No announcement yet.

What's this June 1st thing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

June always comes 1st cuz she was the baby of the family.

Comment

Originally posted by atticusfinch315 View Post

I had a tax professor that used to repeat gleefully "income is income from whatever source derived" comes from Cmmr. v. Glenshaw Glass . I thought he was an asshole. He gave me my lowest grade in law school. I went to see him about my final and he mentioned I didn't refer to something in the essay...I quickly pointed out in my answer that which he missed and he refused to adjust my grade saying it was already reported...an asshole. I never objected to a grade in my life except for this one. Too fricken liberal for my blood. All these lunatics never had to make payroll. I am going to have to lay off my secretary in two weeks. Sucks. Nothing can screw up a small business as quick as taxes.

If I find the treasure I will make a conditional endowement...he retires and I fund a tax chair professor of my choosing. What a dick.
      Professors, smh. I bet he wore a jacket with those elbow pads.

Comment

Originally posted by atticusfinch315 View Post

I had a tax professor that used to repeat gleefully "income is income from whatever source derived" it comes from Cmmr. v. Glenshaw Glass. I thought he was an asshole. I can still hear him, his voice was a tenor but I am convinced I hear alto too. He gave me my lowest grade in law school. I went to see him about my final and he mentioned I didn't refer to something in the essay...I quickly pointed out in my answer that which he missed and he refused to adjust my grade saying it was already reported...an asshole. I never objected to a grade in my life except for this one. All these lunatics never had to make payroll. I am going to have to lay off my secretary in two weeks. Sucks. Nothing can screw up a small business as quick as taxes.

Funny thing tax law is largely code-driven same as negotiable instruments in which I got the highest grade in my class. They gave an award for it at graduation but because I took my class in the summer (to lighten the credit load during the normal semesters) for some reason I didn't qualify for the award. The kid who took it during the normal semester got it. That never bothered me more than the tax law class. Over 20 years later, law school is a great education in thinking. I started late and turned 30 in my second year. It's full of immature 20 somethings and professors who don't practice law and play psych ops. I used to laugh at them...I had been in business for a few years. I was in procurement before and had trained in negotiation and personality differences, briggs-myers and whatnot. It's good to know to whom you are talking.

I can only imagine how gen z is approaching it...I have to say this covid thing is a lesson in personal sacrifice for the greater good. It's in their blood to be lazy and only think of themselves. I hear now that colleges have people to help incoming freshmen and students with the skills of personal life. My 14-year-old twins do their own laundry.

If I find the treasure I will make a conditional endowement...he retires and I fund a tax chair professor of my choosing. What a Richard.
        by the way, I took a good look at that glass case you suggested. You know, I walked away thinking that it’s at least 50% possible that the treasure isn’t gross income. But, there’s only a 10% chance of that. (Police Squad v. Commissioner, 1988)

Comment

Originally posted by ultrasharp sunshine View Post
          So all I have to do is say no tax for as per Marbury VS. Madison and all the guys in black suits and ties pack up and go away?
          Well, not exactly. But if you pull out an annotated copy of Marbury, they’ll start to pack up. What will really make them bolt is if you can tie in Hess vs. Commissioner. Of course I was not at all surprised to find the petitioner, Chesty Love, discussed in an article by Wood LLP. I bet the IRS field agent was Blaze Boldendown.

http://www.woodllp.com/Publications/...s/pdf/Hess.pdf

I bet after winning, the Hess’ “took the chest and went in peace.”

Last edited by JHSharp; 03-27-2020, 12:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldwhipped View Post
            And for those of you who have already written and are editing your manifesto, what newspaper will you pick? No taxation at all, is that what I'm hearing from you all? You don't think you benefit from taxation? Ha ha. Think again. Fair taxation is what you should argue for.
            I'm not arguing for no taxation. Just not bbn business as usual tyranny and despotism.

Comment

Originally posted by JHSharp View Post

Professors, smh. I bet he wore a jacket with those elbow pads.
              And a bow tie!

Comment

I would look NE.

Comment

June 1st 00111101.

Comment

Working...
                  X