Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New people article.............

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New people article.............

    He adds that when he initially hid the treasure it was “an easy trip” for him — but now that a decade has passed, it’d be impossible for him to go back and retrieve it.

    Easy

    https://people.com/human-interest/ma...king-treasure/

    read this.........
    “Positivity triumphs over negativity” - famous quote by the famous Cowlazars 2018

  • #2
    Not to make the situation worse than it already is, but why is Mike Petersen still not considered a Fenn treasure-searching fatality? His niece (relatively recently) confirmed that Mike was indeed searching for Forrest's treasure when he drowned in Montana in June 2017:

    https://www.strangeoutdoors.com/myst...national-parks

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by khan
      F couldn't get it, means, he's not going to, because he could just tell someone to get it for him.

      I had a raging flow stream crossing, but drove all the way back just to check my island. I knew that if it was there, I could easily fall and drop all the gold in the river. There was a nice piece of white petrified wood at least.

      Yes it's good to get out and recon your solve, but there's no urgency. If we don't solve it, we won't find it. Just buy a lotto ticket on the way home.
      Khan only kidding here, but I was thinking that when it comes down to it and the treasure chest is finally heisted, that it will trip the Jolly Roger and Fenn will be able to see that his booty has been taken.

      Comment


      • #4
        What if it really is impossible?

        Comment


        • #5
          2016- Randy Bilyeu (54 y/o)- New Mexico
          2017- Paris Wallace (52 y/o)- New Mexico
          2017- Eric Ashby (31 y/o)- Colorado
          2017- Mike Petersen (42 y/o)- Montana
          2017- Jeff Murphy (53 y/o)- Montana
          2020- Michael Sexton (58 y/o)- Colorado
          Last edited by Treasure Joe; 03-28-2020, 02:12 AM.
          "It is fun to arrange words in such a way that you have to smile at the end of a sentence." - Forrest Fenn

          Comment


          • #6
            Why do we concentrate on the deaths? How many years have been added to searchers life span just from getting out and smelling the roses? If I die searching for the treasure I hope there is at least 6 more climbing over my dead body to get to it.

            Comment


            • #7
              Think a minute about those who’ve been within two hundred feet as he mentions in the article. I’ve wondered if one could achieve that and know with certainty where one is in “the Poem.” Imagine yourself now in such a person’s shoes having the confidence to know absolutely that you’ve been within 200 feet. Can such a person know absolutely when they’ve been within 12 feet or 5 feet? I think many of us have felt such a feeling to find out our solutions were wrong. But, I wonder if we’ve all done it wrong and yet there is one right way to do it and truly know. I wonder if a LS or Hunter does exist and presuming they do what must be going through their mind? I dream about being in that person’s shoes and going out this summer and touching that chest for the first time since Forrest has hidden it.

              Then I’m jarred awake by my loving wife who reminds me I lost my job almost two years ago when the economy was good and that I’m running late for the lunch rush in the only work I can now find. I have to go out and earn my daily bread and deliver food in the pandemic. I like the dream better. It always puts a smile on my face when I dream of impossible things. No matter the circumstances, I am and have always been and will always be a dreamer.

              Many blessings to all during these difficult times.

              Comment


              • #8
                “I’ve had so much fun over the last 75 years looking for arrowheads and fossils and strange things out in the forests and along the river banks, why not give others the opportunity to do the same thing?” It's near a river/water. In his church. In a valley... Canyon.... your creek... many thinks...

                Comment


                • #9
                  This one really baffles me:
                  Searchers have spent money and vacation time looking for the treasure, and I don’t feel I could do that, even if I wanted to,” he said
                  What do you think would limit ff from being able to get the treasure now? Obviously being almostt 90 now ,his strength to carry 20lbs a distance . But i wonder if there is something else. Crossing water maybe. Is the stream or bay the 200ft stopper?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    If people have the money and resources to mount a winter search, the least they can do is have a Delorme Inreach locator unit to make sure they can be rescued. That thing cost me $199 and $35 to activate for a month. And then I always de-activate it when I'm not searching. And for an extra $18 charge, you can get the insurance policy in case of a rescue. I always add that feature because $18 is a lot cheaper than a $50K helicopter flight in case of a snake bite or broken leg. (I almost stepped on a rattlesnake while brushing my teeth, I guess rattlers love the warmth of a campfire and will hang out around the campsite at night.)

                    There should be a permanent link to a web page to buy one. Its cheap insurance should a search go south and/or a health problem strike.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Sunburnt1 View Post
                      This one really baffles me:
                      Searchers have spent money and vacation time looking for the treasure, and I don’t feel I could do that, even if I wanted to,” he said
                      What do you think would limit ff from being able to get the treasure now? Obviously being almostt 90 now ,his strength to carry 20lbs a distance . But i wonder if there is something else. Crossing water maybe. Is the stream or bay the 200ft stopper?
                      There is bigger reasons than that

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Indy View Post
                        If people have the money and resources to mount a winter search, the least they can do is have a Delorme Inreach locator unit to make sure they can be rescued. That thing cost me $199 and $35 to activate for a month. And then I always de-activate it when I'm not searching. And for an extra $18 charge, you can get the insurance policy in case of a rescue. I always add that feature because $18 is a lot cheaper than a $50K helicopter flight in case of a snake bite or broken leg. (I almost stepped on a rattlesnake while brushing my teeth, I guess rattlers love the warmth of a campfire and will hang out around the campsite at night.)

                        There should be a permanent link to a web page to buy one. Its cheap insurance should a search go south and/or a health problem strike.
                        A tracking device while picking up a multimillion dollar treasure. What ? Oh yeah I forgot, people think its hidden in the deepest of Yellowstone forest.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Quest View Post

                          A tracking device while picking up a multimillion dollar treasure. What ? Oh yeah I forgot, people think its hidden in the deepest of Yellowstone forest.
                          Oh, I didn't realize that would be a concern. I can put your mind at ease. The thing only works if you power it up. I keep mine off to conserve the battery and so tracking is not an issue. If I did get hurt or lost, I can power it up and then hit the SOS button. It allows you to text with an Delorme operator to ask for help and they will know your GPS coordinates. I was once lost and was about to use it, but I didn't feel like I needed any emergency help - just a little help on which direction was out.

                          I consider it a cheap insurance policy.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Indy View Post

                            Oh, I didn't realize that would be a concern. I can put your mind at ease. The thing only works if you power it up. I keep mine off to conserve the battery and so tracking is not an issue. If I did get hurt or lost, I can power it up and then hit the SOS button. It allows you to text with an Delorme operator to ask for help and they will know your GPS coordinates. I was once lost and was about to use it, but I didn't feel like I needed any emergency help - just a little help on which direction was out.

                            I consider it a cheap insurance policy.
                            Ok, but heck, you barely need the sandwich to go pick up the chest.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Zapster View Post
                              Not to make the situation worse than it already is, but why is Mike Petersen still not considered a Fenn treasure-searching fatality? His niece (relatively recently) confirmed that Mike was indeed searching for Forrest's treasure when he drowned in Montana in June 2017:

                              https://www.strangeoutdoors.com/myst...national-parks
                              Zap, Don't know if it helps but Forrest knows Mike Petersen died while searching for his treasure chest. The rangers even considered the fact that the guy may have jumped into the water to get away from a grizzly because an empty bear spray canister was found nearby. Often the written media just copies another media source's words. And the incorrectness just perpetuates through all of time and eternity.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X