Toe to Toe vs Head to Head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toe to Toe vs Head to Head

The purpose of human toe nails has nothing to do with toe to toe. I think there is one hint.....and it’s only in the title.....and it’s kind of a weird competition. In the last scrapbook Forrest was tossing a head of lettuce back and forth with Ellert, and he went head to head with that Beery guy. I feel like he’s been hinting at head to head and toe to toe, which really is just a battle between two people. So is the battle between two searchers nearing the end gates, or Fenn and a searcher?

He also recently said a new searcher with fresh eyes could fine the treasure. But that person was “LostChaser.” Interesting characters being developed here. And there is the third character....named Covid......who could completely change the outcome of this hunt.

Toenails? As a contest. Who woulda thought it?
    Last edited by Copper; 05-17-2020, 07:41 PM.

Interesting

Comment

that makes me want to do an about-face....

Comment

Originally posted by Copper View Post
        The purpose of human toe nails has nothing to do with toe to toe. I think there is one hint.....and it’s only in the title.....and it’s kind of a weird competition. In the last scrapbook Forrest was tossing a head of lettuce back and forth with Ellert, and he went head to head with that Beery guy. I feel like he’s been hinting at head to head and toe to toe, which really is just a battle between two people. So is the battle between two searchers nearing the end gates, or Fenn and a searcher?

He also recently said a new searcher with fresh eyes could fine the treasure. But that person was “LostChaser.” Interesting characters being developed here. And there is the third character....named Covid......who could completely change the outcome of this hunt.

"You" is an interesting word. I could be in a room with two other people and refer to each, individually, as "You" or I could refer to both of them, simultaneously (collectively?), as "You".
        For example,
        Me: (addressing Other Person 1 (OP1)): What time will you be home this afternoon?

OP1: "Four o'clock. Maybe four-thirty."
        Me: (addressing Other Person 2 (OP2)): What time will you be home this afternoon?

OP2: "Four-thirty, maybe five o'clock"

Me: "Okay. How do you feel about dinner at six?"

OP1: "Fine by me."

OP2: "Cool."
        Now, try applying that concept to Forrest's reply and see if you think he could be addressing two people, first each individually with each of the first two sentences, then both, collectively, when he writes, "Good luck to you."
        Dear LostChaser, The treasure has not been found so coming late to the search has not hurt you. You may even have an advantage because your mind is fresh with new ideas. When the time is right please hunt safe. Good luck to you. f

In my mind, it works when I consider the word "you" appearing consecutively, at the end of the first sentence and to start the second sentence. As I read the sentences, I just make note of the two "yous" and it is reinforced by the introduction of the word "even" because when I think of the word "even" I think of even numbers and I always start with 2. So I have 2 "Yous". Then, of course, I think of this, which could only give confirmation to the idea that two people other than Forrest are involved: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hu8tX2BAD1k

For me, it's not so much a "battle", rather I see it as an "engagement". Perhaps Forrest is indicating that someone has married the poem to a map.

Peace, and good luck to you!

Orion

Comment

Originally posted by ORION View Post

"You" is an interesting word. I could be in a room with two other people and refer to each, individually, as "You" or I could refer to both of them, simultaneously (collectively?), as "You".
          For example,
          Me: (addressing Other Person 1 (OP1)): What time will you be home this afternoon?

Me: (addressing Other Person 2 (OP2)): What time will you be home this afternoon?

Now, try applying that concept to Forrest's reply and see if you think he could be addressing two people, first each individually with each of the first two sentences, then both, collectively, when he writes, "Good luck to you."
          Dear LostChaser, The treasure has not been found so coming late to the search has not hurt you. You may even have an advantage because your mind is fresh with new ideas. When the time is right please hunt safe. Good luck to you. f

In my mind, it works when I consider the word "you" appearing consecutively, at the end of the first sentence and to start the second sentence. As I read the sentences, I just make note of the two "yous" and it is reinforced by the introduction of the word "even" because when I think of the word "even" I think of even numbers and I always start with 2. So I have 2 "Yous". Then, of course, I think of this, which could only give confirmation to the idea that two people other than Forrest are involved: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hu8tX2BAD1k

For me, it's not so much a "battle", rather I see it as an "engagement". Perhaps Forrest is indicating that someone has married the poem to a map.

Orion
          Regardless of someone having pooh-poohed the concept of "marrying the poem to a map", I tink Fenn knows this person has correctly solved the poem and will soon find the chest.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

Regardless of someone having pooh-poohed the concept of "marrying the poem to a map", I tink Fenn knows this person has correctly solved the poem and will soon find the chest.
            Why does Someone always have to spoil things for Others?

Could Someone Else please tell Someone to be nice. I'm sure Others would appreciate it.

O.

Comment

For example,

Orion
              You you....double you...W...I can keep my secret W Here.
              All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
              --Arthur Schopenhauer--

Comment

Originally posted by Anna Graham View Post

You you....double you...W...I can keep my secret W Here.
                Nice.

O.

Comment

Here's the toes and heads connection

https://inspectapedia.com/structure/...oe_Nailing.php

Comment

Someone catching up to the lead person any faster than the lead person originally solved it- is a FRAUD!
                    Hahaha... NO. I would never buy that- it must mean something else. Sad to see that doubt in the one true LS (lol) has been planted.
                    Last edited by 5-leaf Blaze; 05-17-2020, 10:25 PM.
                    Questing song:
                    The Beatles "I'll Be Back"
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K9Ij6VmOD4

Comment

Why does Someone always have to spoil things for Others?

Could Someone Else please tell Someone to be nice. I'm sure Others would appreciate it.

O.
                      He's only having fun..let it go.

Comment

Originally posted by OH!!
                        Toe To Toe = ET too toe, is before 11:59 pm, May 25th. (estimated time to BOTG) The grand prize is issued at midnight and it's a pumpkin!
                        Very wise.
                        All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
                        --Arthur Schopenhauer--

Comment

'"As I have gone alone in there"? "there" implies a destination or entering into a state of aloness.. or seclusion? smell's Osbourneish to me... and "with my treasures bold'? bold for TREASURES as in emphasis on that word, and plural for more than one treasure? do both have to be monetary? or could one be indulgence and the other be something else of value like love of nature, western art and history, native american artifacts and culture, family, Forrest health etc.. what part of the Rockies incorporates all of those items into one neat little package just in the first stanza alone before you even get to that first clue...?

"I can keep my secrete where" reeks of a question to us but implies an answer as well followed by a hint.. a hint of riches new and old? that narrows things down alot.................alot!
                          Last edited by 1keyword; 05-17-2020, 10:54 PM.

Comment

Comment

Maybe it’s a different kinda competition like going toe to toe in a spiritual battle with the devil. That reminds me of a song from down in Georgia...

https://youtu.be/sh7BZf7D5Bw

Comment

Working...
                              X