TS Eliot - Brave and In the Woods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS Eliot - Brave and In the Woods

Did Forrest make "Brave and in the Wood" the last clue and use the quote from TS Eliot "We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.", as the hint to help searchers with the Blaze puzzle? The Blaze is not obvious and leads the searcher away from the chest. Only when properly deciphered can one now know the final resting place of the chest. Forrest said, "Whoever finds it is going to earn it". He also said, "It's not something someones gonna do on Spring Break or a Sunday afternoon picnic". I believe Forrest is implying the chest is not easy to locate, even after you find the Blaze and that once you do know the location of the chest, getting to it is not simple and will require a lot of effort. In fact, is that why Forrest says "I want sweaty bodies out there looking for my treasure". Forrest has said many times in many ways that "Victory will always justify the effort".
    Last edited by Walking Among Lions; 03-20-2020, 11:52 AM.

Originally posted by Walking Among Lions View Post
    Did Forrest make "Brave and in the Woods" the last clue and use the quote from TS Eliot "We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.", as the hint to help searchers with the Blaze puzzle? The Blaze is not obvious and leads the searcher away from the chest. Only when properly deciphered can one now know the final resting place of the chest. Forrest said, "Whoever finds it is going to earn it". He also said, "It's not something someones gonna do on Spring Break or a Sunday afternoon picnic". I believe Forrest is implying the chest is not easy to locate, even after you find the Blaze and that once you do know the location of the chest, getting to it is not simple and will require a lot of effort. In fact, is that why Forrest says "I want sweaty bodies out there looking for my treasure". Forrest has said many times in many ways that "Victory will always justify the effort".
    In my opinion, Everyone misinterprets this quote. TS was an explorer. All that someone like him wants to do is go out and discover, all day, everyday. Ts wants to explore so much, that when the years have passed, and so much exploration, he would not recognize it. That's what explorers do.

Comment

The LS will definitely have to earn it.

Comment

Originally posted by Walking Among Lions View Post
        Did Forrest make "Brave and in the Woods" the last clue and use the quote from TS Eliot "We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.", as the hint to help searchers with the Blaze puzzle? The Blaze is not obvious and leads the searcher away from the chest. Only when properly deciphered can one now know the final resting place of the chest. Forrest said, "Whoever finds it is going to earn it". He also said, "It's not something someones gonna do on Spring Break or a Sunday afternoon picnic". I believe Forrest is implying the chest is not easy to locate, even after you find the Blaze and that once you do know the location of the chest, getting to it is not simple and will require a lot of effort. In fact, is that why Forrest says "I want sweaty bodies out there looking for my treasure". Forrest has said many times in many ways that "Victory will always justify the effort".
        It's actually "If you are brave and in the wood" if you are going to quote. I think I understand what you're implying but you shouldn't quote out of context.

Comment

Woods gutts and bells...
          How about the history of golf, tiger.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200320-120937_Chrome.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	923.6 KB
ID:	148326

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20200320-114539_Chrome.jpg Views:	0 Size:	650.8 KB ID:	148324

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20200320-115151_Chrome.jpg Views:	0 Size:	633.8 KB ID:	148325

Don't mind me I'm sub-par at best..

Last edited by Castellaw1685; 03-20-2020, 11:12 AM.
          Miles up in the air he flew, He just murmured, Toodle-oo!
          Righty-O!

Comment

My opinion:
            "If you are brave and in the wood" - This line is useless if the previous line is not understood correctly and in the exact location of the "blaze".
            IMO Google Earth cannot help with these two lines, but the TTOTC book can.

Comment

I must be at a disadvantage then because all I have is the poem and the map i got on line.

Comment

If you are brave and in the wood tells you what the blaze is. That is a freebie from my solve. I hope this helps someone out there.
                If you A re "BRA ve aN D in the wood"
                A brand in the wood.

I might have said too much, ahh who really cares tho.
                Have a good night guys!
                Nerd Out!

Comment

Originally posted by M.c.B. View Post
                  My opinion:
                  "If you are brave and in the wood" - This line is useless if the previous line is not understood correctly and in the exact location of the "blaze".
                  IMO Google Earth cannot help with these two lines, but the TTOTC book can.
                  I found three blazes on GE, but when I got onsite- hot biscuits- I wasn’t prepared for that forth. Is hot bread in the book? I need to reread.

Comment

Ooooooh, didn‘t know they had hairy balls in golf.... interesting! There still seem to be quite a few old school golfers out there...
                    „It‘s almost impossible to carry the torch of truth through a crowd without singeing somebody‘s beard.“
                    G. C. Lichtenberg

Comment

Originally posted by Notorious Nerd View Post
                      If you are brave and in the wood tells you what the blaze is. That is a freebie from my solve. I hope this helps someone out there.
                      If you A re "BRA ve aN D in the wood"
                      A brand in the wood.

I might have said too much, ahh who really cares tho.
                      Have a good night guys!
                      Nerd Out!
                      In mine its what and where

Comment

Originally posted by Castellaw1685 View Post
                        Woods gutts and bells...
                        How about the history of golf, tiger.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200320-120937_Chrome.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	923.6 KB
ID:	148326

Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_20200320-114539_Chrome.jpg Views:	0 Size:	650.8 KB ID:	148324

Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_20200320-115151_Chrome.jpg Views:	0 Size:	633.8 KB ID:	148325

Don't mind me I'm sub-par at best..

Swing away, Meryl. But don't get too haggard.

Comment

Working...
                        X