No announcement yet.

why shouldnt the location be revealed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When the TC is found....The location should be only between ff and the finder..... After all.... the finder found it.... didn't he/her?
    The finder owes the community nothing.
    There will be no closure.

Comment

Originally posted by Notorious Nerd View Post
      When the TC is found....The location should be only between ff and the finder..... After all.... the finder found it.... didn't he/her?
      The finder owes the community nothing.
      There will be no closure.
      ...which is a decision the finder and ff have to come to, maybe together...

I must admit... as a regular searcher I would expect or at least wish to know about the winning solve, but I‘m aware that my expectations and wishes don‘t necessarily count...

There may be a more important reason for them two to..... keep the secret!
      „It‘s almost impossible to carry the torch of truth through a crowd without singeing somebody‘s beard.“
      G. C. Lichtenberg

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboyrocker View Post

There may be a more important reason for them two to..... keep the secret!
        True that!

Comment

Because it will create more problems to be overcome by the finder, regardless of what kind of land it is on (e.g., BLM, National Park, private, Indian Reservation). The fact is, the finder will have physical possession of it. There is that saying that “Possession is 9/10 of the law.”

Another way of stating that is, “In a property dispute (whether real or personal), in the absence of clear and compelling testimony or documentation to the contrary, the person in actual, custodial possession of the property is presumed to be the rightful owner. The rightful owner shall have their possession returned to them; if taken or used. The shirt or blouse you are currently wearing is presumed to be yours, unless someone can prove that it is not."

Fenn’s memoir, poem, and public interviews establish his clear intent that whoever next shows up having possession of his treasure chest & its contents is the new owner. How can anyone prove otherwise?

Why give any individual, entity, or governmental authority the ammunition to attempt to lay valid claim to it by revealing where it was found? I’m no legal expert but, I don’t know that there is any authority or law that could compel the finder to reveal the location of the finding. I don’t see any governmental authority attempting to compel Forrest to reveal where it is hidden.

Once Forrest has passed beyond this vale, it will be the finder’s secret alone.
          Last edited by Longfellow; 04-03-2020, 06:41 PM.

Comment

The correct WWWH is far less popular a choice than Madison Junction (or the far more senseless Ojo Caliente)

Comment

[QUOTE=willynilly;n150841]
              Originally posted by 1keyword View Post

I would perhaps look at what Forrest has contributed to the park and to whom he has made those contributions... It makes me think of San Lazaro.
              I also wonder what some organizations relationship to the park actually is and what there land use rights and obligations are.

time to focus on work.. im out.

Oops forgot about our conversation since you went to work. You know, the people who work at the park are not Fennatics, there is also a lot of red tape, that’s all I’m going to say about that.
              NO..I didnt... what I said was I was out as in out on the topic..GFYS

Comment

I just love Google

Comment

It should remain a secret so that those who seek the answer shall have to find it for themselves.

Me? It's really hard to fathom what I would do if I found the chest, I mean the odds are so long against any one searcher ever finding it that reality must also be considered. But the Walter Mitty in me says I will leave the empty chest and take the rest. Hopefully getting the treasure to a museum of sufficient standing to be worthy of that honor. And this should make the remaining chest worth the effort to continue the Chase to find it. Of course, I would mark the chest so that it can be properly identified with things like some torn in half dollar bills inside that must be matched to the other half to authenticate it. No one has given me a reason why this is not a wonderfully great idea, other than those with selfish greed who want to extract every cent from it.

I don't want to be the arsehole that ends the Chase.

But I'm fine with being the arsehole who torments other searchers for at least another decade.

Comment

Not me just take a light saber and sever the beast head no muss no fuss. All these junkies around here going to go cold turkey.

Comment

There is a way the location can be revealed. Complicatedly, but revealed. In court, the solve being the location couldn't be litigated to take away the find.
                      Questing song:
                      The Beatles "I'll Be Back"
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K9Ij6VmOD4

Comment

Originally posted by 5-leaf Blaze View Post
                        There is a way the location can be revealed. Complicatedly, but revealed. In court, the solve being the location couldn't be litigated to take away the find.
                        Maybe it's in a pic?
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by JHSharp View Post
                          Code of the Secret Spot (fisherman's code). I would never have known of it without having been led to it by FF's Chase. Therefore, I do not feel it is mine to reveal. However, I believe that even if revealed, there would not be an exodus of searchers trampling all over the area, for many reasons. My home state contains a lesser known National Park/Monument. It is a perfect example. It is beautiful, and deserving of its status but it is NOT for everyone. Many people live close to it and never go, for lots of the same reasons. Or, for a more obvious example, take the Everglades. Not for everyone. Suppose FF hypothetically hid the treasure in the Everglades, and someone told you the exact spot- to specific coordinates, would you go, knowing something about the Everglades? You'd have to go at the right time of year, or be carried off by insects, and you'd have to go knowing only in generalities why such a place might be important- specifically important. The Everglades is very accessible. You can drive right to it from just outside the city limits of Miami. But, it is prohibitive to many for obvious reasons, though not necessarily a dangerous place. Of course, it could be, if you went for a swim after eating a bucket of KFC, or didn't bring water or a map.

All that said, if I were the finder, I would never reveal the spot for any reason, unless FF wanted me to or asked me to. It is a private place, to which I, if fortunate, would have been invited. Maybe its like a magic show... beyond all of the other factors, perhaps something would be lost in knowing without having earned one's way there. Early in my Chase days, I thought about how frustrated I would be if I never knew. Now, I think maybe a state or general region of a state would be enough. It preserves our story, and we all retain a little bit of the magic. It may sound silly, but it is often more fun to talk about what might be or could be than what is. That's what entertains us- the questions, not necessarily the answers.

That said, y'all better tell ME exactly where it was when you find it! (just kidding)
                          It's in The Stars. Must be a celebrity to get in or something? Lol

Comment

there's no way anyone could claim that they solved it first and claim rights to the treasure, It's a public hunt hence "The Chase", If you knew where it was at and someone using the same clues as you did who had the same access to the same blogs as the solver, then it would just be too bad that they didn't get to it first. If they knew where it was then why didn't they go get it? cut and dry....

Comment

because crazy people
                              "It is fun to arrange words in such a way that you have to smile at the end of a sentence." - Forrest Fenn

Comment

Originally posted by 1keyword View Post
                                and given to a non profit organization like the Yellowstone Forever Institute?
                                that way the location could be revealed to the masses and a bronze plack could be erected comemorating the chase and Forrest Fenn, what a financial and tourist draw that could be for them.. and also let them take credit for the find. I think that's what I want to do. donate it to the park, I have grown to love that place and think that they deserve it, I'm reaching out to them this week with all the information I have to see if it makes sense to them and if it's a go. PLUS they have a rather unique relations ship with the park regarding finances and land use. hell I think its a great Idea.. chime in folks..
                                You want the non profit organization to take credit for the find? I guess I'd be willing to sell that "right" to them if the price was right. I guess a coupla million dollars might sway me. Did I say coupla? I meant few. And might is still part of that guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X