by Hansolo; 07-02-2020, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hansolo View Post
            knowing a terry scant is a geological formation on a peak of the mountain.
            Look for the mountain
            Mountain art
            Do you see it?
            Click image for larger version

Name:	20200608_115945.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	3.81 MB
ID:	170847

Comment

Looks like the Cheshire cat grinning.

Comment

BiggishShoes:

None of the links work on this post. I'm Interested in seeing them.

Thanks,
                M

Originally posted by BiggishShoes View Post
                Paul Bunyans Boot is the blaze. i can go on all day and point things out in fs words that will make you marvel gaze.

Hopefully you'll see for yourself.
                If it's not been ruined.

Paul Bunyan - American/Canadian logger from folklore.

Axe marks the spot

Paul Bunyans Boot

CANT HOOK
                A cant hook or cant dog is a traditional logging tool consisting of a wooden lever handle with a movable metal hook called a dog at one end. woof!
                https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cant_hook

CANT
                Secret language of Gypsys
                Tarri s Cant
                https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cant_(language)
                https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shelta

HOOK
                (authorship) A gimmick or element of a creative work intended to be attention-grabbing for the audience; a compelling idea for a story that will be sure to attract people's attention.
                https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/hook

See Foundry & Persian rug videos for the Cant Sir in action.

Sandwich - Sound switch - Bun
                Throw my bicycle in the waters high > sigh cyc
                Quick foot, clip clop, marvel gaze - Cyclops
                lops (bunny ears - bun-y-an)

Bring a good map (random net pic)
                Look quickly down > down on your luck > holey shoes
                look quickly down to the spot

Cheers
                Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Duster View Post
                  Looks like the Cheshire cat grinning.
                  Remember the story of Dr Coulter and the bear smiling back at him from across the river?

Comment

The chest is found. The solution is not.
                    So why are we giving all of this power to the finder.? This is our chase. Let's take it back and solve the poem before he can capitalize any further. He is already rich.

Let work together and defend Forrests honor by proving this was as simple as he said it was. He obviously cannot tell us the answer or I'm sure he would. We should be able to agree on the solution if we heard it.

Many of you have spoke about us working together so could we try that?

So I offer a solid starting point. A very literal solution curated from definitions and common sense. No stretching of anything. All clues easily married together on a map. I am not the finder but I have gone BOTG and might just be the solver.

I believe the chest was in Lory State Park in Fort Collins, Colorado. It was beside a Shadowy Figure you can clearly see on Google Earth.

40°34'46"N 105°12'00"W

I have posted my full solve on Insta and tried to make it easily understood. I would hope our community and all of our 1000's of hours of research could add many more clues to this already solid solve . So again let's work together. We got this.

www.instagram.com/letsfinishthechase

Let's share this and bring it home. I, like you all, just want this to end.

Comment

• NovaLand ,
                      none of the clues are asociated with a manmade construction.
                      Fenn didn't actually say that. He said the treasure itself isn't associated with any structure. The only man made construction he ruled out as a clue was a dam.

Best,
                      -Slashy

Comment

• I put this in my video thread but I'll add it here as well to the list of solutions...

Warm waters halt, paradoxically, where they begin. The Gulf of Mexico (the gulf stream "waters") are the warm waters, and they "halt" at the headwaters of any major river or possibly tributary that eventually flows into the Gulf of Mexico. Specifically, the one we want is the Arkansas river.

Take it in the canyon down, we take the "it" (the Arkansas river) into the canyon down, which means south in this case.

Not far but too far to walk simply means to cross the river

Put in (cross the river) below the Home of Brown. The clue that everyone missed for 10 years was simply right above them. Aspen Ridge is above you as you enter Browns Canyon, and it is the long sought Home of Brown.

From there it's no place for the meek. Browns Canyon was/is a designated wilderness area, thus you are in no place for the meek from here out.

The end is ever drawing nigh. There is a "draw" (geographic term) on your nigh or left side right when you cross the river and go left.

They'll be no paddle up your creek. The draw is also the creek, hence the semicolon, and the creek itself (Cottonwood creek) is a dry creek.

Just heavy loads...as in the bed load, otherwise know as the heavy load in a creek bed, which is what you are walking on.

And water high. I believe water high is a cottonwood tree(s). The white fluff that comes down from a cottonwood tree that resembles snow when it falls is the water high.

"Been wise" is possibly sagebrush, maybe someplace along the path you just walked, and the blaze is whatever FF's marker was that IMO only the finder will know for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoSlash27 View Post
                          NovaLand ,
                          Fenn didn't actually say that. He said the treasure itself isn't associated with any structure. The only man made construction he ruled out as a clue was a dam.

Best,
                          -Slashy
                          I agree that Forrest's statement on the Today Show was specific to the treasure location (with some vagueness on how far away the nearest structure would have to be to no longer be considered "associated"). One searcher did try (unsuccessfully) to pin down Forrest on that statement:

MW Q&A (6/30/2014): “Mr. Fenn, when you said not associated with any structure did that mean all 9 clues or just where the chest sits? Thanks, d”

FF: “Yes d, it means the treasure is not hidden in or about a structure. Google “structure” for more information. f"

Link: http://mysteriouswritings.com/questi...-of-the-chase/

So Forrest answered an "OR" question with "Yes," followed by language that addresses the latter option since he specifies "treasure is not hidden." Note that this does not rule out the possibility that none of the clues are associated with a manmade structure. He's not addressing that; he's just clarifying the intent of his original statement, and that only addressed the immediate area of the treasure chest.

Still, we have Cynthia's Meachum's personal account of a conversation she had with Forrest back when she was using a CCC cabin as her "home of Brown," along with two others searchers with similar accounts:

From Cynthia:
                          “In my book which was published the beginning of Oct, 2017, I wrote on page 23 a “postscript” about a conversation I had with ff soon after one of my treasure hunts in Sept 2014. Here are my words from the book: ‘Not long after this, I met Forrest at Collected Works Book Store in Santa Fe. And once again, I enthusiastically relayed this search story to him. When I discussed the CCC cabin as being the ‘home of Brown,’ he immediately said, ‘Don’t you remember, I said it can’t be associated with a structure.’ Hmmm… does that mean NONE of the clues can be associated with a structure? Later I talked to a local woman who used an Indian ruin as her home of Brown… she confirmed he reminded her of the same statement: ‘The hidden treasure is not associated with any structure’ … period! IMO (in my opinion) he is saying NONE of the nine clues can be associated with a structure.

“I promised the local woman who lives near Santa Fe I mentioned in my book that I would not reveal her name (she told me her conversation at Fennboree 2016) and then a trustworthy long-time searcher who never posts on any blogs emailed me privately during the hoD debacle last fall that ff told him once that NONE of the nine clues can be a structure. This confirmed my assumption from ff’s conversation with me at the Book Store… None of the nine clues can be a structure.”
                          Link: http://www.chasingfennstreasure.com/...ture-firestorm

Yes, this is all second-hand information, but the consistency from independent parties adds some weight to its veracity. I trust Cynthia (and Dal) as much as I trust Forrest. And really, it would be risky for Forrest to have designed any of the clues to be dependent upon manmade structures if the hunt could potentially last decades.

Comment

• "Might have a drink at Tony's Bar to celebrate when I log out."

BiggishShoes, are you still in the area or coming back anytime soon? Let's meet at Tony's and chat. Dinner is on me. Ft Fun or the Springs?

Comment

• Could I be the solver? I guess it is worth a shot to at least put it out there. I found out about Forrest's chase in mid November 2019 after losing my job in October. I read about it on Facebook of all places. I read the poem and thought sure i can do this. At the begining of my search I wrote down the poem and read it every day. I watched every interview I could find of Forrest. I took notes on everything he said even if he had said it before. He was very repetitive. I watched endless hours of Cowlazers on YouTube. I was doing all the research by myself as my family really didn't think it was real.

From the middle of November until early January 2020 I flew solo on Google Earth. I got stuck in Wyoming at Sinks canyon for two weeks in December. I just could not leave that spot. Christmas was at the very least thin and finances were stretched to the max. I was getting frustrated. I finally let go of the Wyoming area after Christmas and began searching in New Mexico.

Here is where everything took a huge turn! One morning in early January I realized that I had been relying on myself and didn't even think to ask God for help. That Tuesday morning I sat in my recliner and prayed that God would help me. I can't really explain how God made eveything quickly falling into place. Each morning God woke me up with a new view of the clues. By Thursday I was focusing on only one area White Rock, New Mexico.

I mailed the solve to Forrest on January 13th with a special Native American gift. The rest is history. I have been so blessed to be a part of the Chase. It came into my life at a very dark time and gave me hope. I now have a stronger relationship with God and a peace that meer words can not describe. Each day is new and I hope to never waste another on unimportant things.

Show love to those around you as often as you can because no one is guaranteed a tomorrow.

Duster

Comment

• Begin it: Begin your flight
                                WWWH: Air Force Academy
                                TIITCD: Red Rock Canyon Open Space
                                HoB: Cheyenne Mountain Zoo
                                NPFTM/TEIEDN: Cheyenne Mountain Complex
                                HL&WH: Munitions & Vapor Trail
                                Blaze: Wrecked Academy Training Jet (T-33)

Chest: Cheyenne Mountain State Park
                                below the Dragon's Backbone, just off the North Talon Trail overlook, along the Limekiln drainage/creek bank

Comment

Working...
                                X