No announcement yet.

Need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I seen a very easy to make face mask and respirator all in one made from a 2 liter pop bottle and cotton balls. not sure of its viral effectiveness but it is for particulates.

Comment

Originally posted by Duster View Post
      What about bread twist ties? They hold their shape as do craft pipe cleaners!
      this was brilliant.... we found a supplier of a double twisty tie...like with coffee.... this could work

Comment

Originally posted by Vestalpatience View Post

this was brilliant.... we found a supplier of a double twisty tie...like with coffee.... this could work
        This may work also. I do not wear boots without it, Gore-tex, for its breath-ability https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gore-Tex

Comment

if anyone wants to make your own masks...
          look at :

@masksforheroes on instagram
          hey have templates
          plus you can also see the growing urgency happening in real life.
          Thank you guys so much
          VP

Comment

The material we have thought about are these:
            (many of searchers are smart and many of you lurkers are smarter.)...-
            Here is another material that might work.
            Home Depot and like stores, have these absorbent pads (about 18" x 18" light blue color) for cleaning spills and whatnot.

Liviu
            [EDIT] DuraSoak medium duty absorbent pads, made with layers of meltblown polyprop. over the absorbent core.
            Last edited by Liviu; 03-23-2020, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Im not even going to sugest hepa filters..... that would be a tottal waste of time and effort..

Comment

Originally posted by Liviu View Post
                Here is another material that might work.
                Home Depot and like stores, have these absorbent pads (about 18" x 18" light blue color) for cleaning spills and whatnot.

Liviu
                [EDIT] DuraSoak medium duty absorbent pads, made with layers of meltblown polyprop. over the absorbent core.
                I just was in contact of a large oil spill company...they are blown away about all this.
                yes the question is- are those blue rag shop towels an efficient filter...that we need to find out.
                thank you again

Comment

Originally posted by 1keyword View Post
                  Im not even going to sugest hepa filters..... that would be a tottal waste of time and effort..
                  yeah its not a waste of time.
                  its just not economical

Comment

Sorry, I know this is not Fenn related- Kpro
                    im working with doctors in LA to prototype handmade masks with a “filter”.
                    The material we have thought about are these:
                    I may have an idea of one to use...but I can't recall what they are called...I'll look it up and re-edit this reply in a few.

PIG® Absorbent Mat Pad
                    https://www.newpig.com/pig-oil-only-...BoCVtwQAvD_BwE
                    Or something similar...you would just need two layers to cross cover the holes. Im sure these are in plenty abundance.
                    Last edited by IRONWILL; 03-23-2020, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IRONWILL View Post

I may have an idea of one to use...but I can't recall what they are called...I'll look it up and re-edit this reply in a few.

PIG® Absorbent Mat Pad
                      https://www.newpig.com/pig-oil-only-...BoCVtwQAvD_BwE
                      Or something similar...you would just need two layers to cross cover the holes. Im sure these are in plenty abundance.
                      Yes, perfect.
                      Ive talked to a company that makes there for large oil spills- they say they can supply enough meltblown for 100k masks- let’s hope it’s true.

Comment

This is exactly what we need.
                        we need ideas for industrial use of polypropylene- in all forms. We need yardage. Like mass scale.
                        most of these come from China- so who in America would have massive amounts and in what sector or industries?
                        Https://www.amazon.com/Dritz-Upholst.../dp/B0066GZ5ZM

Comment

Https://www.airfilterusa.com/commerc...r-filter-media

Comment

Here is how to make blue shop towel surgical mask "basic"

Comment

Originally posted by Quest View Post
                              Here is how to make blue shop towel surgical mask "basic"
                              This will give you about 33% protection- let’s hope we don’t get to this point. Clever design tho!

Comment

If there is anything that we can do (what do you recommend?) please let us know!

Comment

Working...
                                X