X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scrapbook 250

https://dalneitzel.com/2020/03/23/sc...hundred-fifty/
    March 23, 2020

I say we skip the next few months and fast forward to June.

Comment

Like kids on a road trip:
      Is it June yet? Is it June yet? Is it June yet?
      F- Don’t make me turn this Chase around!!

Comment

No hints, just sage advice. Don't risk becoming a tragic news headline.
        All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
        --Arthur Schopenhauer--

Comment

Originally posted by Anna Graham View Post
          No hints, just sage advice. Don't risk becoming a tragic news headline.
          Maybe there is a clue?

Comment

Comment

Who in the heck goes skiing in the middle of the night? Last I heard all ski resorts were closed, must be why they hiked in. Forrest is going to have to account for his words at some point and I don't think Willie is going to be happy with him calling him retarded.

Comment

Stay - by Alessia Cara and Zedd

Comment

Originally posted by ultrasharp sunshine View Post
                  Who in the heck goes skiing in the middle of the night? Last I heard all ski resorts were closed, must be why they hiked in. Forrest is going to have to account for his words at some point and I don't think Willie is going to be happy with him calling him retarded.
                  You need to take ff age into account with this "retarded" word as it was not viewed the same as it is today. Surely ff would not want to purposely offend anyone.

Comment

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/retarded
                    Retarded
                    Designating a parameter of an electromagnetic field which is adjusted to account for the finite speed of radiation.

Comment

Originally posted by chesttroll View Post

You need to take ff age into account with this "retarded" word as it was not viewed the same as it is today. Surely ff would not want to purposely offend anyone.
                      I'm not offended but Willie might bite him. There are a few places you can use retarded that are not offensive such as the timing on my old pickup truck is so retarded it can't get up to highway speed. You really can't expect a dog to understand the human language, now my dog knows what stay is but I have reinforced that behavior with hand signals ever since she was a puppy. My daughter told me the other day it was not politically correct to say spook anymore, I informed her it was not the word that was at fault but the younger generation's choice in how to perceive that word. personally I have not nor never will use it in a derogatory fashion but if your mind is narrow that is the only way you can interpret the word then who is at fault?

Comment

Originally posted by ultrasharp sunshine View Post

I'm not offended but Willie might bite him. There are a few places you can use retarded that are not offensive such as the timing on my old pickup truck is so retarded it can't get up to highway speed. You really can't expect a dog to understand the human language, now my dog knows what stay is but I have reinforced that behavior with hand signals ever since she was a puppy. My daughter told me the other day it was not politically correct to say spook anymore, I informed her it was not the word that was at fault but the younger generation's choice in how to perceive that word. personally I have not nor never will use it in a derogatory fashion but if your mind is narrow that is the only way you can interpret the word then who is at fault?
                        Very well said.

Comment

Retard also means to slow or stop intensity . I do not think Forrest is being derogatory in any way

Comment

I'd worry if my kid (or grandkid in Forrest's case) was skiing up and down 11,000 foot mountains in the middle of night.

Comment

Originally posted by khan View Post

I apologize for being tardy with my thoughts on this scrapbook, which I've copied below, adding my own formatting to certain words/numbers/phrases or clauses that stood out to me.
                              March 23, 2020

It’s only sweater time in Santa Fe today, but I think it’s just a ploy that nature sometimes uses to lure unsuspecting searchers into the mountains. I know she’s planning more snow and cold weather. Last week Shiloh and one of his friends made a moonlit climb up to 11,000 feet on the local mountain, and skied down. They froze, and Shiloh’s dog said he didn’t want to do that anymore.

For those whose solve is in the north please know that West Yellowstone is expecting snow tonight and 24 degrees. That’s burr time for everything but polar bears. Let’s think about 1 June for BOTG.

With all that’s going on in this country wisdom told me not to venture outside except to get more firewood and teach Willie what “stay” means. He may be a little retarded in that area. f

>>>>>>>>>

24 - lines in the poem, mentioned at the end of the sentence

Let’s think about 1 June for BOTG - 1 , 6 or 16, line 16 = "Just take the chest and go in peace." Also mentioned at end of sentence, or paragraph.

He may be a little retarded in that area. Again, mentioned at the end of the sentence, or paragraph

Meaning:
                              He (the Hunter) may be thinking about a BOTG after June 1 , when he may retrieve the chest.

>>>>>>>>>

There is more, but I have other things on which I just need to focus. But I will leave you with this:

If the Hunter is waiting until after June 1st, perhaps it would be wise for you to wait, as well.

Peace,

Orion

Comment

Working...
                              X