Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Important Literature... It points to Wyoming or Montana... Period.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Important Literature... It points to Wyoming or Montana... Period.

After this many years, I question anyones intelligence who doesn’t believe so.

Well, unless this is a terrible puzzle and f is looking to punish the people who are really trying to solve it and figure out things one step under the surface, that is.

mm
    Last edited by minotaur_moreno; 05-18-2020, 10:31 AM.

Originally posted by minotaur_moreno View Post
    Important Literature... It point’s to Wyoming or Montana... Period.

mm
    Nope.
    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
    --Arthur Schopenhauer--

Comment

Absolutely. You've got to get under that surface layer and its obvious - if its not up there then the hunt shouldn't even count. It its not up there it wasn't even worth the time and Fenn is a shallow puddle indeed. The 200 footer was up there so how could anyone think they should search elsewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by Must Listengood View Post
        Absolutely. You've got to get under that surface layer and its obvious - if its not up there then the hunt shouldn't even count. It its not up there it wasn't even worth the time and Fenn is a shallow puddle indeed. The 200 footer was up there so how could anyone think they should search elsewhere?
        Lol wow f u shallow puddle u

Comment

Important Literature... It point’s to Wyoming or Montana... Period.

Well, unless this is a terrible puzzle and f is looking to punish the people who are really trying to solve it and figure out things one step under the surface, that is.

mm
          a camp for questionable intelligence...my kinda place

Comment

It only seems logical that the TC is near the WY/MT border. I can't wait for this area to fully open up!! My boots need mountain air again!!

Comment

Originally posted by Moody Chameleon View Post
              It only seems logical that the TC is near the WY/MT border. I can't wait for this area to fully open up!! My boots need mountain air again!!
              I would maybe broaden that a little to the NE corner of YNP. SG entrance to the LRV. It's there...

Comment

mm
                Please explain this "position you seem to have taken".

Comment

Originally posted by Moody Chameleon View Post
                  Please explain your logic. So far, it looks fuzzy to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Must Listengood View Post
                    until you get under the layer that's under the surface... there are clues (9 of them) and then there are hints in the poem as well my opinion is the clues have to be in order but no one has said that the hints have to be. hints that lead to place names some obscure and old, some new.. some ancient language and mythology stuff that ties nicely with place names and events in park history. "As I" has a purpose as well.... this thing is well done and an epic poem for levels of content and how much got crammed into it and hidden in plain sight, right down to how Forrest signs his quotes... if you've been wise.
                    Last edited by 1keyword; 05-18-2020, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Well for sure if it's not in WY or MT then we know with certainty that it must be in CO or NM.

I plan to eventually search all four search states so it really doesn't matter to me which state I might or might not find it in someday.

Comment

mm
                        Justin,

You may interpret that the chapter, Important Literature, is pointing towards Montana or Wyoming, but does that then mean that the treasure has to be located there?

I could say that the chapter Tea with Olga is pointing towards New Mexico, and anyone who thinks different I would question their intelligence, but that doesn't mean that the treasure must be in New Mexico.

And I wouldn't infer that Forrest would be trying to punish people who are really trying to solve this, he just wants to ensure the finder "earns" it.

Seannm
                        Last edited by Seannm; 05-20-2020, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Sorry, I just must not be that smart.. I couldn't find a connection in important literature I would be more apt that a connection to Wyoming or Montana would be found in 'in love with Yellowstone, othrwise all I saw was f going to a book store a couple times while it rained...

Comment

I never understood how j d Salinger’s death was January
                            27 2010 and the publishing date in my book was earlier than that
                            there might be a simple explanation that I not aware of
                            any thoughts on that

Comment

Originally posted by Old blue View Post
                              I never understood how j d Salinger’s death was January
                              27 2010 and the publishing date in my book was earlier than that
                              there might be a simple explanation that I not aware of
                              any thoughts on that
                              From LurkerMike's Forrest Fenn Timeline on Harry's

- 2010, Jan 27 ..(79): J.D. Salinger rode west into the sunset (see TTOTC page 11 reference)
                              - 2010, Oct 25 (80): Published TTOTC, thus unleashing the Chase on a world of searchers who would eventually find humbling experiences instead of the chest

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/chas...ine-t2611.html

I forget where I believe Forrest said he worked on the TTOTC just a few short months, like around 6 months give or take, I forgot the exact number of months. Some of the "chapters" were already written as articles that had already been published in other places and perhaps he had written other chapters that had not been published which probably sped up the process at least a little.

Some searchers have said, and Smell the Sunshine repeated this as well on one of his awesome videos on his FennTube channel, that Salinger's death at age 91 may have been what motivated Forrest to finally git 'er done.

Comment

Working...
                              X