Scrapbook 253 - Frank and Forrest Reminiscence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scrapbook 253 - Frank and Forrest Reminiscence

Note: Frank and Forrest Reminiscence is my description and not the actual title. This Scrapbook was untitled.
    https://dalneitzel.com/2020/04/26/sc...d-fifty-three/
    Last edited by Homer; 04-27-2020, 04:47 PM.
    All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
    -Winston Churchill

All in one bed...
    Reminds me-

(Well this and singing wish you were here around the campfire; )

Miles up in the air he flew, He just murmured, Toodle-oo!
    Righty-O!

Comment

I thought Forrest put hints in his Scrapbooks but I guess he has forgotten now that is what they are for. I don't see anything in this one. Going to be a long Covid infested summer at this rate.

Comment

Well it is nice to know f still has loads to say about this or that when the mood strikes him and he sure has a beloved fondess for those Yellowstone summers. And yes everyone that pays any attention at all should have noticed the Berry vs Beery.. wasn't there another SB that f talks about berries. lol It's the aberrations that are not so noticeable.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrasharp sunshine View Post
          I thought Forrest put hints in his Scrapbooks but I guess he has forgotten now that is what they are for. I don't see anything in this one. Going to be a long Covid infested summer at this rate.
          Yeah- nothing to see here ....
          except for BEAR TRAP AND ENNIS??!?!?!!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!
          WTF. This is probably the biggest thing Ive ever seen in a SB.
          oh and...
          Skaggs Scaggs
          Kosky Koski
          Berry Beery

There are more but Im not telling.

VP

Comment

Originally posted by ultrasharp sunshine View Post
            The following email exchange may be of interest to those who are searching in the north. It reminded me of some events I had almost forgotten. f

Frank

I don’t remember that Sterm name but I remember the Scaggs market because both Skippy and I worked there part of one summer. It was owned by a man named Con Peterson who was killed in a car wreck down near Ennis. Across the street north was another grocery store where our friend Ellert Kosky worked. One day we stood on the loading dock and threw heads of lettuce at Ellert, trying to hit him, and he threw them back at us. We got caught and our pay was docked for the loss. <<<Alert: One going back and forth with Forrest; someone sent an email to Forrest suspecting as much>>>

In 1938 I was 8 years old so it was in the 40s that I worked in the market. Onetime, Wallace Beery came in. He was a famous movie star who I recognized, and the uncle of Noah Beery Jr., who was more famous in the movies. Wallace wanted to buy some 22 caliber bullets, which were rationed during the war. I wouldn’t sell them to him because he didn’t have any coupons. That made him really mad and I thought he was going to hit me. Skippy saw there was trouble and he came running over with a broomstick in his hands. Mr Berry cooled off some. I guess he didn’t like the odds or the choice of weapons.

Those were the good old days.

Our cabin was just 100’ from the ice house and we liked to play in it. The ice came from Hebgen Lake and was sawed in cubes of about 2’. The ice house had double walls and sawdust was packed in between them for insulation. We were always careful to cover the ice with sawdust and close the doors when we left.

We also watched the grizzlies at the dump at night, sitting in our car with the lights on. Sometimes there were as many as 20 grizzlies scavenging at one time and black bears would not dare come around. It was one of my mother’s favorite pastimes.

Onetime Skippy and I (mostly Skippy) made a bear trap out of 2” dead pine logs, and baited it with road-kill meat. The next day we went to check it out and found only tree debris and scattered wood fragments. Guess some big griz didn’t like being caged, and the road-kill was gone. <<<Camouflage>>>

Ask your grandpa if he remembers what I remember. f

Just for fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMAMxcHWK7I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYO452NsEkg

Peace,

O.

Comment

QUOTE=Vestalpatience;n154301]

oh and...
              Skaggs Scaggs
              Kosky Koski
              Berry Beery

VP

[/QUOTE]
              Click image for larger version

Name:	ob1 x2_Moment.jpg
Views:	851
Size:	122.4 KB
ID:	154312
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Countryboy

I believe you are reading too much into to this Orion. Forrest is beyond reproach. Everything Forrest has posted is readily available for all to read. He has not gone back and forth with emails to any searcher.

EVER!!!!!!
                I didn't say he did exchange emails.

Forrest is a man of integrity and I certainly don't believe I suggested otherwise.

I may have read too deeply, but you may not have read deeply enough.enough.

Should we both be docked?

Peace,
                Orion

Comment

Originally posted by Vestalpatience View Post

oh and...
                  Skaggs Scaggs
                  Kosky Koski
                  Berry Beery

VP
                  VP,
                  You don't need to say it....
                  We all have thought Hebgen lake was HOB at some point in our search efforts....
                  Heck I think it is for both Cynthia and Chasing Indy!
                  Last edited by Coinaster; 04-27-2020, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ORION View Post

The following email exchange may be of interest to those who are searching in the north. It reminded me of some events I had almost forgotten. f

Frank

I don’t remember that Sterm name but I remember the Scaggs market because both Skippy and I worked there part of one summer. It was owned by a man named Con Peterson who was killed in a car wreck down near Ennis. Across the street north was another grocery store where our friend Ellert Kosky worked. One day we stood on the loading dock and threw heads of lettuce at Ellert, trying to hit him, and he threw them back at us. We got caught and our pay was docked for the loss. <<<Alert: One going back and forth with Forrest; someone sent an email to Forrest suspecting as much>>>

In 1938 I was 8 years old so it was in the 40s that I worked in the market. Onetime, Wallace Beery came in. He was a famous movie star who I recognized, and the uncle of Noah Beery Jr., who was more famous in the movies. Wallace wanted to buy some 22 caliber bullets, which were rationed during the war. I wouldn’t sell them to him because he didn’t have any coupons. That made him really mad and I thought he was going to hit me. Skippy saw there was trouble and he came running over with a broomstick in his hands. Mr Berry cooled off some. I guess he didn’t like the odds or the choice of weapons.

Those were the good old days.

Our cabin was just 100’ from the ice house and we liked to play in it. The ice came from Hebgen Lake and was sawed in cubes of about 2’. The ice house had double walls and sawdust was packed in between them for insulation. We were always careful to cover the ice with sawdust and close the doors when we left.

We also watched the grizzlies at the dump at night, sitting in our car with the lights on. Sometimes there were as many as 20 grizzlies scavenging at one time and black bears would not dare come around. It was one of my mother’s favorite pastimes.

Onetime Skippy and I (mostly Skippy) made a bear trap out of 2” dead pine logs, and baited it with road-kill meat. The next day we went to check it out and found only tree debris and scattered wood fragments. Guess some big griz didn’t like being caged, and the road-kill was gone. <<<Camouflage>>>

Ask your grandpa if he remembers what I remember. f

Just for fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMAMxcHWK7I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYO452NsEkg

Peace,

O.

I put the theory out there sometime back about someone going back and forth with emails and sb's lol Alert was something I noticed right away.. lol
                    Last edited by JChere; 04-27-2020, 03:49 PM.

Comment

I’m not as good at this as some of you are, but I went with the “wordplay” approach. I decided to look a word up and it may have been a mistake.

I wondered what “a lert” could be. Turns out it can either be a small woodland creature, or, well some “other” things of more ill repute. Glad I didn’t look it up on my “work” computer! Ha.

Comment

The scrapbook is untitled and it shows real initiative on your part Homer, to give the scrapbook a title. However, if Forrest wanted it titled "Forrest and Frank reminiscence," dont you think he would have titled it "Forrest and Frank reminiscence.' Someone is going to read your title and believe that this is the actual title. The reason I object is because, since about scrapbook #121.5 and possibly before that, Forrest has been putting hints in the scrapbook titles. There is no hint in the title of scrapbook #253 because he left it untitled.
                        Last edited by Anna Graham; 04-27-2020, 04:27 PM.
                        All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
                        --Arthur Schopenhauer--

Comment

Originally posted by Anna Graham View Post

The scrapbook is untitled and it shows real initiative on your part Homer, to give the scrapbook a title. However, if Forrest wanted it titled "Forrest and Frank reminiscence," dont you think he would have titled it "Forrest and Frank reminiscence.' Someone is going to read your title and believe that this is the actual title. The reason I object is because, since about scrapbook #121.5 and possibly before that, Forrest has been putting hints in the scrapbook titles. There is no hint in the title of scrapbook #253 because he left it untitled.
                          I noted above the link in my post that it was my description and that the scrapbook was untitled. kpro can feel free to remove the that portion of the title and move it into my description below as I can't personally remove it.
                          All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
                          -Winston Churchill

Comment

Haha,

Ellert, Ellert
                            threw, threw
                            dock, docked
                            Onetime, Onetime
                            Wallace, Wallace
                            Beery, Beery
                            Famous, Famous
                            Movie, Movies
                            2", 2'
                            Ice house, Ice house
                            Ice, Ice
                            sawdust, sawdust
                            Grizzlies, Grizzlies
                            Skippy, Skippy
                            Road-kill, Road-kill
                            Remembers, remember

I've probably missed one...
                            If you give a mouse a cookie. . .

Comment

Originally posted by Anna Graham View Post

Hmm, maybe being untitled is the hint.

Comment

Working...
                              X