Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My war for me, the tears, and the funeral...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My war for me, the tears, and the funeral...

I’ve been away for a while and heard this new dude on the tube, the home husband guy, talk about tears and a thought registered that I hadn’t thought of before.

were the people AT the funeral? Or WERE they the funeral because Forrest dropped a bomb on them? If he knew they were all going to die, I think it’d be more of a reason to shed a tear rather than just seeing them terrified. Just a thought, what do you guys think?

I also saw in another interview, can’t remember where, but Forrest said something along the lines of, “they said they knew how many people I killed, that scared me”, anyone familiar with that quote?

I tink it's unlikely that anybody would know exactly how many people were killed from/by offensive weaponry deployed by FF during his time in the Air Force. And whatever the number of people is, it won't help solve the poem, as numbers aren't involved. But that chapter in TTOTC is an important one (to a degree) in regards to solving the poem. What I'm trying to figure out is how tears could burn one's eyes. Aren't tears the natural thing to have, rinsing and lubricating one's eyes? I have had sweat run down into my eyes. That "burns" or "stings". But just crying never did that to me. All in my opinion.
    Last edited by Old Pilot; 03-24-2020, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pilot View Post
      I tink it's unlikely that anybody would know exactly how many people were killed from offensive weaponry deployed by FF during his time in the Air Force. And whatever the number of people is, it won't help solve the poem, as numbers aren't involved. But that chapter in TTOTC is an important one (to a degree) in regards to solving the poem. All in my opinion.
      Dont buy that no numbers snake oil its a nonstarter

Comment

Working...
      X