X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CRM114
    replied
    Originally posted by Redneck Girl View Post

Very Interesting! I hadn't thought about the Gulf of Mexico being "warm waters".

I thought about taking Parting of the Waters as the end point. Often people say they want their ashes to be scattered at the headwaters of a river, and Parting of the Waters is unique in that you have both the Atlantic and Pacific Creeks right there. The problem is that it's 20 miles from the nearest road in Moran WY and is only accessible by horseback or hiking. That's why I thought it might work better as WWWH. Maybe Atlantic Creek is the drainage to follow since it heads to the Gulf of Mexico.
    Yes, it is pretty remote. I found out about that place during the Chase. It's not too far from my search area. I wanted to go see it, but it's a bit of a hike. Maybe someday. I seem attracted to odd geographic places like that, ha ha. My search area has a triple divide (Colorado, Mississippi and Columbia River drainages), just south of there. It's a fun hike.

Leave a comment:

• Tyke (MySon)
    replied
    The "Continental Divide" is a C of sorts ... a CD in fact. Hence the "listen good" remark.

Leave a comment:

• CRM114
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

Gawrsh . . . I dunno . . . mebbe coz an ocean isn't a sea and a gulf isn't a sea? But y'all kin have it yer way if yer at Burger King, where they serve croissants (crescents) in the early morning.
    I think your plane is in a stall, old pilot - the Colorado
    and the Mississippi both empty into seas. As strange as it might be, gulfs and bays and straits can be seas.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_seas#
    Last edited by CRM114; 08-03-2020, 07:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• AllenK
    replied
    Originally posted by Lets_Chat_About_That View Post
    Well, I wonder if Mr. Clean, the Pillsbury Dough Boy, and Mr. Peanut showed up for the party as well.
    lol
    I’d have two sea it to believe it

Leave a comment:

• Old Pilot
    replied
    Originally posted by CRM114 View Post
    Why can't?the two seas simply be the Pacific Ocean and the Gulf of Mexico?
    Gawrsh . . . I dunno . . . mebbe coz an ocean isn't a sea and a gulf isn't a sea? But y'all kin have it yer way if yer at Burger King, where they serve croissants (crescents) in the early morning.

Leave a comment:

• Old Pilot
    replied
    I can't watch that video "much longer"; I gotta get twerk.

Leave a comment:

• Lets_Chat_About_That
    replied
    Originally posted by AllenK View Post
    The Sea was too far to walk in “My War For Me” so he radioed in for the Jolly Green Giant
    Well, I wonder if Mr. Clean, the Pillsbury Dough Boy, and Mr. Peanut showed up for the party as well.
    lol

Leave a comment:

• AllenK
    replied
    La Mar = The Sea in Spanish
    La Mariposa = the butterfly

The Sea was too far to walk in “My War For Me” so he radioed in for the Jolly Green Giant

Leave a comment:

• Redneck Girl
    replied
    Originally posted by Tyke (MySon) View Post

woah, for a "Redneck Girl" your waters sure run deep. I like the way you think RG. And Fenn did previously live somewhere in the Emerald Coast ... MeXico Beach, was it?
    Thanks Tyke.
    Atlantic Creek flows into the Yellowstone River. It's just under 20 miles as the crow flies from Parting of the Waters to Yellowstone Lake. That fits with NFBTFTW, but what is "Put in below the home of Brown"? The CC cabin is right there, but I think that's the one that Cynthia asked about.

Leave a comment:

• Tyke (MySon)
    replied

Very Interesting! I hadn't thought about the Gulf of Mexico being "warm waters".

I thought about taking Parting of the Waters as the end point. Often people say they want their ashes to be scattered at the headwaters of a river, and Parting of the Waters is unique in that you have both the Atlantic and Pacific Creeks right there. The problem is that it's 20 miles from the nearest road in Moran WY and is only accessible by horseback or hiking. That's why I thought it might work better as WWWH. Maybe Atlantic Creek is the drainage to follow since it heads to the Gulf of Mexico.
    woah, for a "Redneck Girl" your waters sure run deep. I like the way you think RG. And Fenn did previously live somewhere in the Emerald Coast ... MeXico Beach, was it?

Leave a comment:

• Redneck Girl
    replied

I do now. It's a very Forresty solution, imo. For what it's worth, my WWWH is the Continental Divide. For that, I assume warm waters are the seas. Some old books refer to seas, especially the Gulf of Mexico as "warm waters." I think pirates used the term. Then you have to use your imagination on a map and see rivers like the Mississippi branching out like a tree and halting at the CD, including Two Oceans Pass. The phrase "ever drawing" can also be taken to mean ever dividing or ever parting. All of this works with Two Oceans Pass as well.

Leave a comment:

• CRM114
    replied

Did you see my post above about Parting of the Waters? It's near Two Ocean (Two Seas) Pass in Bridger Teton NF. The water splits into the Atlantic Creek drainage and the Pacific Creek drainage. I think it's conceivable that "parting waters" might mean "halting waters" but I can't get "warm" to fit in. If you follow the Pacific Creek (Pacific means peaceful) it's about 22 miles (NFBTFTW) to the confluence with the Snake River. There's a boat put-in at the confluence.
    I do now. It's a very Forresty solution, imo. For what it's worth, my WWWH is the Continental Divide. For that, I assume warm waters are the seas. Some old books refer to seas, especially the Gulf of Mexico as "warm waters." I think pirates used the term. Then you have to use your imagination on a map and see rivers like the Mississippi branching out like a tree and halting at the CD, including Two Oceans Pass. The phrase "ever drawing" can also be taken to mean ever dividing or ever parting. All of this works with Two Oceans Pass as well.

Leave a comment:

• Redneck Girl
    replied
    Did you see my post above about Parting of the Waters? It's near Two Ocean (Two Seas) Pass in Bridger Teton NF. The water splits into the Atlantic Creek drainage and the Pacific Creek drainage. I think it's conceivable that "parting waters" might mean "halting waters" but I can't get "warm" to fit in. If you follow the Pacific Creek (Pacific means peaceful) it's about 22 miles (NFBTFTW) to the confluence with the Snake River. There's a boat put-in at the confluence.
    Last edited by Redneck Girl; 08-02-2020, 12:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• GoldenFrog
    replied
    How does cease mean seas? Did you just pick a word that sounds like it? Why not sees, or sease?

And how does "to" become "two?:

Leave a comment:

• CRM114
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X