No announcement yet.

Maybe Hegel's formal logic could help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe Hegel's formal logic could help?

Please, stay with me as I am thinking on my feet. I just watched a professor of philosophy talking about Hegel's formal logic and will try to apply it to our current situation. Maybe we could glean something out of this...

We have 4 major players aka 4 moments:
    FF (Forrest Fenn)
    TC (Treasure Chest)
    SC (Search Community)
    LS (Lead Searcher)

The relations between them are:
    SC <-> (TC)-> LS Meaning that TC is defining the relationships between LS and SC. In another words, the factor that selects LS from the rest of SC, is the treasure chest. In another words, TC is a factor, that gives birth to LS. At the same time, it puts LS outside of SC. They have dialectic relationships. One LS can go back to SC, when another LS comes out of SC to carry the torch, so to speak. Notice the absence of FF in this relationship. Conclusion: FF can't be directly involved with LS, only via SC

TC <-> (FF)-> SC Meaning that SC is defined as the group of people that are searching for TC. Basically TC creates SC with FF's help. When TC is found, SC will cease to exist. It is FF that separates SC (by using his tricky poem with clues) from uniting with TC. LS is not standing between SC and TC, FF does. Conclusion: SC excludes LS out of itself, like water repels oil.

FF<-> (LS)-> TC Meaning that FF is the creator of TC . When Mr.Fenn created TC, it inadvertently gave birth to LS. SC has no hand to play in the relationships between FF and LS and LS and TC. In another words, SC should be a spectator on a sideline.... When SC members tried to get private info from FF, it messes with the Chase...

I wonder, if the Poem Itself (PI) could be the 5th moment in the above equations?

Click image for larger version

Name:	hegel.JPG
Views:	249
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	150075

There is no LS. You either have the chest or you don’t. We are all searchers until we are finders.

Comment

The rules of the formal logic unequivocally bring LS to life.
      The fact that you negate LS proves your statement to be wrong. I can state that you do not exist, thus confirming your existence at the same time.

Hegel will prove you wrong berry berry soon

Comment

Ok you've proved your point. The fact that the LS moves the plot makes it part of the plot, but that doesn't mean it's important. Philosophy hurts my brain.

Comment

Originally posted by willynilly
          Philosophy smishophosy...
          How about the theory that we are all one?
          Does that make us all the LS?
          We just have to think the right things. When looking at the poem it should be between you and Forrest, not you and whoever is in the lead.
          Don't worry willy nilly. The existence of the LS will be sifted out through the widom of time. It doesn't mean that he/she exists today or that it matters.

Comment

Originally posted by sadcom View Post
            Please, stay with me as I am thinking on my feet. I just watched a professor of philosophy talking about Hegel's formal logic and will try to apply it to our current situation. Maybe we could glean something out of this...

We have 4 major players aka 4 moments:
            FF (Forrest Fenn)
            TC (Treasure Chest)
            SC (Search Community)
            LS (Lead Searcher)

The relations between them are:
            SC <-> (TC)-> LS Meaning that TC is defining the relationships between LS and SC. In another words, the factor that selects LS from the rest of SC, is the treasure chest. In another words, TC is a factor, that gives birth to LS. At the same time, it puts LS outside of SC. They have dialectic relationships. One LS can go back to SC, when another LS comes out of SC to carry the torch, so to speak. Notice the absence of FF in this relationship. Conclusion: FF can't be directly involved with LS, only via SC

TC <-> (FF)-> SC Meaning that SC is defined as the group of people that are searching for TC. Basically TC creates SC with FF's help. When TC is found, SC will cease to exist. It is FF that separates SC (by using his tricky poem with clues) from uniting with TC. LS is not standing between SC and TC, FF does. Conclusion: SC excludes LS out of itself, like water repels oil.

FF<-> (LS)-> TC Meaning that FF is the creator of TC . When Mr.Fenn created TC, it inadvertently gave birth to LS. SC has no hand to play in the relationships between FF and LS and LS and TC. In another words, SC should be a spectator on a sideline.... When SC members tried to get private info from FF, it messes with the Chase...

I wonder, if the Poem Itself (PI) could be the 5th moment in the above equations?

Name:	hegel.JPG
Views:	249
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	150075

Peace,

Orion, the Hunter

Name:	OrionsClock.1.png
Views:	151
Size:	636.5 KB
ID:	150199

Comment

collectively it will move the mountain, maybe after the microwave ashes, a silver age will emerge.

Comment

You just had to play the math card didn’t ya.

FF<~> 3.14 + SC <~> LS
                ———————————— = TC
                LS <~> 3.14 + H <~>8
                Last edited by ultrasharp sunshine; 03-31-2020, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by willynilly
                  Philosophy smishophosy...
                  How about the theory that we are all one?
                  Does that make us all the LS?
                  Exactly. Potentially every one of us is the LS.

Comment

Hegel's dialectical system of discovering rational truth via contradiction of opposites is keen and insightful.
                    Coleridge's method for unveiling spiritual truth by fusing opposites, something else entirely ...
                    https://www.aapweb.com/aad/ev/sr2018preview.pdf

Name:	Coleridge Drama.PNG
Views:	103
Size:	206.0 KB
ID:	150214

Comment

Working...
                    X