Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was YouTuber Smell the Sunshine commissioned by Fenn to produce vids?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was YouTuber Smell the Sunshine commissioned by Fenn to produce vids?

"a big surprise" in the chase. . .?

No doubt about it, these videos are well-produced, imaginative, and informative. They keep my attention, and apparently yours as well (judging by the many rave reviews). In one of his first videos "Researcher's Resources Ranked . . ." StS advises searchers to focus on the poem, then the book, and so on in an ever expanding concentric circle of target resources. Subsequent videos are academically interesting, and offer glimpses into the heart of the book, its changing voice, and message. All of these videos express the same idea: they emphasize the memoir's importance.

I circle around to my first point. These videos are well-produced, imaginative and informative. They're good. TOO GOOD. Not only that, Fenn has promoted this guy twice in private emails, which were subsequently "leaked" just as Fenn knew they would be, to the rest of the community.

Could this series of videos have been commissioned by Fenn himself, to get us all "back in the box" of the poem and the memoir? I think its well within the realm of possibilities that the production of these videos, and the information contained therein, are one of the "big surprises in the chase" this year. And Forrest Fenn may be behind them.
    Last edited by elperro; 04-01-2020, 11:39 PM. Reason: Edited for content.

The music, feel and good bits about the life of Forrest, I'd say yes. Tourism-level production. I know a bit of production. I detect something like that, elperro.
    Questing song:
    The Beatles "I'll Be Back"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K9Ij6VmOD4

Comment

Originally posted by 5-leaf Blaze View Post
      The music, feel and good bits about the life of Forrest, I'd say yes. Tourism-level production. I know a bit of production. I detect something like that, elperro.
      If you're right 5LB, I wonder what he's trying to bring to our attention.

Comment

I have no idea. Id have to watch a lot more of them.
        Questing song:
        The Beatles "I'll Be Back"
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K9Ij6VmOD4

Comment

No they give Fenn way to much credit. Forrest is a ok writer but this guy makes him out to be superb I think he’s just infatuated.

Comment

of course not
            "It is fun to arrange words in such a way that you have to smile at the end of a sentence." - Forrest Fenn

Comment

I highly doubt it. But, I do like his approach and he tells a good story. His logic is also sound and very linear, which I like. Can't replicate it myself since my ADHD makes it extremely challenging to align my thoughts.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuCw...0:45&end=01:01

Comment

Interestingly, StS is from New Mexico. I can't find any info on Keyhole Productions, however.

Comment

Appreciate you bringing this topic up. I watched a couple of videos and his one video of the frogs helped me to solve another breadcrumb.

Comment

Originally posted by Walking Among Lions View Post
                      Appreciate you bringing this topic up. I watched a couple of videos and his one video of the frogs helped me to solve another breadcrumb.
                      Happy to help. Good luck!

Comment

Well Willynillly, whose name suggests no he won't or no he nevah, what's that avatar. The mad hatter is not scary in the book. IMO Just misunderstood.

Comment

My Dad used to talk about smelling the sunshine. Those situations do smell.

Comment

Do you know how I am?
                            Do I know who I am?
                            Does anybody know who anyone is?

Comment

Originally posted by Duster View Post
                              Do you know how I am?
                              Do I know who I am?
                              Does anybody know who anyone is?
                              no, but i ve got a few ideas ...

Comment

Working...