No announcement yet.

What are you reading/ watching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reading TFTW 2/3rds done. A very different read than Ttotc imo. Makes me question a few things in ttotc. I finished Ozark season 3. That last episode ending=mind blown!! Hoping to watch 1917 this weekend. I need to write some thank you’s first this weekend and FaceTime family

Comment

1. The Stand - Stephen King

2. Love in the time of cholera - Gabriel Garcia Marquez

3. The Hot Zone - Richard Preston
      All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
      --Arthur Schopenhauer--

Comment

Picard and "Better Call Saul"

Comment

Originally posted by willynilly

Everything about the holocaust blows my mind. I want to know exactly HOW Hitler convinced thousands of people to commit countless heinous evil crimes. I have watched some of his speeches and I just don’t get it. WHY didn’t those people feel that what they were doing was wrong?
          I wish I could say it won’t happen again but I know terrible things are still happening in parts of the world. Even on a smaller scale near us, did you know that if someone doesn’t want to deal with a sick animal they can just ask a vet to put it down? That seems wrong doesn’t it? The vet is killing an animal that would have otherwise lived a much longer life if the owner simply wanted... thanks for sharing Quest, It was an interesting video
          The video explains how people are corrupted slowly. One step at a time. It's probably the notion of either you are the big or the windshield and they could take their pick.

I research and watch quite a lot of that stuff. It is quite a shocker how easy it is to happen. It takes only 3% of a population to accomplish is my understanding.
          Glad you appreciate spreading of truths. Its ugly truthes but truthes nonetheless.

Comment

Everything about the holocaust blows my mind. I want to know exactly HOW Hitler convinced thousands of people to commit countless heinous evil crimes. I have watched some of his speeches and I just don’t get it. WHY didn’t those people feel that what they were doing was wrong?
            I wish I could say it won’t happen again but I know terrible things are still happening in parts of the world. Even on a smaller scale near us, did you know that if someone doesn’t want to deal with a sick animal they can just ask a vet to put it down? That seems wrong doesn’t it? The vet is killing an animal that would have otherwise lived a much longer life if the owner simply wanted... thanks for sharing Quest, It was an interesting video
            I think the key is religious indoctrination that a certain group are superior "chosen ones" and the rest is history.

Comment

Dreamer....I absolutely love the part where the little girl is standing all by herself in a room filled with huge men and she doesn't even flinch. She is full of grit if you ask me. The huge men however just seemed full of themselves. Listening to children more often might not be a bad idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Quest View Post

So you equate historical facts with aliens ?

History repeats itself when it is not understood .

Ok nurse, bring the patient for their last injection.
                ITS ALL ALIENS!!!!! History is ALIENS!!....LOL

Comment

That still doesn’t explain the original Hitler supporters thinking, they accepted and supported the idea that Jewish people didn’t deserve to live. How could anyone think that murdering innocent babies, children, men, and women was acceptable? Yes, eventually (slowly) people became desensitized to the atrocities and it became the norm, but why did the people originally go along with it? That’s the danger of not thinking for yourself and following the crowd. The saying “if everyone else is jumping off the bridge would you jump off the bridge”, mob mentality etc. It would be nice if people would think logically instead of just going along with what is currently accepted.
                  I disagree with you about religion, not that I’m religious but I do believe in God. From what I have seen the religions I know of teach kindness, forgiveness, acceptance, charity, and love. It’s the men who want power and money that are evil and use whatever means to get what they want. They are relentless.
                  Yes I do appreciate the truth, no matter how ugly.
                  I watch a lot of things too.
                  Ok, original supporters certainly were the most extreme. They believed they were the master race and set out to destroy the other group that claimed to be the chosen ones (master race). God tends to be taken from the bible. Is that your God ? Because that god was all about committing attraucities. Those that claim the bible as word of god tend to ignore the demons lurking in those words They claim peace and kindness yet they support just the opposite.

Here is one place in bible were it is written that is ok to kill all people of a certain group. More than ok, it was commanded to be done by their god.

https://www.biblegateway.com/verse/e...amuel%2015%3A3

That is what makes the bible lies so dangerous.
                  Last edited by Quest; 04-03-2020, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Notorious Nerd View Post

ITS ALL ALIENS!!!!! History is ALIENS!!....LOL
                    They are notoriously known as nerds.

Comment

Reading Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens. Wow. Evisceratingly lovely. Just tn She’d watching Jane the Virgin, which we had low expectations for, but both my husband and I absolutely loved. Other series we’ve loved: Sherlock. Leverage. The Catch. Northern Exposure.

Comment

QUEST.....God loves all nations! God choose the Jews because Abraham trusted and obeyed God. Genesis 22: 17 - 18. God told Abraham that through his seed all nations of the earth shall be blessed.

You Quest are blessed!

Comment

Originally posted by Duster View Post
                          QUEST.....God loves all nations! God choose the Jews because Abraham trusted and obeyed God. Genesis 22: 17 - 18. God told Abraham that through his seed all nations of the earth shall be blessed.

You Quest are blessed!
                          Your bible is masked by semantics just like forrests poem. The difference between you , me and forrest is that two of us understand that. Enjoy roaming the earth living in your fantasy !

Comment

It’s true, the Jewish claim to be the chosen ones, maybe Hitler used that to his advantage somehow. All I can do right now is speculate but the topic is very interesting to me, I’m gonna look more into it. The God I believe in created the universe, that is all I really know. The religious people who claim peace and kindness but do the opposite are hypocrites, those people are all over the place, but certainly and thankfully not everyone is like that.
                            Your God is not the same as the God of the bible then.
                            That god is Yam

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yam_(god)
                            Last edited by Quest; 04-04-2020, 04:26 AM.

Comment

God said vengeance is his.....so I have no choice but to let him have it.
                              I hope you find peace!

Comment

First thing you must learn is what the real characters are. You can live your cognitive dissonance life if that is how you pursue happiness. I have peace in understanding truthes even though the Yahwist's want to steal a piece of everyone's property by hook or by crook.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/Yahwist

Comment

Working...
                                X