Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

La Mar = The Sea in Spanish
    La Mariposa = the butterfly

The Sea was too far to walk in “My War For Me” so he radioed in for the Jolly Green Giant

Comment

Originally posted by AllenK View Post
      The Sea was too far to walk in “My War For Me” so he radioed in for the Jolly Green Giant
      Well, I wonder if Mr. Clean, the Pillsbury Dough Boy, and Mr. Peanut showed up for the party as well.
      lol

Comment

I can't watch that video "much longer"; I gotta get twerk.

Comment

Originally posted by CRM114 View Post
          Why can't?the two seas simply be the Pacific Ocean and the Gulf of Mexico?
          Gawrsh . . . I dunno . . . mebbe coz an ocean isn't a sea and a gulf isn't a sea? But y'all kin have it yer way if yer at Burger King, where they serve croissants (crescents) in the early morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Lets_Chat_About_That View Post
            Well, I wonder if Mr. Clean, the Pillsbury Dough Boy, and Mr. Peanut showed up for the party as well.
            lol
            I’d have two sea it to believe it

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post

Gawrsh . . . I dunno . . . mebbe coz an ocean isn't a sea and a gulf isn't a sea? But y'all kin have it yer way if yer at Burger King, where they serve croissants (crescents) in the early morning.
              I think your plane is in a stall, old pilot - the Colorado
              and the Mississippi both empty into seas. As strange as it might be, gulfs and bays and straits can be seas.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_seas#
              Last edited by CRM114; 08-03-2020, 07:25 AM.

Comment

The "Continental Divide" is a C of sorts ... a CD in fact. Hence the "listen good" remark.

Comment

Originally posted by Redneck Girl View Post

Very Interesting! I hadn't thought about the Gulf of Mexico being "warm waters".

I thought about taking Parting of the Waters as the end point. Often people say they want their ashes to be scattered at the headwaters of a river, and Parting of the Waters is unique in that you have both the Atlantic and Pacific Creeks right there. The problem is that it's 20 miles from the nearest road in Moran WY and is only accessible by horseback or hiking. That's why I thought it might work better as WWWH. Maybe Atlantic Creek is the drainage to follow since it heads to the Gulf of Mexico.
                  Yes, it is pretty remote. I found out about that place during the Chase. It's not too far from my search area. I wanted to go see it, but it's a bit of a hike. Maybe someday. I seem attracted to odd geographic places like that, ha ha. My search area has a triple divide (Colorado, Mississippi and Columbia River drainages), just south of there. It's a fun hike.

Comment

Working...
                  X