Preston and a list of reasons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tyke (MySon) View Post
    this is all starting to sound quite Cuckoo ...

Back in the 80's, fertility donations used to pay $50 a pop...

Be fruitful and multiply...

The question is then, dozens? Hundreds? or Thousands?

Mwaahahahahahaha!

Comment

Originally posted by LurkerMike View Post

Mwaahahahahahaha!
      50 bucks is all Johnny Apple seed is worth? That’s why we’re in the shape we’re in, you get what you pay for.

Comment

I don’t think that Douglas Preston wrote ttotc, Forrest might have bounced enough ideas off Douglas for him to take on the appearance of being in the loop. I believe Douglas will be a major player after the treasure has been found.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrasharp sunshine View Post
          I don’t think that Douglas Preston wrote ttotc, Forrest might have bounced enough ideas off Douglas for him to take on the appearance of being in the loop. I believe Douglas will be a major player after the treasure has been found.
          I don’t think anybody in forrest camp will be a major player. I know that if I find it nobody will know about it. There won’t be any movies being made, any interviews being done, no solve being revealed, at most Forrest will get his bracelet back but I wouldn’t even promise that. I’d probably just hustle it out piece by piece... one at a time and just be content with being comfortable.

Comment

Ain’t you the party pooper

Comment

Originally posted by Imeverybodynow View Post
              A. The chase has legal ramifications that Doug wants no part of.
              or
              B. The plagiarism, the misspelled words, the punctuation, the use of words, the make believe words. Everything about TTOTC defies all rules of literature (that chapter is the most important one by far btw) .
              Well of course there are many many other options, the world is never black and white.

Other possible reasons:
              1. Douglas Preston didn't have the time
              2. Forrest asked him to do this when he was sick and thought he was going to die, declining is a way of telling Forrest that you are going to beat this
              3. Douglas Preston didn't want to steal Forrest's thunder
              4. Douglas Preston wanted to encourage Forrest that he could do this himself
              5. Even with no legal ramifications, if Douglas wrote the book people would assume he knew where the chest is hidden
              6. Douglas just simply didn't want to be associated with a treasure hunt

I could really go on and on. No one knows except Douglas Preston, not even Forrest.

Comment

Originally posted by JHSharp View Post

Sorry- I am a covidiot in quarantine.
                They say in 12 years and 9 months we'll have our first batch of kids known as the "Quaran-teens" (aka. Coronials)

Click image for larger version

Name:	quaran-teens.PNG
Views:	214
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	150030

Comment

Originally posted by Tyke (MySon) View Post

They say in 12 years and 9 months we'll have our first batch of kids known as the "Quaran-teens" (aka. Coronials)

Name:	quaran-teens.PNG
Views:	214
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	150030
                  That’s perfect! Maybe all these Zoom calls masquerading as work can be “Quaranteams”

Comment

That’s perfect! Maybe all these Zoom calls masquerading as work can be “Quaranteams”
                    or lead taters ...

Name:	zoom.PNG
Views:	150
Size:	201.0 KB
ID:	151052

Comment

The breakups will help my bottom line...

Comment

Mr. Fenn asked Mr. Preston to write TTOTC because he didn’t know how it would end. Plain and simple.

Comment

Originally posted by OneMoreBOTG View Post
                          I’m halfway through The Codex and Douglas knows something, for sure.
                          Duh.

Comment

Originally posted by LurkerMike View Post

Mwaahahahahahaha!
                            I hope you're enjoying your question. I don't understand it.

Comment

Working...
                            X