Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Saw this and thought of this thread:

    https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/23/us/co...rnd/index.html
    All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
    -Winston Churchill

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by Vestalpatience View Post

      trying to test today- Ill let you know
      If filtration is acceptable, heavy duty staples could be used to secure ends.

      https://www.officedepot.com/a/produc...IC1w:17h4h78ta

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by Quest View Post

        If filtration is acceptable, heavy duty staples could be used to secure ends.

        https://www.officedepot.com/a/produc...IC1w:17h4h78ta
        Maybe swimwear elastic to make headband instead of regular rubberband earpieces.

        https://www.sewsassy.com/LycraProduc...wholesale.html

        Comment


        • #79
          20 prototypes-
          still working on nosepiece but fit is good.
          made with Spacer Nylon and various liners as filter. All the sewers received machines at their homes today.
          pedatrics hospital contacted, they have nothing, what is happening?! Wrote Michigan governer trying to get her to open lab for us... but worst case we have someone in Beijing who can test.
          Thanks again everyone!

          Comment


          • #80
            Hi Vestalpatience I like your can-do attitude. Did we talk about this already? It would be good to find someone who will test your product. Especially if you intend for the masks to be used in a medical setting. This probably will take the most amount of time compared to anything else. Anyone know anyone in testing? For example, fiberglass probably is not great for a mask. So you'll need material, prototype, pitch, funding, (((business type, can't set that up right now))), production, distribution, field analysis, etc.

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by Oldwhipped View Post
              Hi Vestalpatience I like your can-do attitude. Did we talk about this already? It would be good to find someone who will test your product. Especially if you intend for the masks to be used in a medical setting. This probably will take the most amount of time compared to anything else. Anyone know anyone in testing? For example, fiberglass probably is not great for a mask. So you'll need material, prototype, pitch, funding, (((business type, can't set that up right now))), production, distribution, field analysis, etc.
              Thanks!! The CDC has dropped all standards for medical supplies. Nothing has to be tested. Hospital staff have been told to use bandanas.
              We have a lab in Beijing who will test the masks but are hoping to have them tested sooner, in Los Angeles, but since everything is on lockdown, we aren’t having luck. We also have the Particulate reader. We just need an person with expertise. We have a group of doctors that are going to wear for a 9 hour shift to “field test”
              All the fashion houses are sewing masks, we are just trying to sew something better with a little testing.

              Comment


              • #82
                Hi VP! I just mean that you want to protect the wearer and testing is essential for peace of mind. ANd the idea of the CDC dropping standards is INSANE. What is this, a new way to starve the beast? As if 3m and other companies can't ramp up mask building.
                Last edited by Oldwhipped; 03-24-2020, 08:22 PM.

                Comment


                • #83
                  This team adapted a scuba mask to make homemade respirators, from a $89 scuba mask off amazon-
                  Anything is possible and we are not going to rely on large industries to fix this- we can diy it if we have to.
                  So to all you 3D printer people, start making the valves!

                  https://dgiluz-wordpress-com.cdn.amp...s-working/amp/

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Originally posted by Oldwhipped View Post
                    Hi VP! I just mean that you want to protect the wearer and testing is essential for peace of mind
                    Yes absolutely, I actually have received a lot of requests for hepa filter masks, and so I had to call a Hepa manufacturer and I learned that is dangerous spun glass, and what people are trying to say is that they want a “hepa like” filter- which is what we have sourced- it’s called Meltblown. Unfortunately it’s in limited supply since China is the main manufacturer but I was able to secure 600 ft and we are looking into either materials it is used in...

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      no really, let's step back a minute. We humans want to stop the spread of this virus. So let's suspend standards for medical supplies! What a ridiculous idea! You first to wear your mask to care for those on ventilators.

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by Oldwhipped View Post
                        no really, let's step back a minute. We humans want to stop the spread of this virus. So let's suspend standards for medical supplies! What a ridiculous idea! You first to wear your mask to care for those on ventilators.
                        There are not enough supplies, and industry is unable to provide them in the time, quantity, and quality needed. That’s just the facts of the matter. We’re on a wartime footing. Remember M*A*S*H? Meatball surgery? That’s just about where we are. We’ve all heard stories of doctors out and about who must use what’s at hand in an emergency, like cutting open the throat of a choking person with a pocket knife and inserting the cylinder of a ball point pen to clear a blocked passageway.

                        This situation has revealed alarming realities about our healthcare system and manufacturing capabilities, not to mention our national aversion to science. But none of that matters in this moment. Right now it’s all about ingenuity to give as many people as much of a fighting chance as we can, even if we only shift the odds a few percent in their favor — better than nothing.
                        "I once sent a dozen of my friends a telegram saying 'flee at once - all is discovered.' They all left town immediately." ~ Mark Twain

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X