Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scrapbook 249 is out!

https://dalneitzel.com/2020/03/18/sc...ed-forty-nine/

man, do I miss them. Thanks for the positivity!

That’s funny cause I heard it rained all day in Santa Fe today.

Comment

This too shall pass.

It's awesome to hear from you Forrest.

Comment

So this is to say maybe that aNOTHER person should take another stroll around THE yard. I see.
        And what a positive, happy scrapbook.

Comment

“C’mon Willie, let’s go. f
          C’mon Dawg, let’s go.

Comment

Originally posted by OH!!

That's why the scrapbook reads yesterday.
            Who would go for a second walk in the rain?

Comment

Just noticed the scrap..
              that's a wonderful fireplace.
              Last edited by Castellaw1685; 03-19-2020, 06:49 AM.
              Miles up in the air he flew, He just murmured, Toodle-oo!

Comment

Originally posted by JHSharp View Post
                https://dalneitzel.com/2020/03/18/sc...ed-forty-nine/

man, do I miss them. Thanks for the positivity!
                Yesterday it was 61 degrees in Santa Fe so Willie and I took a 45-minute stroll around the yard. The cottonwoods and willows were turning green on the limb ends and our daffodils were yellow with long, green stems. They’re the first flowers in our yard to smell like promise. The warming sun felt really nice.

Things are tough down town and around the country, so my family is hunkered down with books aplenty. I may even read Journal of a Trapper again. We are almost completely staying-at-home folks for a while.

During my almost 90 years I’ve seen the Great Depression, a few wars, and the Aids epidemic. They were all terrible and for many long months some folks thought they were world-ending events. But they weren’t. We worked our way through them by banding together and gutting down. We’ll do the same with this virus thing too. That’s why I’m so optimistic about the future.

It’s time to take another stroll around the yard. Willie just heard me think that and his tail started wagging. “C’mon Willie, let’s go. f

>>>>>>>>>

Happy to see that Forrest and his family are weathering this viral storm.

They're good people.

Regards,
                O.

Comment

Originally posted by Lolami
                  It’s time to take another stroll around the yard.
                  I don't get why this means anything, can anyone explain?

Comment

These days, everyone I know is living like me-
                    a rural stay-at-home mom, isolated, like a trapper.
                    I leave once a week to drive to town for groceries and supplies... when everyone was buying toilet paper, I was buying seedlings and manure from the neighbor horses...I doubled my garden, knowing that I may only be leaving once every few weeks. Stay safe my friends.

Comment

Daffodils are wonderful. I wait patiently during the long winter months to see them spring up. My eyes are delighted to see them dance in the wind and my heart soars with hope for the coming days. It is so nice to know that Forrest and his family are safe. I'm sure Willie likes having them all to himself.

Comment

He looks like the king if the castle sitting high on that chair. To cute! Reminds me of my little dog ever by my side.

Comment

“GUTTING DOWN”
                          I don’t know what that phrase means either but it seemed like a good one to use at the time. Maybe it means that everyone should do the very best they can and it will all work out. f

Comment

Ummmm....Yes nice smile. Seems he has something more.

Comment

Maybe he had a new gut feeling this year but Corona has him gutting down...
                              „It‘s almost impossible to carry the torch of truth through a crowd without singeing somebody‘s beard.“
                              G. C. Lichtenberg

Comment

Working...
                              X