Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sherif Billy View Post
    Just Coincidences?

First Forrest is mentioning daffodils again. Maybe he likes Daffodils and there's nothing to it. I find it curious though that the Daffodil is the Christian flower symbolic of the resurrection of life after death. Then is it a coincidence that Matthew 27: 45-61 describes the death of Jesus. I'm not very good at statistics but it would seem to be the chance of that exact passage in the bible to exactly match (start and stop) with those numbers would be 1/45 times 1/61 or 0.0222 times 0.01693 or 0.00036393 or 1/ 2748. I mean it could happen. Those are better chances than Lloyd had with Mary. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWreKSjaR8k I'm not falling for it, it is just another coincidence like the flask the lush was drinking from watching Sam Snead golf (3/16 of an ounce )or liter or something...(John 3:16) or some of those stupid postmarks.

Happy Easter to one and all..
    (Oh.. and Matthew means gift from God)
    1f
    Sorry for this late update however I just realized another coincidence.

If you count the doublets of letters (like rr or tt ) there are 25 pairs in the body of the writing. Then if you add the two from beneath the picture that gives you 27. Sooo... That would make the chance of those numbers (Matthew 27: 45-61) all appearing together is like 1/27 times 1/45 times 1/61 which I think is........... .00001348 or 1/74074 (one chance out of 74,074)..

Well it could happen..........

1f

Comment

Originally posted by Tyke (MySon) View Post

Narcissus, in myth, dies from falling in love with his own reflection.
      Didn't Narcissus drown while looking at his reflection in water? I wonder if that means anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Lead Cat View Post

Didn't Narcissus drown while looking at his reflection in water? I wonder if that means anything.
        I had alluded to this idea you express in the following addition to the below post. Thinking further upon what you write, I believe an admonition against fixation on the wrong 'water' may also be implied, as some waters are quite dangerous, especially at high tide. Safety first.

3.5) The biggest snare for most searchers is falling in love with the wrong solve. "Bias" is the common term used to describe "why" this happens. Beneath most forms of bias, there is a root, and that root is some form or other of "self-love" -- Narcissus, in myth, dies from falling in love with his own reflection. Perhaps by referencing N., Mr. Fenn is warning searchers in love with the image of themselves in their solves of the perniciousness there-in. Fenn does after all, in one of his interviews, strongly advocate "divorce." As he included the term "marriage" in his vision for crafting a solve, perhaps Mr. Fenn was urging certain searchers to consider a "divorce" or at least some type of annulment. I'm by no means confident this is the case, but it's at least something to bear in mind.
        Last edited by Tyke (MySon); 03-22-2020, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Good ones all, especially Moody and Mike Tyson, who, by the way, is apparently now Surgeon General.

Comment

https://youtu.be/nYRefC7E9gU

Comment

Originally posted by BiggishShoes View Post
              nuke nook
              by hook or by crook to el and back
              Ellen Bach

got to be yeah

Comment

Originally posted by JHSharp View Post
                Good ones all, especially Moody and Mike Tyson, who, by the way, is apparently now Surgeon General.
                HAHAHA, I thought I was the only one who seen Mike Tyson there in the first thread. Thought is was a joke until I read it. Funny!

Comment

you count the doublets of letters (like rr or tt ) there are 25 pairs in the body of the writing. Then if you add the two from beneath the picture that gives you 27. Sooo... That would make the chance of those numbers (Matthew 27: 45-61) all appearing together is like 1/27 times 1/45 times 1/61 which I think is........... .00001348 or 1/74074 (one chance out of 74,074)..
                  Now if you had three buckets and the first bucket had numbers 1-27 in it and bucket 2 had numbers 1-45 in it and the third 1-61 and let’s say you take one second to draw out a number from each bucket What would be the average time it you take you to draw the exact combination 27 45 61. Let’s see the chance is 1/74047. So 1 second for each number or 3 seconds per combination That’s 74047X 3 or 222141 seconds divided by 60 seconds in a minute or 3702 minutes divided by 60 minutes in an hour or 62 hours divided by 8 hour work day or about eight days to get that lucky combination See it isn’t so unusual. Maybe I’ll try it for real while I’m in quarantine for something to do

Comment

Originally posted by Sherif Billy View Post
                    you count the doublets of letters (like rr or tt ) there are 25 pairs in the body of the writing. Then if you add the two from beneath the picture that gives you 27.
                    How on earth is it you haven't found the chest yet? You're playing Canasta like a boss. Kudos.

Comment

• Originally posted by mikew1927 View Post

How on earth is it you haven't found the chest yet? You're playing Canasta like a boss. Kudos.
                      Because of slot of things....like 28 instead of 27, he forgot the YY's.

"My Spanish toy factory." Spinning tops and Yo-Yo's

Walk the dog is a Yo-Yo trick.

YY. R. Leigh
                      Yazzie Yarnell
                      ...and such.

Comment

• Why are the trees and the flowers Yelling. FF and the LS hear their unspoken cry !!!!

Comment

• Sorry the trees have lemons ( on their limb ends) The trees and the flowers are yelling-low (like mourning)

Comment

Working...
                          X