Two Seas ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Seas ...

The biblical allusions in Mr. Fenn's poem might go over your head if you've not read the bible, but if you have, some might say they are in your face.

I won't teach a lecture on what most of us already know (just look at the poem for a refresher), but what I have recently considered
    is a continuation of this biblical theme, only with the auditory addition of keeping homonyms in mind --

If you've been wise (Y's -- a splitting) and found the blaze,
    look quickly down your quest to cease (TWO SEAS)

(so now I'm asking, what "two seas" ... there are many "seas" -- how do we choose?
    well, like most hints, there's a modifier to follow so we READ ON ...)
    So why is it that I must go (to go = to PART)
    And leave my trove for all to seek ...

What "Sea" is both plural (SEAS) and is biblically known to have been PARTED?

Answer: The Story of MOSES, parting the ... RED SEA.
    (Found in the book EXODUS -- a story of crossing two hostile roads, and ultimate liberation ... sound familiar?)

There's not an X on the map, but it's there IN SPIRIT -- Two Seas, Parted, An X in Spirit

Click image for larger version  Name:	Red Sea Parted.PNG Views:	0 Size:	631.6 KB ID:	156395

Fenn mentions four elements --
    Moses brought the LAW on two SPLIT TABLETS -- given to him by FIRE
    Moses emancipates his people by 'parting' TWO SEAS -- WATER
    next, WIND & EARTH play into this story. (Read the full Wiki)

and the name MOSES?

both a HALTING of WATER
    a PARTING of SEAS
    and his name means ... DRAWING WATER
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Moses.PNG Views:	0 Size:	22.2 KB ID:	156396
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Red Sea Narrative.PNG Views:	0 Size:	188.7 KB ID:	156397

is this the KEY in Fenn's poem, or just the universality of the language of METAPHOR bleeding into MYTH?
    either way, equally intriguing.

Originally posted by Tyke (MySon) View Post
    The biblical allusions in Mr. Fenn's poem might go over your head if you've not read the bible, but if you have, some might say they are in your face.

I won't teach a lecture on what most of us already know (just look at the poem for a refresher), but what I have recently considered
    is a continuation of this biblical theme, only with the auditory addition of keeping homonyms in mind --

(so now I'm asking, what "two seas" ... there are many "seas" -- how do we choose?

(Found in the book EXODUS -- a story of crossing two hostile roads, and ultimate liberation ... sound familiar?)

There's not an X on the map, but it's there IN SPIRIT -- Two Seas, Parted, An X in Spirit

Click image for larger version Name:	Red Sea Parted.PNG Views:	0 Size:	631.6 KB ID:	156395

and the name MOSES?

both a HALTING of WATER
    a PARTING of SEAS
    Click image for larger version Name:	Moses.PNG Views:	0 Size:	22.2 KB ID:	156396
    Click image for larger version Name:	Red Sea Narrative.PNG Views:	0 Size:	188.7 KB ID:	156397

is this the KEY in Fenn's poem, or just the universality of the language of METAPHOR bleeding into MYTH?
    How can you take serious translators that can't even get proper names correct. Hebrew name was Mosheh which is 3 letters. No double s in the word.

https://www.behindthename.com/name/moses

Comment

Originally posted by Quest View Post

How can you take serious translators that can't even get proper names correct. Hebrew name was Mosheh which is 3 letters. No double s in the word.

https://www.behindthename.com/name/moses
      Thank Yew.

Comment

Moses is sigificant, this is why there is a full color ad in TFTW I believe. I don't have the book so someone please tell me if I am correct.
        Last edited by Trovesearcher1; 05-10-2020, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version Name:	Red Sea Parted.PNG Views:	0 Size:	631.6 KB ID:	156395

and the name MOSES?

both a HALTING of WATER
          a PARTING of SEAS
          Click image for larger version Name:	Moses.PNG Views:	0 Size:	22.2 KB ID:	156396
          Click image for larger version Name:	Red Sea Narrative.PNG Views:	0 Size:	188.7 KB ID:	156397

As I remember (from my early childhood), according to the story about Moses, he parted one sea.
          Good one ("bleeding").

Comment

I told ya'll ...

"Moses lay stretched out, looking at the brilliant canopy of stars over his head"

Comment

Originally posted by Trovesearcher1 View Post
              Moses is sigificant, this is why there is a full color ad in TFTW I believe. I don't have the book so someone please tell me if I am correct.
              Now I'm wishing I had found the Full Color Ad you referenced. Which one was it out of curiosity? Now that it's too late ...

Comment

Equating 'to cease' with 'two seas' always seemed clunky to me. 'to seize' sounds better...

Comment

Originally posted by deano View Post
                  Equating 'to cease' with 'two seas' always seemed clunky to me. 'to seize' sounds better...
                  i feel you! like the gulls of carpestrano!!

Comment

I remember as a child being on a BBC program called A Voyage Between Two Seas in 1983. Im one of the children running over the bridge at 10.30 minutes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ad87X5D5AXU&t=631s .

Comment

Now I'm wishing I had found the Full Color Ad you referenced. Which one was it out of curiosity? Now that it's too late ...
                      Not sure about TFTW, but OUAW has a full-color Moses layout/story spanning pages 104-105.

Comment

Originally posted by Longfellow View Post

Not sure about TFTW, but OUAW has a full-color Moses layout/story spanning pages 104-105.
                        And on page 153 of OUAW he meets Elton John, who sang about Moses.

Comment

Originally posted by Longfellow View Post

sweet. will check it out. (was on a rowed trip when i last read this -- if only ...)

Comment

If you've been wise and found the blaze,
                            How does cease mean seas? Did you just pick a word that sounds like it? Why not sees, or sease?

And how does "to" become "two?:
                            Last edited by GoldenFrog; 08-01-2020, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenFrog View Post

How does cease mean seas?
                              have you ever seen the movie two f's by C?
                              total To Catch a Thief rip, or wait,
                              was the How to Steal a Million?
                              I'm so confused. What was your question again?
                              Last edited by Tyke (MySon); 08-01-2020, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X