No announcement yet.

The deed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When Trooper Gregg was laid on the battle ground and covered with rocks, would you say he was buried, Sculpture or entombed? Is this why Forrest hints at us to search for errant piles of rocks? What if mother nature has buried the rocks herself? While Forrest may not have technically buried the chest, he may have covered it with rocks and let mother nature do the dirty work of concealing it so that no person should stumble upon or over the chest.

Comment

Originally posted by Walking Among Lions View Post
      When Trooper Gregg was laid on the battle ground and covered with rocks, would you say he was buried, Sculpture or entombed? Is this why Forrest hints at us to search for errant piles of rocks? What if mother nature has buried the rocks herself? While Forrest may not have technically buried the chest, he may have covered it with rocks and let mother nature do the dirty work of concealing it so that no person should stumble upon or over the chest.
      To simplify...he dug a hole in the ground with a shovel and put the treasure in it and covered it back up....buried.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr hand View Post

Ive seen limos that might make it back there...prob shouldnt bring up the fennja aspect that a limo might spoil
        i like the picture this idea paints on the canvas which stretches across my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyke (MySon) View Post

Click image for larger version  Name:	limo 1.PNG Views:	85 Size:	60.9 KB ID:	150347
          Winnner winnner Chicken dinner..... guess I got showed.

Comment

Originally posted by 1keyword View Post

Winnner winnner Chicken dinner..... guess I got showed.
            Hahaha, it is a victory I celebrated heartily last night; definitely retired to bed with a smile on my face figuring you didn't see that one coming. Truth be told, neither did I -- I didn't plan the setup. Stumbled upon the fact randomly. Reminds me -- about 18 years ago I was living in a small, one-horse town for work, and with not much to do nights and weekends other than stare at the wall, I ended up getting into the game of chess. I read about 4 books on strategy and matched up against some truly excellent local talent. With practice, I became advanced enough to develop beginning, middle, and end-game strategy. As a kid I was known in certain rural areas to be hell on a checker board. Some old timers refused to square off against 7-9 year old me. Anyway, on a weekend visit to the same rural area, this redneck living out of a trailer, squatting on abandoned property, was famed to be THE BEST chess player around. He heard I wasn't half bad and wanted a match. This fellow was also known to be a rather unpredictable, rambunctious drunk (and was rarely without a beer in his hand and 8 or 10 more in his belly). The last argument he got into left both the other fellows with permanent foot-long stitches about their abdomen and a newly renewed gratitude for life above ground. This history in mind, I politely declined the challenge. After several more beers, it became apparent that to decline this man's entreaty was perhaps more dangerous than indulging him, as he had become quite irritated at my renewed refusals. I didn't want the thing to last long, because time seemed like it wasn't an ally, so I played a little-known, absurd series of moves which, if undetected, result in a check-mate in less than a handful of turns. This cluster of moves entices the opponent to go for capitalizing on what appears to be a novice mistake, which ends in a quick and unconventional sacrifice leaving one's knife quickly and unexpectedly at a cornered king's throat. Well, short story short, the thing worked. I baited, traded, and toppled this chess-lord in 2 minutes flat. He was left plum-speechless. As I had declined his insistence that we wager $100, I think maybe rather than feeling angry at his loss he was relieved not to have forfeited a Benjamin, or some worse situational remedy. After the curt match I quickly excused myself and made off with a well-concealed grin. I saw this man again just last summer. He instantly remembered me, gave me a big bear hug and called me chess-boy. He now has Parkinson's and runs a roadside bbq restaurant which I hear does phenomenally well. Seeing him again nearly 20 years later, I can't imagine what there ever was to be afraid of.
            Last edited by Tyke (MySon); 04-01-2020, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Respect everyone, fear noone, even the Roman gods had flaws that could be capitalized upon.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyke (MySon) View Post

Hahaha, it is a victory I celebrated heartily last night; definitely retired to bed with a smile on my face figuring you didn't see that one coming. Truth be told, neither did I -- I didn't plan the setup. Stumbled upon the fact randomly. Reminds me -- about 18 years ago I was living in a small, one-horse town for work, and with not much to do nights and weekends other than stare at the wall, I ended up getting into the game of chess. I read about 4 books on strategy and matched up against some truly excellent local talent. With practice, I became advanced enough to develop beginning, middle, and end-game strategy. As a kid I was known in certain rural areas to be hell on a checker board. Some old timers refused to square off against 7-9 year old me. Anyway, on a weekend visit to the same rural area, this redneck living out of a trailer, squatting on abandoned property, was famed to be THE BEST chess player around. He heard I wasn't half bad and wanted a match. This fellow was also known to be a rather unpredictable, rambunctious drunk (and was rarely without a beer in his hand and 8 or 10 more in his belly). The last argument he got into left both the other fellows with permanent foot-long stitches about their abdomen and a newly renewed gratitude for life above ground. This history in mind, I politely declined the challenge. After several more beers, it became apparent that to decline this man's entreaty was perhaps more dangerous than indulging him, as he had become quite irritated at my renewed refusals. I didn't want the thing to last long, because time seemed like it wasn't an ally, so I played a little-known, absurd series of moves which, if undetected, result in a check-mate in less than a handful of turns. This cluster of moves entices the opponent to go for capitalizing on what appears to be a novice mistake, which ends in a quick and unconventional sacrifice leaving one's knife quickly and unexpectedly at a cornered king's throat. Well, short story short, the thing worked. I baited, traded, and toppled this chess-lord in 2 minutes flat. He was left plum-speechless. As I had declined his insistence that we wager $100, I think maybe rather than feeling angry at his loss he was relieved not to have forfeited a Benjamin, or some worse situational remedy. After the curt match I quickly excused myself and made off with a well-concealed grin. I saw this man again just last summer. He instantly remembered me, gave me a big bear hug and called me chess-boy. He now has Parkinson's and runs a roadside bbq restaurant which I hear does phenomenally well. Seeing him again nearly 20 years later, I can't imagine what there ever was to be afraid of.
                original recipe or extra crispy?

Comment

original recipe or extra crispy?
                  extra original, of course, but always at least a little bit crispy.

Comment

pizza.....
                    Coroner van just left the next door neighbors house, self inflicted gunshot wound to the head. ran into another guy at the pumps packed up and heading out of town. I may just beat feet for the Nevada side of the Sierra Nevada's and Hunker down in the bush for a few months... (nice to Dream) I'm predicting that things are going to kick off hard here in Cali in the next two weeks maybe other parts of the US as well.
                    Sobering morning...

Comment

pizza.....
                      Coroner van just left the next door neighbors house, self inflicted gunshot wound to the head. ran into another guy at the pumps packed up and heading out of town. I may just beat feet for the Nevada side of the Sierra Nevada's and Hunker down in the bush for a few months... (nice to Dream) I'm predicting that things are going to kick off hard here in Cali in the next two weeks maybe other parts of the US as well.
                      Sobering morning...
                      Yep wife abuse up , child abuse up, people dieing in there cars with news saying no need to be concerned, yesterday a man killed 3 people in same household all related.

Comment

Crazy... Rents and house payments are due and things are going to heat up here, probably all over the country. National guard has been deployed in several areas (of course you know part of it is strategic not just aid) the big picture here is several months of social and economic disruption, people can and will only tolerate so much weather it's warranted or not because they don't have the financial reserves to do any better and housing, food are essentials.. all this hoarding going on now is just the very small tip of a very very large iceberg.. chase season 2021?

we have an emergency camp here in the bay area with turn style gates and inward facing barbed wire.... active now. not implying that were going to be imprisoned but I am implying that there is a large system in place for dealing with times like these.. that could be a good thing or a bad thing. good to know we have large scale incinerators at our disposal if and when we need them..
                        Last edited by 1keyword; 04-01-2020, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Ya just like the holocaust

Comment

pizza.....
                            Sobering morning...
                            do you live in so. lake taco, ghetto with a view?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr hand View Post

Ive seen limos that might make it back there...prob shouldnt bring up the fennja aspect that a limo might spoil
                              Forrest may know a thing or two about limousines.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limousin_cattle

Comment

Originally posted by khan View Post

do you live in so. lake taco, ghetto with a view?
                                nope.. Bay area, If i was in Taho I would probably just head for a less populated part of the lake.. fresh water, fishing etc.. Its going to get ugly here.

Comment

Working...
                                X