X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• elperro
    replied
    Originally posted by ultrasharp sunshine View Post
    Went and retrieved the treasure chest in the next few days would you consider them a pariah of the search community?
    I supposed they'd never really have to divulge the date of recovery to the world. I'd wait until July 1st, then claim... "I found it where ff hid it, right in my own backyard!" That's if I went public at all.

Leave a comment:

• Tyke (MySon)
    replied
    Originally posted by Cowboyrocker View Post

I once hiked the Gneiss Creek Trail from the park (seven mile bridge) to the end there and had a sandwich there in the end! This place is gorgeous! I waited til sundown and it was really spooky, too! Fortunately I was picked up shortly before it was completely dark... but before that I found a headstone of a little baby... and right by its side... the headstone of its 7y old brother, who died about half a year later... and right beneath... the headstone of their mother, who died a year later! Only the father must be left... I was sitting there for about half an hour, thinking of my boys who are 7 and 13 now and my wife... they‘re still with me, but sitting there on this family grave made me cry like it was them buried there!
    Later I thought... this was one of the many treasures I found in the Chase... a trip into an alternative life where things went wrong... worse... a tragic apocalypse! I talked to my family the same evening and I was filled with love and relieve!
    Go visit this wonderful place if you got the chance! The Gneiss Creek Trail is worth a hike, too, but bring bearspray!
    thanks for sharing that experience. i remember having a similar one there. nothing like Fir Ridge's eloquent stones to make one feel the cold pains of death, and then bountiful nature awaiting just beyond at Gneiss offers immediate warmth and renewal ... and then of course the surrounding BMA's to call mortality right back into question. I found a big patch of brown fur just beneath my favorite tree -- someone else must like it too (looks like an excellent over-sized back scratch) Some beautiful purple and yellow flowers there also. Now I'm thinking ... no, not about death. or treasure. just bears. always bears ... my first "Rockies hike" toting "pepper spray," what I actually carried was "mace" -- the little squirt container wasn't any larger than a lady's tube of lipstick. that'll show them bears! it's a thousand and one wonders i'm not on the knock list. if i had gone out on any of those early adventures, i surely would have died happy and dumb.
    Last edited by Tyke (MySon); 04-05-2020, 05:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Cowboyrocker
    replied
    Originally posted by Tyke (MySon) View Post

woah, as soon as I saw this I knew the cemetery. there are some beautiful headstones there. also some beautiful trees about 1/4 mile beyond headed toward the park.
    I once hiked the Gneiss Creek Trail from the park (seven mile bridge) to the end there and had a sandwich there in the end! This place is gorgeous! I waited til sundown and it was really spooky, too! Fortunately I was picked up shortly before it was completely dark... but before that I found a headstone of a little baby... and right by its side... the headstone of its 7y old brother, who died about half a year later... and right beneath... the headstone of their mother, who died a year later! Only the father must be left... I was sitting there for about half an hour, thinking of my boys who are 7 and 13 now and my wife... they‘re still with me, but sitting there on this family grave made me cry like it was them buried there!
    Later I thought... this was one of the many treasures I found in the Chase... a trip into an alternative life where things went wrong... worse... a tragic apocalypse! I talked to my family the same evening and I was filled with love and relieve!
    Go visit this wonderful place if you got the chance! The Gneiss Creek Trail is worth a hike, too, but bring bearspray!

Leave a comment:

• JHSharp
    replied
    It seems like the LS and FF are “in this together” as far as what happens when found.

Having occasional cowboy tendencies, I have to sometimes resist the urge to beat the odds, so to speak, like searching with snow on the ground. But, if FF sets a rule, I would never knowingly break it, so it’s June 1 for me.

I said all that to say that it would not even seem natural to try to recover before then. Maybe not even possible, like ice fishing in the summertime. Just my thoughts...

Leave a comment:

• Tyke (MySon)
    replied
    woah, as soon as I saw this I knew the cemetery. there are some beautiful headstones there. also some beautiful trees about 1/4 mile beyond headed toward the park.

Leave a comment:

• Duster
    replied
    What beautiful words. I think that if that were possible I would not still be here on earth.

Leave a comment:

• 1keyword
    replied
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/vcwald...in/dateposted/

Leave a comment:

• Hillbealy
    replied
    Originally posted by ultrasharp sunshine View Post
    Went and retrieved the treasure chest in the next few days would you consider them a pariah of the search community?
    Just a common tater

Leave a comment:

• Cowboyrocker
    replied
    It would save me quite some travel expenses... and I‘m sure they‘ve earned it over the last years... why consider them a pariah? More like a cool outlaw perhaps... and definitely still part of the search community!

Leave a comment:

• Notorious Nerd
    replied
    Absolutely!
    I think I caught that......thinks so.
    Or your wording was not intentional....don't know.

Leave a comment:

• ultrasharp sunshine
    started a topic If the LS

If the LS

Working...
X