X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not Associated With A Structure

Just read a solve over on Reddit
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FindingFenn...is_thing_have/

What blew me away was the logic of the following conversation.

Rmccar21
    Didn't he also say the clues weren't based off man made structures, so that would discount a few of these?

Not4but242Walk
    The chest's hiding spot is not associated with any man made structures, not the clues.

Rmccar21
    No need to dig up the old outhouses, the treasure is not associated with any structure”. Read into that how you may, but I read that as the treasure and its clues are not tied to any structure.

Not4but242Walk
    Well, there is no reason to dig at any of the clue locations, except perhaps the final one, so I certainly wouldn't read it that way.
    You guys might have already thought that, but i hadn't.
    It puts the 'all clues/final clue' structure question to bed for me.

Originally posted by BiggishShoes View Post
    Just read a solve over on Reddit
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FindingFenn...is_thing_have/

What blew me away was the logic of the following conversation.

You guys might have already thought that, but i hadn't.
    It puts the 'all clues/final clue' structure question to bed for me.

Ill take it on....
    There has been much discussion concerning what ff meant by his statement... Initially we learned from Dal that ff felt forced into that statement from the Today Show when he made the statement.... He was wanting to rule out outhouses but the Today Show did not want to mention toilets...etc..... But since that airing ff has given additional guidance and when people call it into question, he becomes upset.... Yes he stated it is not associated with any structure... He has further defined that as it is not in or about a structure.... So as you research the topic you will find that a structure is basically anything including an atom... But viewing synonyms it is a building or edifice... This is wide open and subject to your own interpretation.... As you define things such as bridges you find that they are superstructures... But under a bridge would not necessarily be in or about and if none of the clues are associated with the bridge then how can that qualify.... I have concluded that buildings are out..... all man-made structures are questionable..... but it is like WWWH.... you won't know until the treasure is found! And if your point is buried / not..... well again until you find it?
    Last edited by Coinaster; 05-22-2020, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Coinaster View Post

Ill take it on....
      !
      I was big on ruins at one time, f being tricky as a ruin is not a structure. I would count being under a bridge as in or about.
      For me the point of the post was to highlight the structure question being answered by 'digging up outhouses' - the only time you might have to dig is after the final clue.
      Do you think it clears that one up? I'm not quite understanding if you are for or against the idea (or neither)

Comment

Originally posted by BiggishShoes View Post

I was big on ruins at one time, f being tricky as a ruin is not a structure. I would count being under a bridge as in or about.
        For me the point of the post was to highlight the structure question being answered by 'digging up outhouses' - the only time you might have to dig is after the final clue.
        Do you think it clears that one up? I'm not quite understanding if you are for or against the idea (or neither)
        Doesn't answer.... But the poem does if you know how to read it! It is all about the poem....

Comment

well there goes my latest solve.

amazing how many quotes we can learn and then forget.

Comment

Okay... a structure... let‘s concentrate on the above mentioned bridge! Please let me know at which point it starts to be a structure:

1. A tree falls... its main trunk is falling over a creek
            2. I cut a tree... its main trunk is -by chance- falling over a creek
            3. I cut a tree... I calculate the cut to make the tree fall over the creek
            4. like 3., but from that moment I use the tree to get over the creek
            5. I cut a tree and saw off all branches. I place the log over a creek
            6. like 5., but from that moment I use the log to get over the creek
            7. like 5., but I had prepared a strong foundation to put the log on... it will last for a long time!
            8. I cut several trees and cut them to a load of boards. I use the boards to build a bridge over the creek
            9. wood is not strong and long lasting enough! I build a steel-reinforced concrete-bridge over the creek

Where does it start to be a structure? I don‘t think he wanted to tell us about a limit! He wanted to let us think and get to the conclusion that -still- everything is possible! Our imagination should tell us where we‘re crossing a line... be cool, think, imagine... that‘s all, no? Hmmmm...
            „It‘s almost impossible to carry the torch of truth through a crowd without singeing somebody‘s beard.“
            G. C. Lichtenberg

Comment

i got tired of googling words a long time ago.
              my #1 Chase rule is to trust what Mr. Fenn and what he says.
              my #2-12 rules are to never trust what Mr. Fenn says.
              I follow all my rules.
              I also break them.
              everything is simple until you look deeper.
              then it gets more complex
              and more complex
              and curiouser and curiouser and curiouser stil
              until eventually, you peer deep enough into the complex
              and you see something simple.
              eternal return.
              definition is the end of discovery.
              throw your dictionaries away
              (but still use Wiktionary, folks! cause words are important and fun!)
              but are they structures?!!! :-P

all i know is that a kid could solve it.
              kids know no structure till it's shoved down their throat.
              and for this reason and others (see rules 2-12)
              over the years i've emailed mr. fenn various PICTURES of myself
              on structures, in structures, about structures
              a few times even digging up structures (oops, sorry, i got carried away)
              mainly just to remind him that his treasure
              is the Chase, and that treasure is wherever
              you seek it, which is to say, it knows no structures.

now if you'll excuse me, i'm late to a fabulous party where warm waters halt.
              and i just can't decide whether to bring lemons or blueberries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNZhmqKP27E

Comment

Originally posted by Tyke (MySon) View Post
                i got tired of googling words a long time ago.
                my #1 Chase rule is to trust what Mr. Fenn and what he says.
                my #2-12 rules are to never trust what Mr. Fenn says.
                I follow all my rules.
                I also break them.
                everything is simple until you look deeper.
                then it gets more complex
                and more complex
                and curiouser and curiouser and curiouser stil
                until eventually, you peer deep enough into the complex
                and you see something simple.
                eternal return.
                definition is the end of discovery.
                throw your dictionaries away
                (but still use Wiktionary, folks! cause words are important and fun!)
                but are they structures?!!! :-P

all i know is that a kid could solve it.
                kids know no structure till it's shoved down their throat.
                and for this reason and others (see rules 2-12)
                over the years i've emailed mr. fenn various PICTURES of myself
                on structures, in structures, about structures
                a few times even digging up structures (oops, sorry, i got carried away)
                mainly just to remind him that his treasure
                is the Chase, and that treasure is wherever
                you seek it, which is to say, it knows no structures.

now if you'll excuse me, i'm late to a fabulous party where warm waters halt.
                and i just can't decide whether to bring lemons or blueberries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNZhmqKP27E
                I'd take Huckleberries !!

Comment

But he said he was an architect and they design...structures. I feel like a Rat chasing a block of cheese in a squirrel cage.

Comment

Working...
                  X