Scrapbook 253 - Frank and Forrest Reminiscence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JHSharp View Post
    I heard faintly “down through the village, with a broomstick in his hand...”

someone just mentioned a Christmas tree and kids opening gifts, maybe I just miss those old specials with clay figures.
    I'm melting......

Comment

I looked up Beery and saw this, "And that wasn't all," Rooney continued. "He went on for some minutes about the trouble that Beery was always causing him ... Mayer sighed and said, 'Yes, Howard, Beery's a son of a bitch. But he's our son of a bitch.' Strickling got the point. A family has to be tolerant of its black sheep, particularly if they brought a lot of money into the family fold, which Beery certainly did." Rooney, M. Life is Too Short.

Not sure if it has anything to do with the chase but it reminded me of something I have spoken about for the past several years. I can't really explain it but it struck a chord but it's probably just intuition.

A broomstick, street sweeper etc are euphemisms for firearms and in particular class 3 weapons like a sawed-off shotgun or a machine gun.

Comment

The layout of the movie poster images and words/names was interesting.

Comment

Working...
        X