No announcement yet.

why shouldnt the location be revealed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why shouldnt the location be revealed?

and given to a non profit organization like the Yellowstone Forever Institute?
    that way the location could be revealed to the masses and a bronze plack could be erected comemorating the chase and Forrest Fenn, what a financial and tourist draw that could be for them.. and also let them take credit for the find. I think that's what I want to do. donate it to the park, I have grown to love that place and think that they deserve it, I'm reaching out to them this week with all the information I have to see if it makes sense to them and if it's a go. PLUS they have a rather unique relations ship with the park regarding finances and land use. hell I think its a great Idea.. chime in folks..
    Last edited by 1keyword; 04-02-2020, 08:32 PM.

Because Yellow is about to blow? Because they charge 40 bucks to drive through?
    Questing song:
    The Beatles "I'll Be Back"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K9Ij6VmOD4

Comment

Because it’s not there, anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrasharp sunshine View Post
        Because it’s not there, anymore.
        shure it is....

Comment

Code of the Secret Spot (fisherman's code). I would never have known of it without having been led to it by FF's Chase. Therefore, I do not feel it is mine to reveal. However, I believe that even if revealed, there would not be an exodus of searchers trampling all over the area, for many reasons. My home state contains a lesser known National Park/Monument. It is a perfect example. It is beautiful, and deserving of its status but it is NOT for everyone. Many people live close to it and never go, for lots of the same reasons. Or, for a more obvious example, take the Everglades. Not for everyone. Suppose FF hypothetically hid the treasure in the Everglades, and someone told you the exact spot- to specific coordinates, would you go, knowing something about the Everglades? You'd have to go at the right time of year, or be carried off by insects, and you'd have to go knowing only in generalities why such a place might be important- specifically important. The Everglades is very accessible. You can drive right to it from just outside the city limits of Miami. But, it is prohibitive to many for obvious reasons, though not necessarily a dangerous place. Of course, it could be, if you went for a swim after eating a bucket of KFC, or didn't bring water or a map.

All that said, if I were the finder, I would never reveal the spot for any reason, unless FF wanted me to or asked me to. It is a private place, to which I, if fortunate, would have been invited. Maybe its like a magic show... beyond all of the other factors, perhaps something would be lost in knowing without having earned one's way there. Early in my Chase days, I thought about how frustrated I would be if I never knew. Now, I think maybe a state or general region of a state would be enough. It preserves our story, and we all retain a little bit of the magic. It may sound silly, but it is often more fun to talk about what might be or could be than what is. That's what entertains us- the questions, not necessarily the answers.

That said, y'all better tell ME exactly where it was when you find it! (just kidding)

Comment

So you find it in south Colorado and then donate it to the Yellowstone NP? Would they accept it?
            „It‘s almost impossible to carry the torch of truth through a crowd without singeing somebody‘s beard.“
            G. C. Lichtenberg

Comment

some guy knocked on my front door, and i was like, hey man whats goen on?, he's say's, this is for you, and i'm all, what is it?, he goes, it's for you, you can have it, i'm like, thanks alot dude, then I just took the box and shut the door.

Comment

Originally posted by JHSharp View Post
                Code of the Secret Spot (fisherman's code). I would never have known of it without having been led to it by FF's Chase. Therefore, I do not feel it is mine to reveal. However, I believe that even if revealed, there would not be an exodus of searchers trampling all over the area, for many reasons. My home state contains a lesser known National Park/Monument. It is a perfect example. It is beautiful, and deserving of its status but it is NOT for everyone. Many people live close to it and never go, for lots of the same reasons. Or, for a more obvious example, take the Everglades. Not for everyone. Suppose FF hypothetically hid the treasure in the Everglades, and someone told you the exact spot- to specific coordinates, would you go, knowing something about the Everglades? You'd have to go at the right time of year, or be carried off by insects, and you'd have to go knowing only in generalities why such a place might be important- specifically important. The Everglades is very accessible. You can drive right to it from just outside the city limits of Miami. But, it is prohibitive to many for obvious reasons, though not necessarily a dangerous place. Of course, it could be, if you went for a swim after eating a bucket of KFC, or didn't bring water or a map.

All that said, if I were the finder, I would never reveal the spot for any reason, unless FF wanted me to or asked me to. It is a private place, to which I, if fortunate, would have been invited. Maybe its like a magic show... beyond all of the other factors, perhaps something would be lost in knowing without having earned one's way there. Early in my Chase days, I thought about how frustrated I would be if I never knew. Now, I think maybe a state or general region of a state would be enough. It preserves our story, and we all retain a little bit of the magic. It may sound silly, but it is often more fun to talk about what might be or could be than what is. That's what entertains us- the questions, not necessarily the answers.

That said, y'all better tell ME exactly where it was when you find it! (just kidding)
                excellent point, this was a troll post.. point being that even if it was a correct solve and the location revealed it would make no difference until results are had meaning you could post the solution a hundred times and no one would give it a second thought.. there's something significantly wrong with traditional approaches or we would have said treasure by now. There is something else at work in this poem an underlying structure that fits all the criteria but requires a shift in perception, no cypher's no need to change a word but.. something in plain sight. every word has to be in the exact location its in. I think it was built in its current form and initially released in a different form because it was deemed to easy to solve and later given to us in the form we see now because he saw that no one would get it. the shift from the original publication to its current form is a huge clue in my opinion. it's scoffed at but instead of scoffing people should ask why.. marry the poem to the map, the blueprint the architect. my opinion is that the underlying structure came first and that it took a long time to build the poem around it, the poem had to be relevant and draw attention away from that structure. the rest is grounds for argument and politics so I'm out on that end of the conversation. the response will be IMPOSSIBLE.
                Last edited by 1keyword; 04-03-2020, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by willynilly
                  Do you think Forrest would like his special place to remain a secret?
                  do you think he accounted for the fact that it may not? and do you not think that maybe he would like to live on in legend and possibly a bronze plack in his honor and to go down in park history? the first park at that with the likes of Osbourne Russel. Joseph Meek, Norris, Hayden, etc... A name not to be forgotten through the ages.
                  Last edited by 1keyword; 04-03-2020, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Probably makes you question your vision & sanity to some extent. Gotta love a good revelation! Most people will refuse to believe it even when/if the truth is revealed.
                    "Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."

Comment

well I stated my purpose in this post as for the rest I'm out.. now we can let the wolves tear it apart, Forrest gave huge clues away in his recent scrap books. one was 24° the other was again mentioning Osbourne Russel's journal of a trapper. I heard no mention of either in post regarding the scrapbooks, WTF is that. as I said im out on this topic have fun guys...

Osbourne Russel + google search + Yellowstone + Forrest mentioning this book over and over and over = duh...
                      Last edited by 1keyword; 04-03-2020, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by willynilly

I’m sure he accounted for the location being disclosed, but am wondering about his preference out of respect.
                        I do believe Forrest would like a monument, do
                        you think the park would allow such a thing?
                        Forrest will go down in history regardless, he has a cult following after all, people who think he is more than just human apparently... not naming any names
                        I would perhaps look at what Forrest has contributed to the park and to whom he has made those contributions... It makes me think of San Lazaro.
                        I also wonder what some organizations relationship to the park actually is and what there land use rights and obligations are.

time to focus on work.. im out.

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/w...=pocket-newtab
                        if this article read in full does not blow the lid off of this then I don't know what to tell you guys.. this is not a NEW thing and has much older roots than just printers.. the structure came first, the poem was written around it thus taking 15 yrs to get it just right... the blueprint is not what people think it is but this kind of thing. except the dots aren't tiny there the poem.
                        some one mentioned this... the four corners of the poem spell a word find that word. now for extra credit draw a line using the four corners to form an X use a ruler. what line int the poem does that x cross? its another hint.. there is a whole other underlying structure built into the poem that was most likely what came first and then the poem was written around that architecture to both give clues and hide the underlying forms.

It all begins with an IDEA, ironic ya?
                        Last edited by 1keyword; 04-03-2020, 09:44 AM.

Comment

What if whoever finds it tells everyone where to start at and lets for argument sake it ends up being a known spot within the park. This spot, for example, is stated as Madison Junction. It has been mentioned numerous times as the First clue. Now The search community will know the first clue but will it make any difference. I believe Forrest has stated that many have gotten the first clue right but didn't know it. By knowing it would it help anyone find the location? My guess is probably not even for the ones who had searched that area earlier, but also for the ones who hadn't.

Will it satisfy the public to know where to start and put the FF starting Statue right on top of it?
                          Last edited by ultrasharp sunshine; 04-03-2020, 11:16 AM.

Comment

If the finder announces the spot, they better be ready for the nut jobs to come out in full force. The finder will be sued. Crazy people will claim that they found it before you, but didn't take it with them for whatever reason. They'll say that they left it there and not Forrest, and they want it back. That auction web-sight is probably doing a similar scam. "you didn't find it where Forrest hid it, you found it where we hid it." I doubt it would hold up in court, but it would be a huge pain in the ass.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrasharp sunshine View Post
                              What if whoever finds it tells everyone where to start at and lets for argument sake it ends up being a known spot within the park. This spot, for example, is stated as Madison Junction. It has been mentioned numerous times as the First clue. Now The search community will know the first clue but will it make any difference. I believe Forrest has stated that many have gotten the first clue right but didn't know it. By knowing it would it help anyone find the location? My guess is probably not even for the ones who had searched that area earlier, but also for the ones who hadn't.

Will it satisfy the public to know where to start and put the FF starting Statue right on top of it?
                              I think wherever this first clue is, you as a finder should first make a deal with the local tourism entities and then say where it is...

Does it help finding the spot? Sure thing... but don‘t be surprised if the community will need at least the same three seasons as the Lead Slug who seemed to work on it since February 2018or maybe even since the end of the 17 season because the gut feeling must have its base in the season before the six questions...
                              „It‘s almost impossible to carry the torch of truth through a crowd without singeing somebody‘s beard.“
                              G. C. Lichtenberg

Comment

Working...
                              X