Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nuke nook
    by hook or by crook to el and back
    Last edited by BiggishShoes; 03-20-2020, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzbait View Post
      I need to make up a more adventurous story than reality. I swear, I’m the only one I know who had the talent to gouge their own eye so bad that it partially blinded themselves.
      Tell people you traded your sight in that eye to the severed head of a giant for unsurpassed wisdom and a small aviary.
      "I once sent a dozen of my friends a telegram saying 'flee at once - all is discovered.' They all left town immediately." ~ Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by OH!!
        So, has anyone found the clue in this scrapbook yet?
        Yup

Comment

OK let's look at just a couple.. He mentions the daffodils again.. flowers have petals.. enough said on that one. And for the one that has everyone baffled.. 'banding together and gutted down' refers to butcherin a hog. And now this is all IMO.. lol .. there could even be a couple more in there but time for some self isolation.

Comment

Forrest is a pirate like that.

Comment

Yes, daffodils (yellow) and he provides the blaze twice.

Comment

Only the shadow knows. That wooden Indian looks like it is witnessing some agreement written on the notepad.

Comment

Eluding us even after tripping over it
                  by us i mean ^^
                  Last edited by Mr hand; 03-21-2020, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrasharp sunshine View Post
                    Who’s FS?
                    Where did you get that?

Comment

Same place your at

Comment

Originally posted by Zapster View Post
                        Yes, daffodils (yellow) and he provides the blaze twice.
                        I don't know if he provided the Blaze twice.. but a flower by any other name he might have.

Comment

The importance of the blazes location should not be understated or this pic

Comment

Just Coincidences?

First Forrest is mentioning daffodils again. Maybe he likes Daffodils and there's nothing to it. I find it curious though that the Daffodil is the Christian flower symbolic of the resurrection of life after death. Then is it a coincidence that Matthew 27: 45-61 describes the death of Jesus. I'm not very good at statistics but it would seem to be the chance of that exact passage in the bible to exactly match (start and stop) with those numbers would be 1/45 times 1/61 or 0.0222 times 0.01693 or 0.00036393 or 1/ 2748. I mean it could happen. Those are better chances than Lloyd had with Mary. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWreKSjaR8k I'm not falling for it, it is just another coincidence like the flask the lush was drinking from watching Sam Snead golf (3/16 of an ounce )or liter or something...(John 3:16) or some of those stupid postmarks.

Happy Easter to one and all..
                            (Oh.. and Matthew means gift from God)
                            1f

Comment

I've noticed over the years many are quick to jump to the most available interpretation of Mr. Fenn's writings. We're all tempted to do so as there is often quite alluring information floating at the surface. But over the years I've cultivated a habit of tossing out my first and second reading of Mr. Fenn's writings. Why? 1) Because he's a wise old fisherman. 2) Because I believe Mr. Fenn wants us to dig deeper. I think there's a real danger in latching onto the first symbol in Fenn's writings which happens to catch one's eye. Allow me to provide an example from his latest offering:

The most prominent image in Scrapbook 249 is that of the yellow daffodil. There's a lot to be unpacked here. Not that I have all the answers, but here are a few observations I find worth noting --

1) Daffodils are not always yellow. Some are white. Talk of a 'white blaze' over the years has been drilled into our ears and subsequently our minds. As Mr. Fenn makes the effort to articulate that the daffodils in his story are "yellow," could there be meaning in this? It's a question which remains to be answered. I recall previous mention of purple and yellow flowers, and a certain aberrant shade of Cadillac.

2) Daffodil flowers boast a "trumpet" at center, not to mention a "Corona." I don't always think the subtleties in Mr. Fenn's writings are about the location of his gold. To me, these images resound with encouragement that we will defeat our nation's present enemy. The impending warm weather may have something to do with our triumph; only time will tell.

3) We all know Greek mythological references play a role in Mr. Fenn's writings. The daffodil is also coined the Narcissus. Those skeptics among us might cling to the Greek phrasing with an incriminating eye. Let them do so. The internet is filled with such projections. This allusion reminds me of a "mirror" referenced in one of Fenn's earlier stories; the idea of looking into the mirror symbolizes self-reflection, humility, and if we see ourselves as akin to others, empathy becomes a necessary part of life's process. In myth, Narcissus calls out in love to "Echo" -- there are many echoes, dopples, and ripples sprinkled throughout the Chase, some more obvious than others, "Hear me all and listen good" being but one example.

3.5) The biggest snare for most searchers is falling in love with the wrong solve. "Bias" is the common term used to describe "why" this happens. Beneath most forms of bias, there is a root, and that root is some form or other of "self-love" -- Narcissus, in myth, dies from falling in love with his own reflection. Perhaps by referencing N., Mr. Fenn is warning searchers in love with the image of themselves in their solves of the perniciousness there-in. Fenn does after all, in one of his interviews, strongly advocate "divorce." As he included the term "marriage" in his vision for crafting a solve, perhaps Mr. Fenn was urging certain searchers to consider a "divorce" or at least some type of annulment. I'm by no means confident this is the case, but it's at least something to bear in mind.

4) Willie (Willie Mays?). The Yard (Baseball Home Run?). Or maybe Fenn was just "Saying Hey Kid." Again, only time will tell. Below, and excerpt connecting Willie and Daffodils:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Willie Mays.PNG Views:	0 Size:	70.3 KB ID:	148613Click image for larger version  Name:	Willie Mays 2.PNG Views:	0 Size:	22.8 KB ID:	148612

5) And finally, going in the complete opposite direction, maybe Mr. Fenn's writing is alarmingly straight forward and there are no symbols to be interpreted at all. Scrapbook "249" about "Daffodils" may literally point toward street address "249 Daffodil." The tax records for this property reveal a rather interesting historical anomaly; further, this particular plot of land sits in Casper (aka "friendly ghost") Wyoming just south of "Paradise Country Club" and a bend in the Platte River, just off "Indian Paintbrush" Road. You just can't make this stuff up.

Click image for larger version  Name:	249 Daffodil.PNG Views:	0 Size:	88.9 KB ID:	148615
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Tyke (MySon); 03-22-2020, 12:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr hand View Post
                                The importance of the blazes location should not be understated or this pic
                                I agree, so much. I had to really take time to consider the right perspective, and lo and behold, it’s a wharehouse! The table is set, has to be enough plates ready with this one for serving 30 or more. This is like a Norman Rockwell photo! Thanks for this classic!

Comment

Working...
                                X