No announcement yet.

Toe to Toe ....a new challenge from f.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toe to Toe ....a new challenge from f.

https://dalneitzel.com/2020/05/16/toe-quiz/
    If you don't know what I'm not talkin' about, then just don't pay me no nevermind ... mountain digger

some toes like to JAM,
    so maybe they need a protective lid.

I prefer my friend KREG
    he does a mean JIG.
    Also quite the angler.
    His fishing hole's a secret
    somewhere deep in the pocket.
    When he's alone he sings the blues.

i dunno. something like that.
    Last edited by Tyke (MySon); 05-17-2020, 12:47 AM.

Comment

it weirds me out whenever i hear about "toes."

because one time back in high school during the summer,

my best buddy and i were headed on a fishing trip

we pulled down a little country road

and sitting right in the middle of that road

there was a blood red Igloo cooler

it was so random. out of place. deliberately placed?

we had to get out and check it out.

i couldn't bare to

so my buddy opened the lid.

i'll never forget how quickly his body sprang back

as he shrieked.

inside that igloo cooler, on ice, there was ...

a severed human TOE.

not knowing what to do,

we called a TOE TRUCK!

sorry. i had to.

Comment

Hu Man Toe, brother of Fu Man Chu from Ho Chi Minh

Comment

I believe God gave us toe nails to insure we would NEVER wear socks. Have you ever seen your feet fight with the seam? It's a sweaty suffocating death defying feet!

Comment

Toe Nails

They keep squishy toes safe from blows

They are like hats for your toes

If you like you can paint them all pretty

Then dance to a fine little ditty

Comment

Good for climbing trees

Comment

Good for being the weirdsest things affected by coronavirus.
                Questing song:
                The Beatles "I'll Be Back"
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K9Ij6VmOD4

Comment

My answer has an imaginative story hidden among the words That everyone should be able to recognize.

Comment

Originally posted by willynilly View Post
                    Toe Nails

They keep squishy toes safe from blows

They are like hats for your toes

If you like you can paint them all pretty

Then dance to a fine little ditty
                    Agreed

Comment

Yea, I've noticed a few of my comments get past over on his site.. I just noticed my quiz answer hasn't been posted either... maybe I'll post it here later .. it's no earth shattering thing.. I just told the story of the little piggies in different words.. that grown-ups could relate too..

Comment

Toenails are protector of extreme extremities.
                        They protect the ends of toes the same as fingernails.
                        Providing an outlet for usage of excess calcium to stop bone growth in perpetuity.

Comment

Originally posted by mountain digger View Post

From Harry's:
                          https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/chas...04.html#p59738

TheHiddenOne wrote:
                          Time for a new game huh? Forrest is fixing to go Toe to Toe with the Lead Hunter. The winner will be judged to have the most vivid imagination. Oh and there will be a prize at the end. L.H. try and imagine what the prize will be. What in the world has Forrest put in that box??? What fate awaits?
                          This is getting serious now...cuts to the quick of things.
                          No one really thought this was about toes did they?

>>>>>>>>>

I think the new game is being played out before our very eyes as Forrest and the Hunter go "toe to toe" and "shoulder to shoulder"
                          Shoulder to shoulder and bolder and bolder,
                          They grow as they go to the fore.
                          Then there's nothing in the world can halt or mar a plan,
                          When stout-hearted men can stick together man to man.

Not playing against each other, but playing with, as Forrest and the Hunter share words, images and stories that, if followed precisely, will lead to the end of a rainbow.

As they continue to play, whispers may no longer be necessary as their communication has evolved to a point where it is all happening on the boards, for all to see but few to understand.
                          fore, noun; a noticeable or public position. The fore is also the front, or a position at the front.

If true, it may be interesting to look back and see just how bold these men became, how far they pushed, without giving it away.

Peace,

Orion

#morepopcorn
                          Last edited by ORION; 05-17-2020, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Two feet away, but where?

Comment

I have to respectfully disagree.

I don't think ff and ls are going "toe to toe"
                              because this isn't a Rumble in the Jungle (remember Fenn got rid of the 'Tarzan' moniker)
                              and while Thrilla in Manila comes closer in terms of a blind eye and all-out endurathon, the reality is, that fight was a politically motivated distraction ...
                              and the Chase, so far as I can see, is an authentic and flourishing domestic affair with no ties to the Philippines.

and next, ff and ls won't be able to stand shoulder to shoulder until the thing is done. that's just a fact of the arrangement.

now i don't know about you, but when i read about "counting toes" (a toe-tally as someone recently put it),
                              my mind immediately jumps to a story of origins, which is of course ...

TOM THUMB (as the whole "counting children's toes" motif had its beginnings in the myth of Tom Thumb ...)

Origins[edit]

In 1728, the first line of the rhyme appeared in a medley called "The Nurses Song". The first known full version was recorded in The Famous Tommy Thumb's Little Story-Book, published in London about 1760. In this book, the rhyme goes:[3]

This pig went to market,
                              That pig stayed home;
                              This pig had roast meat,
                              That pig had none;
                              This pig went to the barn's door,
                              And cried week, week for more.[4]

The full rhyme continued to appear, with slight variations, in many late 18th- and early 19th-century collections. Until the mid-20th century, the lines referred to "little pigs".[3]

--------------------------------

If Fenn and LS are in fact connected, it's wise ole fenn in his arm-a-chair,
                              and LS out braving the wilds.

not shoulder to shoulder, not toe to toe, but perhaps ...

thumb to toe?

Click image for larger version  Name:	marionettest.PNG Views:	107 Size:	59.7 KB ID:	157498

Is Fenn guiding LS's steps through blogs, games, and riddles?

And if so how does LS feel about it? I'm sure the feelings would be mixed.
                              On the one hand, help appreciated. Genuinely. On the other, well, just take a look at the expression on his face.

Hopefully ls has done his homework and knows that the tale of Tom Thumb is ultimately a benevolent one ...

Click image for larger version  Name:	tom thumb protection.PNG Views:	103 Size:	20.3 KB ID:	157499

The Chase is not about ... a bout. And it's not a collaboration among equals.

It more closely resembles the narrative of Tom Thumb than anything else --
                              an older parent suddenly inherits a precocious child via magical methods and tries to guide and protect them as best he can.

Tom has found the blaze, but at his small stature, he can'at hold a candle to it's light ... or can he?

Click image for larger version  Name:	tom thumb candle.PNG Views:	103 Size:	223.2 KB ID:	157500

And Tom dreamed of flying to the castle of love embossed on Indulgence's face.

Well Tom, there's more than one way to fly, so be careful what you wish for ...

Click image for larger version  Name:	tom thumb raven.PNG Views:	96 Size:	271.7 KB ID:	157501

Of course we're only assuming LS is male.

Maybe we're all wrong, and our LS is really Thumbelina ...

Click image for larger version  Name:	Thumbelina.jpeg Views:	101 Size:	128.4 KB ID:	157502
                              Last edited by Tyke (MySon); 05-17-2020, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X