Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preston and a list of reasons

This puzzles me.

lets make a list of reasons Doung couldn’t or was unwilling to write this book (I think he was responsible for it personally, just a gut feeling).

When I think about it, I can only come up with two ideas.

A. The chase has legal ramifications that Doug wants no part of.

or

B. The plagiarism, the misspelled words, the punctuation, the use of words, the make believe words. Everything about TTOTC defies all rules of literature (that chapter is the most important one by far btw) .

I think that alone could derail a prestigious writers credibility. I’ve seen this shit happen to Graham Hancock because the archeologists don’t agree, or with Dr. Robert Schoch whose fellow geologists lift their nose to him for rewriting what the egyptologists “THOUGHT” they knew. It’s crazy in society to day people succumb to being afraid about what other people think. The great men of history and the past overstepped boundaries and real change came out of it more times than not. I applaud Fenn, but I think this book was written by Preston he just can’t take credit for it. Why would Doug be so damn involved? It doesn’t make any sense.

I don’t think so, but maybe Forrest writes a lot of Douglas Preston’s stuff

Comment

If one has a really good publisher, maybe it doesn’t matter who writes it.

but FF wrote TTOTC, the poem wrote itself, and FF has written and created much further and wider than we know.

Comment

I’m halfway through The Codex and Douglas knows something, for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by JHSharp View Post

but FF wrote TTOTC, the poem wrote itself, and FF has written and created much further and wider than we know.
          I agree. He has written books under a pseudonym. And I have to say, the ones (I think) I’ve found are very enjoyable!

Comment

I've been trying to figure out the importance of "sun" and thought of the homophone "son". I was just figuring out the date Doug Preston was conceived based on his bday (May 31, 1956). In The Codex the Fenn character has a secret son with an Indian woman and it plays no small part in the book. I'm not saying Forrest has a son, but I'm open to the possibility and wondering if it could be DP as crazy as that sounds. In My War for Me Forrest brings us back to 1956 and ends the paragraph on p. 99 with, "Was there nothing better to show for that year away from my family and risking my life everyday? Maybe so!" I know it's nuts but....

Edit: Disregard above...Doug looks exactly like his father, according to the photo on his Dad's obituary, so I can put that theory to rest.
            Last edited by Goldilocks; 03-29-2020, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldilocks View Post
              I've been trying to figure out the importance of "sun" and thought of the homophone "son". I was just figuring out the date Doug Preston was conceived based on his bday (May 31, 1956). In The Codex the Fenn character has a secret son with an Indian woman and it plays no small part in the book. I'm not saying Forrest has a son, but I'm open to the possibility and wondering if it could be DP as crazy as that sounds. In My War for Me Forrest brings us back to 1956 and ends the paragraph on p. 99 with, "Was there nothing better to show for that year away from my family and risking my life everyday? Maybe so!" I know it's nuts but....
              Genomic tests of recent years have revealed many "hidden branches" in family trees. Who knows, some of us may even be "Chase children" in more ways than we've imagined. I know the men above me in my line, my maternal and paternal grandfathers, were neither one a hair above 5'8" even when stretching. Then I sprang up at 6'4," dark, and a head fully of curly black hair. When asked about the familial anomaly, my dad always used to answer that we had a very tall, dark mailman just before I was born. I think there might have been mention about taking a long time to deliver the mail, but I might have made that part up.

Comment

Originally posted by JHSharp View Post

you got it backwards, it took him 15 years to write the poem, the book Took 6 months, the book wrote itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Imeverybodynow View Post

you got it backwards, it took him 15 years to write the poem, the book Took 6 months, the book wrote itself.
                  Sorry- I am a covidiot in quarantine.

Comment

well his daughters don't really look like him at all either, maybe your on to something..

Comment

Originally posted by ultrasharp sunshine View Post

well his daughters don't really look like him at all either, maybe your on to something..
                      this is all starting to sound quite Cuckoo ...

Comment

ya but I didn't start it

Comment

I did. Too much time on my hands I guess but it just so happens that this thread was perfectly timed with a thought I had this morning. I edited my above post to say that I don't think Doug could be his son, but that doesn't mean there isn't a son or daughter we don't know about. I know it's a controversial thought but I'm exploring all possibilities. It's arguably cuckoo to hide a treasure chest in the Rockies to get people out in the sunshine, so anything is possible in my eyes. Ok, I'm bored.

Comment

I've been trying to figure out the importance of "sun" and thought of the homophone "son". I was just figuring out the date Doug Preston was conceived based on his bday (May 31, 1956). In The Codex the Fenn character has a secret son with an Indian woman
                            This sounds positively Lewis&Clarkian.

Comment

Originally posted by Lady V View Post

This sounds positively Lewis&Clarkian.
                              hmmm yes it does...

Comment

Working...
                              X