Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scrapbook 249 is out!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    idk but i think hes beatin a dead horse

    Comment


    • #32
      My theory is that the further down the poem you get in solving it the tougher it becomes to untangle.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by JHSharp View Post
        Are his feet under the open drawer? Phone cord isn’t tangled. Is the drawer organized? Couldn’t tell. Can’t make out words on that page...
        I would say that Forrest seems to be resting comfortably under that wooden protrusion.

        Peace,

        O.

        Comment


        • #34
          Gutting is a informal British word meaning bitterly disappointing or upsetting; i.e. she described the absence of toilet paper on the supermarket shelf as absolutely gutting. I'm not exactly sure what he means by "gutting down." Maybe soften their disappointment? Who knows, maybe the lead hunter, who has waited patiently all winter for the warm temperature of spring has had to delay their plans either due to shelter in place or park closures or other factors beyond their control. Anyways...


          All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
          --Arthur Schopenhauer--

          Comment


          • #35
            "Gut feeling" is kinda back. Lead Searcher is back, too.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Anna Graham View Post
              Gutting is a informal British word meaning bitterly disappointing or upsetting; i.e. she described the absence of toilet paper on the supermarket shelf as absolutely gutting. I'm not exactly sure what he means by "gutting down." Maybe soften their disappointment? Who knows, maybe the lead hunter, who has waited patiently all winter for the warm temperature of spring has had to delay their plans either due to shelter in place or park closures or other factors beyond their control. Anyways...


              Nice song Anna! Kinda reminds me of this other classic
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15YgdrhrCM8

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by 5-leaf Blaze View Post
                "Gut feeling" is kinda back. Lead Searcher is back, too.
                >>>>>>>>>

                "Gutting down"

                Forrest used an aberrational phrase to draw attention to both "gut" and "down". Then he followed that phrase with an expression, or feeling, of optimism.
                "...That’s why I’m so optimistic about the future..."

                So, maybe we have "gut" "feeling"...and well, before we get to gut feeling, he used the word down twice,
                "Things are tough down town and around the country, so my family is hunkered down with books aplenty."

                That is to say, Forrest doubled down.

                Maybe Forrest is saying that he is doubling down on his gut feeling.

                IMO, AAMOF

                Peace,

                O.


                >>>>>>>>>
                "Gutting down"

                Gutting. Down?

                Why down? Wait...Forrest used the word down earlier in this scrapbook...let me see...oh, here:
                "Things are tough down town and around the country, so my family is hunkered down with books aplenty."

                There it is, down town. Hmmm...I thought down town is one word, downtown. Wonder why Forrest split the word.

                Hey...he used the word down again! "...hunkered down..."

                There's something aberrationally queer about that...but what?

                Hmmmmm...

                Regards,

                O.

                Comment


                • #38
                  This dapper little guy knows all about gutting down.

                  Click image for larger version

Name:	FE91BF2F-629C-4C2A-81E6-54B9FA4B021E.gif
Views:	496
Size:	1.59 MB
ID:	148173
                  "I once sent a dozen of my friends a telegram saying 'flee at once - all is discovered.' They all left town immediately." ~ Mark Twain

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by ORION View Post

                    >>>>>>>>>

                    "Gutting down"

                    Forrest used an aberrational phrase to draw attention to both "gut" and "down". Then he followed that phrase with an expression, or feeling, of optimism.
                    "...That’s why I’m so optimistic about the future..."

                    So, maybe we have "gut" "feeling"...and well, before we get to gut feeling, he used the word down twice,
                    "Things are tough down town and around the country, so my family is hunkered down with books aplenty."

                    That is to say, Forrest doubled down.

                    Maybe Forrest is saying that he is doubling down on his gut feeling.

                    IMO, AAMOF

                    Peace,

                    O.


                    >>>>>>>>>
                    "Gutting down"

                    Gutting. Down?

                    Why down? Wait...Forrest used the word down earlier in this scrapbook...let me see...oh, here:
                    "Things are tough down town and around the country, so my family is hunkered down with books aplenty."

                    There it is, down town. Hmmm...I thought down town is one word, downtown. Wonder why Forrest split the word.

                    Hey...he used the word down again! "...hunkered down..."

                    There's something aberrationally queer about that...but what?

                    Hmmmmm...

                    Regards,

                    O.
                    double down nice

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      https://youtu.be/Zx06XNfDvk0

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by ultrasharp sunshine View Post
                        That’s funny cause I heard it rained all day in Santa Fe today.

                        Our thoughts create our reality... or in other words, imagination, or meditation.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by khan View Post
                          Hey! Petula Clark doubled down, too!

                          https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv...nd-Loose-Women

                          Are you Forrest? Trolling us?

                          LOL

                          Peace,

                          O.


                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by JChere View Post

                            The photograph was staged (by f I'm guessing) including the angle it's shot from (which is very telling). the way f is setting is also very telling. IMO that photo was well thought out by f. It may look cluttered but it contains fluid motion for the eyes.

                            Kinda looks like even f has evolved in his art.. lol
                            I believe that photo is a complete picture. Study it carefully and think.
                            Dal took it, I took that photo of Forrest and Willie last October…along with several others. I have used it, or possibly one very similar, in the past. I thought it was again appropriate for this post by Forrest.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by 5-leaf Blaze View Post
                              "Gut feeling" is kinda back. Lead Searcher is back, too.
                              "Gutting down", to calm a gut feeling.
                              Hes not gonna tell anyone about his gut feelings ever again.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by JChere View Post

                                The photograph was staged (by f I'm guessing) including the angle it's shot from (which is very telling). the way f is setting is also very telling. IMO that photo was well thought out by f. It may look cluttered but it contains fluid motion for the eyes.

                                Kinda looks like even f has evolved in his art.. lol
                                I believe that photo is a complete picture. Study it carefully and think.
                                I was wondering about that open drawer... with some notes on top...

                                And did you see that tablet in the back with that strange antenna? Looks like... surveillance... hmmm?
                                Last edited by Cowboyrocker; 03-19-2020, 02:50 PM.
                                „It‘s almost impossible to carry the torch of truth through a crowd without singeing somebody‘s beard.“
                                G. C. Lichtenberg

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X